Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Aaaaaand I'm back. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=15266)

psyches_reflection 04-30-2009 02:18 PM

Aaaaaand I'm back.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a full time art student studying contemporary drawing practice. I'm into drawing (suprise!), etching, pinhole photography and making small installations.

Beyond that I enjoy reading, walking, dancing, drinking and singing (though only when drinking).

2. Where are you from?

Good ol' Liverpool, UK.

3. Who is your favorite author?

I wouldn't say I have a favourite. I'm fond of Margaret Atwood, Han Suyin, Clive Barker and James Herbet, but I read all sorts of stuff. I'm tackling Sense and Sensibility at the moment.

4. What are your favorite films?

Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Innocents, The Science of Sleep, Labyrinth, Hellraiser, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, The Mutations.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

'One More Time' by The Cure. On a loop. Until everyone goes bananas.

6. At your funeral?

Something cheerful. I don't believe in being miserable at funerals.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

In the same manner as the protagonist in Kate Chopin's The Awakening: I'll strip naked and swim out into a body of water until I can go no further, slip under the water and drown.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Biodegradeable?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

At the moment... black stompy boots, leggings, a short vest, an XXL men's vest that fits as a dress and a long cardigan.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not worrying about anything. I worry about EVERYTHING.

11. What's your favorite band?

Radiohead, The Cure, Sigur Ros, Flaming Lips, Dead Can Dance, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Portishead, The Beatles, The Chameleons, The Psychadelic Furs.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Second Year Undergraduate, art major.

13. Why did you join?

I joined ages ago, left, came back, left, lurked. I figured that lurking this long means I should try and join in.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.

So, hello. again.

isobel black 04-30-2009 03:13 PM

Hey, Margaret Atwood is pretty cool, I only read two of her books but they were really good! I like the Kate Chopin reference as well...

So, welcome back, I guess, although I wasn't around when you were here.

psyches_reflection 05-01-2009 12:06 PM

Ta very much :) Which two of Atwood's books did you read? Truth be told I've only read The Handmaid's Tale and The Blind Assassin, but once I finish the stack of unread books next to my bed she's top of my shopping list.

RozzVanian 05-01-2009 07:00 PM

Welcome. Good to see another Chameleons fan, they're great!

Pineapple_Juice 05-01-2009 10:56 PM

Pinhole cameras are fun. We made one of those when I was in a photo class in high school. I felt so cool that I'd brag about it to people.

"Hello, I was just in my photo class-yes, photography, I'm like into that or whatever-so anyway, we made a pinhole camera, aren't those fun? Oh, you don't know what those are? Oh, ha, well sorry, it's just that we photo types are into that stuff. Let me explain to you..."

I was such a douche in high school.

isobel black 05-03-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyches_reflection (Post 535482)
Which two of Atwood's books did you read?

I read Surfacing for a Canadian Lit. class, and really enjoyed it.

Then I came across The Penelopiad, which isn't a proper novel but a short, funny, feminist take on the Odyssee. Also quite brilliant.

I'll look into the ones you've read, I definitely recommend these two.

psyches_reflection 05-03-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isobel black (Post 535942)
I read Surfacing for a Canadian Lit. class, and really enjoyed it.

Then I came across The Penelopiad, which isn't a proper novel but a short, funny, feminist take on the Odyssee. Also quite brilliant.

I'll look into the ones you've read, I definitely recommend these two.

Likewise, The Penelopiad sounds very interesting!

Thanks RozzVanian and Pineapple_Juice for the welcome :)