Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   the "whine about boo-boos" thread (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4250)

Johnny Gnar Gnar 02-01-2007 11:52 AM

It does sound like there may be a bit of nerve damage. I have broken my fingers so many times that it makes it very hard to play guitar anymore. I can do some mean chords, but they are so stiff I can't move them very well from fret to fret, as in lead guitar playing. It kinda stinks, but I know I will never be a shredder hehehe. I've torn three pulley tendons as well, I don't know what the real name of them is, but it is the tendon going over the top of the knuckle. Rock climbing for twelve years will do that, I've learned. When it gets really cold my hands just curl up into little balls. It makes for great fun ice climbing! *eyes roll*

Salmiakki 02-01-2007 11:58 AM

Ouch, HumanePain...now my boo-boo of waxed thread slicing through my finger is science class sounds pathetic, but it still hurts like hell.

disorder 02-02-2007 03:05 AM

I've just started Taekwondo, and last lesson we did some Jumping High Kicks. Being the graceful dancer I am, I aimed high than the average bear, and fell on my posterior. I would like a Bananas In Pajamas bandaid, please.

And a panadol.

PersephoneX 02-02-2007 05:13 AM

Bananas in Pajamas! yay!

Ok, dudes. i'm off to the doctor soon. Will sneak some nice piccies! :D

HumanePain 02-02-2007 07:33 AM

This damn sore throat just keeps coming back. (cough)
It has cursed me since New Year's.

cymru 02-02-2007 06:18 PM

I have been sick almost constantly, since Christmas. :(
And my back is bothering me again...

LaBelleDameSansMerci 02-02-2007 06:38 PM

My meds are still bothering me from increasing them, despite the fact that almost a month has passed since they were increased...

PersephonyX, I had to get stitches on my arm once. I was so shocked at its depth and ugliness that I put a kleenex over it within about 3/4 of a second... Anyway, my friend accompanied me to the emergency room and we ended up making fun of a horse magazine for an hour or so. But I was really hyper and giggly, too. My friend says I wasn't thinking right, cuz I went out on a cold, extremely windy night in silk pj bottoms, a tshirt and a thin, rubber jacket (the hospital is a couple blocks away from where I live). I ended up watching the doctor put the stitches in, which was really weird cuz he'd frozen it and I could see the needle and thread going in and poking around and the doctor being not-entirely-gentle, and it didn't hurt! *shakes with glee* It was really weird.

It ended up being a pretty good night. My cut didn't hurt at all, from the time I incurred it until almost 12 hours later, when I woke up, and then it only throbbed. It was hell trying to turn the printing press that day. Kept being afraid I was gonna tear the stitches. AND that was the day that the blankets on the press went screwy and, in the process of trying to re-align them, I had to physically push the press bed back between the rollers... I'm glad it didn't fall off the press, or I'd have been in shit. It weighs about a tonne. Litterally. That's what the print teacher said. Oh well, rolling it wasn't TOO hard... took some straining...

Sorry, I'm rambling.
[/not-really-whine]

disorder 02-03-2007 03:11 PM

Last night at waterpolo I stopped a goal with my face.

cymru 02-04-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disorder
I've just started Taekwondo, and last lesson we did some Jumping High Kicks. Being the graceful dancer I am, I aimed high than the average bear, and fell on my posterior. I would like a Bananas In Pajamas bandaid, please.

And a panadol.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...anananapjs.jpg

PersephoneX 02-08-2007 09:21 PM

She keeps spelling my name wrong! Stop it! its annoying!

Anway, do you think i can take my stitches out on my own? i mean its just a matter of cutting the thread and pulling it out. I already unknotted them...Do i have to have it checked out first?

raggedyanne 02-08-2007 09:26 PM

I got calleda parasite, indirectly. And gotrained on so my hair looks like a mad scientist

PersephoneX 02-08-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I got calleda parasite, indirectly. And gotrained on so my hair looks like a mad scientist

what do either of these have to do with being hurt, or having a boo-boo of some kind? Why didnt you post this in the whining/rant thread instead?

Magpie_Tendencies 02-09-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersephoneX
Anway, do you think i can take my stitches out on my own? i mean its just a matter of cutting the thread and pulling it out. I already unknotted them...Do i have to have it checked out first?

You probably could, but I don't know if that's a brilliant idea. Are they scheduled to come out soon?

PersephoneX 02-09-2007 05:37 AM

tomorrow...i think i should...

raggedyanne 02-10-2007 12:18 AM

sorry persephone, maybe I AM a locust ::sigh::

I got pushed down a slide into the puddle that always lies in wait at the end. Now my butt is wet. Yah, you can laugh too.

There are many kinds of hurt. Not all is physical.

PersephoneX 02-11-2007 09:51 PM

Emotional hurt needs a special kind of band-aid...
The animal cracker kind...

*passes an iced zoo biscuit to Raggedy*

My stitches came out on Saturday, guys!!! I took all but one out! They called me the "one stitch patient". I couldnt get the last one out 'cos half the knot was in the skin...it was ouchies!

Vako 02-11-2007 10:03 PM

What do people mean on this site when they say someone is a locust ?

Oh, to get on topic to the thread, my heart has many booboos, but I take care of them.

PersephoneX 02-11-2007 10:13 PM

A locust is the term i'm using for a member of the swarm of intellectualy challenged newbies we have around here at the moment.

Want an IcedZoo Biscuit?

*offers Vako the box*

Vako 02-11-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersephoneX
A locust is the term i'm using for a member of the swarm of intellectualy challenged newbies we have around here at the moment.

Want an IcedZoo Biscuit?

*offers Vako the box*

Thanks, I'll have some Zoo biscuits, and I'm feeling better already :-)

raggedyanne 02-12-2007 04:30 PM

The zoo biscuts solve every ailment except for the bloody/ P.E. induced kind. Those take the nurse. My friend carried me all the way to the office after my ankle got cut on the metal pole thing.

Godslayer Jillian 02-12-2007 06:58 PM

I have hepatitis.
DAmn straight, I just PWNED this thread!

PersephoneX 02-12-2007 08:52 PM

What?!?!? How? That's harsh, Jilli.

*passes IcedZoo to Jilli*

Raggedy, IcedZoo is also pretty good for the ego, after having gone to the nurse...want one?

HumanePain 02-14-2007 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I have hepatitis.
DAmn straight, I just PWNED this thread!

Oh man, that's tough. Is it type C, or...?

Godslayer Jillian 02-14-2007 01:15 PM

Nah, just A.

Vyusher 02-14-2007 08:00 PM

I got heel-kicked in the face. My right eye-socket is broken (I think it's technically part of my jaw, but my fucking "eyebone" was broken, I wasn't listening to the doctor.), and I won't be able to see out of the thing for several weeks, (since I already have a terrible astigmatism, and thusly about 20/80 or worse vision in that eye, I an unphased by this), and if I am hit too hard in the back of the head, it could be launched from my body if I do not wear a patch to keep it in.