Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tripp pants! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=8303)

electrosexual 11-18-2007 10:22 PM

Tripp pants!

Well at the risk of losing the little amount of goth points I have, I think they're fab! And therefore would like to purchase a pair in the near future. So I was just wondering before I buy are they good quality? Are they awkward? Do they get caught in things? Etc etc. Basically I'd just like to know of anyone's experiences with them :]

Paigeybobert 11-18-2007 10:24 PM

They pretty much suck and they always get caught on chairs and rip. I'd buy something better with that $50.

electrosexual 11-18-2007 10:27 PM

Rawr thanks for the reply! Are there any other alternatives that look the same style?

Godslayer Jillian 11-18-2007 10:33 PM

Alternatives?
Wear tight-fitted pants and look good!!
:)

gothicusmaximus 11-18-2007 10:49 PM

Tripp pants tend to shred easily and, perhaps appropriately, often cause those who wear them to... trip. You could get a pair of really baggy/oversized pants and add spikes, chains, or neon stiching yourself, an alternative which would involve hard work but would also allow you to avoid ever encountering another person wearing the exact same pair of 'edgy' trousers as you are.

Lolly PopMuzik 11-19-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Alternatives?

Something that Tripp pants will never achieve...Sorry, just saw too damn many of them at this year's Comic-Con.

bleedingheart344 11-19-2007 12:57 AM

Tripp pants? Please gag me with an elegent stirling silver spoon. You can get better for 50-55 dollars.

greencorrine 11-19-2007 03:58 AM

My significant other has this wonderful pair of pants all done up with buckles up the legs, that makes him look sexy. He's the only one I've seen who can pull of those kinds of pants and NOT look like a teenage kid at Hot Topic. He does this because of the style and fit of the pants. I am not sure if they are Tripp pants.

kimaru 11-19-2007 10:31 AM

Find a pair of black pants that actually fit right, then custimize the hell out of them. It'll probably look way better than tripp pants...

Haunted House 11-19-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Alternatives?

Seconded. Hah.

AutoGenocite 11-19-2007 01:34 PM

Personally, I find them a little tacky sometimes. But as I shamelessly have a pair, I can't complain much. They're not the overly chained and pocketed ones. They have zipper pockets on both hips and 2 chains running on each side. But the real reason I bought them was because they have a corseting in the back of the legs that makes them quite lush. So I can't say too many negative things about them, Tripp can come up with some good merchandise.

GothicChristian 11-19-2007 01:42 PM

I went to my friends house one day and ended up staying the night, I had to borrow her clothes and the only clothes she ever wore were from Hot Topic, so, I ended up in a pair of Tripp pants. Let me tell you something, they're called TRIPP pants for a reason. I twisted my ankle while wearing them, and they didn't fit right so I was walking around the whole day trying to keep them up. (I have yet to get my skirt back...) If I were you, I'd try getting cheaper, better made pants and, like everyone else is saying, customize them. They'll be more comfortable and you won't look like a clone of all those mall goths.

(Yes, my friend is a mall goth, as sad as it is. I'm helping her , as is my mom, get more into the subculture.)

Rorschach Twin 11-19-2007 02:14 PM

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...=1195510113431

those are the only good tripp pants I've ever seen.

KontanKarite 11-19-2007 06:25 PM

If you HAVE to get something like Tripp, I would shop The Black Angel in Germany or hit up X-tra X because at least then, the stuff wont suck as bad.

http://www.the-black-angel.com/enter.html

http://www.x-tra-x.de/

Stormtrooper of Death 11-19-2007 07:07 PM

Bondage pants were first and are the best pants.

gothicusmaximus 11-19-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
Bondage pants were first and are the best pants.

Did you just earnestly attempt to assert that a certain type of pants is the 'best' type of pants? That's like trying to claim that one color is better than the others, dude.

prophecyofdoom 11-20-2007 12:46 AM

I loathe Tripp pants, and I think look awful on just about everybody. Not that I'm a paragon of fashion myself.

Draconysius 11-20-2007 05:06 AM

Buy some regular black pants and attach chains to them. Crossing in the back or spiraling down the leg. I wouldn't go with Tripp Pants because of the utter waste of money. Besides all the other things mentioned in this thread, the color fades VERY quickly. The last thing anyone wants in "OMG goffix pantz" is for them to not be black.

Stormtrooper of Death 11-20-2007 03:55 PM

Well I'm just saying I like bondage pants a lot gothicusmaximus.

KontanKarite 11-23-2007 08:23 AM

In other words, the punks did it all first. In fact, I'm starting to think that goths hadn't really done anything original except for the music. :-/

Underwater Ophelia 11-23-2007 08:31 AM

Well, what is original? I mean, what did the punks do that was so original?

maggot 11-23-2007 10:09 AM

Buy tripp pants for their couture line; the ones from Hot Topic aren't made as well.

Stormtrooper of Death 11-23-2007 10:52 AM

They rebelled against what was considered normal. They didn't want to play Led Zepplin and follow rules. They did what they wanted to, played their music loud and abrasive, upset the status quo. I hate to rant, but they opened so many doors for other things to start.

Underwater Ophelia 11-23-2007 10:56 AM

Right. None of that is really original.
In their own time, Led Zeppelin was rebelling against the norm.
In it's own time, rock and roll was considered "loud and abrasive," and it certainly upset the status quo.

That's what I mean...it's not original.
I don't think a genre of music can really be original.

Stormtrooper of Death 11-23-2007 11:12 AM

You have a point there. But a new genre is a breath of fresh air to a stagnating pile of boringness right?