Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What will you do if Zombies suddenly attack? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=19626)

freakinsheena 02-02-2010 06:53 PM

What will you do if Zombies suddenly attack?

Yeah, what if zombies suddenly rise up from the dead?
And there are just, I dunno, 20 of you guys remaining, 10 hot and yummy guys and another 10 sexy chicks. Huhhh???

(Perfect example of the setting: I Am Legend by Will Smith) You can do whatever you want every morning. Fucking hide your ass at night.

C'mmon you guys...

P.S. you can include Smith to those ten hot guys.

CarrionCorpse 02-02-2010 06:58 PM

I'm completely serious when I say that my friends and I actually have a plan for ZDAY. It will more than likely work too, we have planned out where to go, what we will need, how we will get there, who is going, etc... Also, the house that my boyfriend and I will eventually live in has already has plans for a very large "privacy wall" with iron spikes at the top to be erected. I would type out the actual plan, but I am becoming rather lazy at the moment.haha

Angelic Dissonance 02-02-2010 07:26 PM

Hide in school, escape to steal a motorcycle, head to canada.... or mexico? Zombies rot faster when it's hot.....

gothicusmaximus 02-02-2010 07:38 PM

No one with a 'zombie Plan' would actually survive a zombie invasion. In order to survive a zombie invasion, one must be an athletic badass who owns a gun and who is able to assemble a posse of equally athletic badasses. Conversely, people with 'zombie plans' are slovenly fatasses who own Nintendo Wiis and have no friends.

Bloodflowers 02-02-2010 07:41 PM

Super Wal*Mart! Quick stop in the hunting/sporting goods section to get weapons: guns, ammo, bow & arrows, machete (yes, they sell them in that section in Wal*Marts!... under $10 even..). Then grab other essentials, camp out on top of one of those tall shelving unit things, and hope that in case of a break in they're the slow moving Romero zombies..

CarrionCorpse 02-02-2010 08:10 PM

I weigh 98 pounds and don't even own a fucking Wii. Way to be judgemental of me and everyone else who posted.

Angelic Dissonance 02-02-2010 08:19 PM

But everyone must perpetrate stereotypes, how else may we be arrogant in our own self-knowledge? We are, of course, right about everything...

Including Zombies!!! But fast zombies, slow zombies, fully undead, mutant, viral, or radioactive?

I'm 120 lbs myself...

CarrionCorpse 02-02-2010 08:28 PM

That's something you need to take into consideration when deciding what to do during a zombie attack. Are they the old-school zombies, slow moving, and braindead? The real living dead? Or are they the new-age zombies? The fast moving, intellegent ones with a virus?

I agree entirely. People have a natural instinct to be right about everything. And anyone with a different thought/opinion is automatically wrong.

MollyMac 02-02-2010 08:38 PM

I am 162 pounds of muscle and have an odd thing about not believing in zombies or wasting time on bullshit contingency plans.

Saya 02-02-2010 08:55 PM

I'm more concerned about raptors. Since I saw Jurassic Park as a kid I was on edge when in rooms with doors that have horizonal handles, raptors can open those. I was so happy when I saw that xkcd comic and knew I wasn't alone in this.

CarrionCorpse 02-02-2010 09:00 PM

haha. I have never heard of someone fearing raptors over zombies.

Mir 02-02-2010 09:16 PM

At least Raptors were real beings that lived at one point in our history. Shouldn`t that be enough?

JethroAranas 02-02-2010 09:37 PM

I'd get all the most advanced and hi-tech guns, motorcycles and cars and hang out with the strongest (knows how to drive and use a gun) guy and the hottest chick.

Still Jack 02-02-2010 11:27 PM

I have 6 parts to my zombie plan
a) Get car.
b) Get Franck.
c) Steal Snowplow.
d) Weld 6 inch nails to it.
e) Steal booze.
f) Drive to south of France.

Lochnar 02-03-2010 12:04 AM

I have my emergency kit (made it for earthquakes) by the door, small pack with compass, blanket, hatchet, knife, mess kit, a range of fire starting equipment (matches, magnesium stick, wet light, etc), candles, flashlight (mag led), food (MRE's) and water. My battle axe and staff are there too, so I have a choice of what to take. Yes, it's a real double bladed battle axe and I can use it well. The staff is the one I train with. The shotgun is not close at hand but that's a safety thing. Regardless, my Z-day plan can be have me out the door with everything I need in under three minutes. After that the plan becomes fluid and I adapt to the situation. I'd rather not have to deal with 28 days later zombies (if you can call them that), those call for hiding not fighting. The dead coming back means no islands and use fire. An "I am Legend" virus would be best in that you can move about during the day but fewer people will get away uninfected. So, I have no hard and fast plan once I have grabbed the kit.

I'm athletic, 17 years of martial arts will do that. A badass? Well, everyone has there own scale for that one but I know I'm better the average.

Of course all that is for nothing if you don't see it coming.

Still Jack 02-03-2010 12:27 AM

Also, I am Legend is vampires, not zombies.

Lochnar 02-03-2010 12:38 AM

true, but I never called them zombies =D

Still Jack 02-03-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lochnar (Post 598876)
true, but I never called them zombies =D

OP did though.

gothicusmaximus 02-03-2010 03:45 AM

Everyone take a moment to appreciate that, in their desperately insecure attempts to except themselves from my obviously figurative characterization of people with Zombie plans, neither Angelic Dissonance nor CarrionCorpse denied the charge of having no friends.

blindNsect 02-03-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still Jack (Post 598869)
I have 6 parts to my zombie plan

b) Get Franck.

Issit yer Dog?

Underwater Ophelia 02-03-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollyMac (Post 598837)
I am 162 pounds of muscle and have an odd thing about not believing in zombies or wasting time on bullshit contingency plans.

Thank you, my dear.

Stormtrooper of Death 02-03-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse (Post 598811)
I'm completely serious when I say that my friends and I actually have a plan for ZDAY. It will more than likely work too, we have planned out where to go, what we will need, how we will get there, who is going, etc... Also, the house that my boyfriend and I will eventually live in has already has plans for a very large "privacy wall" with iron spikes at the top to be erected. I would type out the actual plan, but I am becoming rather lazy at the moment.haha

All the time we spend on this, good times indeed.

All I'll need is my car and I can weld and fix everything as needed, being a mechanic is a good thing! Weapons wise:

Sidearm: Browning High Power 9mm, reliable, easy to find, plentiful ammunition.

Close combat: AA-12 Auto shotgun. This is the ultimate zombie weapon, semi auto or 330 rounds per minute full auto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c&fmt=18

And they're starting to produce them!

blindNsect 02-03-2010 10:34 AM

That's unbelieveable.

vindicatedxjin 02-03-2010 10:39 AM

Definately going to stay at my friends house, he's a zombie apocalypse fanatic and owns about 20 different guns and massive weapons. It's all he talks about.

blindNsect 02-03-2010 10:40 AM

That's why you don't fuck him, even though he wants that.