Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RIP marilyn manson (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11419)

dre bin laden 07-12-2008 12:15 PM

RIP marilyn manson

well, if anyone hasn't listened to the new album ill save you the embarassment and tell you right now: unless you want to be depressed for days don't buy it. i mean, the golden age of grotesque sounded a lot different than past albums (and mOBSCENE and the new shit were so fucking annoying not to mention EVERYWHERE), but it had some good tracks (vodevil, slut garden, paranoir, etc.) even if they didnt sound like regular manson. so when my friend baught the new album, i was prepared for the worst (heart shaped glasses? what?), and i must say, i wasn't nearly prepared for what i heard. we both sat next to eachother with our mouths gaping open trying to give the garbage that was coming out of the stereo a chance. every single song was the emoest thing ive ever heard. i am not exaggerating nor lying when i say we took the cd into the backyard and burnt it while mourning a dead marilyn manson.
on a lighter note, let's all pay our respects and name our favorite manson song(s) :o)
ill start (i have a lot, please don't mind me im in mourning..): the speed of pain, cyclops, coma white, lamb of god, great big white world, rock is dead, coma black, sweet tooth.

RIP REVEREND MARILYN MANSON

dabbadmc 07-12-2008 12:18 PM

God, when I read the title I thought Marilyn Manson died...

Anyway, I don't have any favourite songs of his - I'm not really into the band that much.

Plus I think the original version of Tainted Love was much better than his version.

She_Is_My_Sin 07-12-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabbadmc
God, when I read the title I thought Marilyn Manson died...

Anyway, I don't have any favourite songs of his - I'm not really into the band that much.

Plus I think the original version of Tainted Love was much better than his version.

Snap with the thinking he's dead thing. Also, if you're refering to the Soft Cells rendition of Tainted Love, that was actually a cover of a Gloria Jones song. The more you know....

Anyways, I liked a few of his songs...but not loads. I doubt your review of the album, or Marilyn Manson himself is going to cause huge turmoil on here.

dabbadmc 07-12-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
Snap with the thinking he's dead thing. Also, if you're refering to the Soft Cells rendition of Tainted Love, that was actually a cover of a Gloria Jones song. The more you know....

Anyways, I liked a few of his songs...but not loads. I doubt your review of the album, or Marilyn Manson himself is going to cause huge turmoil on here.

Yes, I like Gloria Jones' version the best. I find Soft Cell's a little irritating after a while.

She_Is_My_Sin 07-12-2008 12:30 PM

Ah cool. It just irks me when so many people say that Soft Cell did it originally. I mistook you for one of them, and I apologise for it.

dabbadmc 07-12-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
Ah cool. It just irks me when so many people say that Soft Cell did it originally. I mistook you for one of them, and I apologise for it.

No worries.

Delicate_Torture 07-12-2008 01:39 PM

I once had a live version of Robert Smith covering Tainted Love... now that was a version of the song I could listen to for days on end.

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
I once had a live version of Robert Smith covering Tainted Love... now that was a version of the song I could listen to for days on end.

DAMN! I would have loved to have heard that myself.

CptSternn 07-13-2008 02:14 AM

Manson sucks, and always has.

It has been said in thread after thread, but since the poster is new I'll say it again - he is not goth and is a cheap industry rip off of our scene.

He is to goth what Winger is to metal.

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn

HA! Now they are going to go look up Winger!

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-13-2008 02:30 AM

Doesn't mean that some youth can find meaning in his work, I personally don't but people see what they see.

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 02:33 AM

I really don't like Manson.

Once when I was out at a karaoke bar for the company Christmas party people asked me to get up and sing. I didn't want to. Then people chimed in with "Do some Marilyn Manson." I wanted to scream.

Minyaliel 07-13-2008 04:37 AM

*pats Tea on the back* My sympathies. I'm not very fond of him either, although I can tolerate some of his songs if I'm in a foul mood.

Man In Room 5 07-13-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptSternn

I like that line. I've always used a similar one myself. I've said before that Manson is to goth what Vanilla Ice is to rap.

Magila 07-13-2008 06:12 AM

And i seriously thought he died, was happy and all.

On topic, he was a failure since he was born.

HumanePain 07-13-2008 08:22 AM

I liked The Beautiful People video.

CptSternn 07-13-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
I like that line. I've always used a similar one myself. I've said before that Manson is to goth what Vanilla Ice is to rap.

Thats equally as appropriate.

JCC 07-13-2008 10:50 AM

I like Marilyn Manson.

LetheanBlacklight 07-13-2008 11:01 AM

I like the earlier manson stuff.. Ive never associated him with goth NOR industrial though.

LiUsAiDh 07-13-2008 11:30 AM

Oh, I thought he actually was dead too.

Mind you, if he did die, we'd have to put up with numerous tribute programmes on loads of TV/Radio Channels.

HumanePain 07-13-2008 05:07 PM

What I wonder is if Manson died by suicide would some young impressionable teens copycat his death? :(

LetheanBlacklight 07-13-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain
What I wonder is if Manson died by suicide would some young impressionable teens copycat his death? :(

Would that not be their own fault? Even as impressionable as they are?

Lolly PopMuzik 07-13-2008 09:22 PM

He was soooo creepy in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things...

Tam Li Hua 07-13-2008 10:22 PM

Eh, he's not really my thing, but I don't have a problem with those who -do- like him. *shrug*

gothicusmaximus 07-13-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magila
On topic, he was a failure since he was born.

How do you define 'failure'? I have difficulty comprehending how any accepted definition of that word applies to an exceedingly wealthy, insanely famous individual who consistently bangs hot women.