Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Literature (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Creepy short stories (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14124)

Hyenafreak 01-06-2009 12:18 AM

Creepy short stories

So, I read a bit in a database of extremely creepy short stories. And because sleep is overrated, I'm sharing a few with you.

First one:
"Daddy, I had a bad dream." You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness—it's 3:23. "Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?" "No, Daddy." The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room. "Why not sweetie?" "Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up." For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.

Second one (scared the shit out of me):
A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. Especially no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. The next night his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door. He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, "Did you look through the keyhole?" The man told her that he had and she said, "Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."

Now find a scary short story. Post it. See who flips.

isobel black 01-06-2009 02:31 AM

That's 5 minutes of my life I can never get back...

What´s more, I think Edgar Allan Poe just turned over in his grave. Not to mention Roald Dahl...

Hyenafreak 01-06-2009 11:32 AM

I wrote neither of them, so you know.

Albert Mond 01-06-2009 11:55 AM

The first one was scarier. Also, I've got reason to believe Isobel's mentally or emotionally handicapped. Fuck, shit, that was creepy.

a morbid curiosity 01-06-2009 12:00 PM

Yeah, the first one was better.
The second one kind of reminded me of the movie The Shining. Bleh.

Mr. Filth 01-06-2009 12:01 PM

I still think this is the best scary story on this site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by me
The Tugging (A Coming of Age Tale of Terror!)

Kevin woke to a strange sensation. As if something within him was shifting. Changing. Tugging. He stretched his muscles and yawned. He opened his eyes and was startled by what he saw at the foot of his bed. A hooded figure silhouetted in the moonlight stood before his bed. He turned on the lamp on his bed stand to get a better look.

As he rubbed the sleep from his eyes he got a better look at the figure. He appeared to be an gaunt old man wearing a yellow rain slicker. In his hands was a fishing rod. A lined from the fishing rod stretched toward the bed and under his bedspread and covers. Again. The tugging.

Kevin threw off the covers and discovered, to his horror, that the fishing line led between his legs. Upon further inspection with his fingers, he discovered the line went right up his anus! Shock! Terror! TUGGING!

Slowly and with confidence the salty old fisherman began to reel in his catch! Kevin squeeled with discomfort as the line stretched taught and tugged at his insides. The line seemed snagged and would not seem to reel any further. Then fisherman gave the line a gentle pull and Kevin moaned in pain. No good. The line would not seem to give any further. The old man then gave a violent jerk at the rod and Kevin howled in terrible anguish!

Left! Right! and Left again the old man yanked the rod, struggling to bring in his trophy! Kevin felt something within him give and slip a bit. The pain was unbearable! "Almost there" croaked the seasoned huntsman. "I've been seeking this one out for years. He's a sneaky devil, but I've caught him at last!"

The fisherman then gave one more mighty yank and reeled in hard! Kevin screamed and the line finally began to come in. With a hideous pop and a wet, sloppy sound the end of the line evacuated from Kevin's body. "Yarr!" hollered the fisherman in triumph! Raising his rod over his head.

At the end of the line was the biggest catfish Kevin had ever seen! "WOW!" he exclaimed. "He looks mighty fine, mister!". "Aye" said the fisherman, "Now come and join me with the feasting". Kevin hesitated. The bass was so magnificent! Such a marvelous creature. Surely such a creature who had put up such a valiant fight deserved better.

The old fisherman could read the boys face. "Yer right, son. He's too good. We should cast him back. Let someone else share the joy I've had hunting him all these years". Kevin agreed, "You're a good man, mister fisherman. Cast him back".

The End.

Albert Mond 01-06-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
I still think this is the best scary story on this site.

I agree.
blacktext

Tam Li Hua 01-06-2009 12:25 PM

First story: Sounds like a good start to a longer story, but not quite complete.

Very good start, though.

Second story: Sounds like a good campfire story, only I would love to know why the people were white with red eyes. Were they albino humans? Or a different sort of creature? And why did walking away save the man's life? Did the creatures' eyes have pupils? If so, wouldn't the man have seen the pupil in the eye as well as the color red? [Sorry for all the questions; I'm terribly analytical when it comes to stories..]

Albert Mond 01-06-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
First story: Sounds like a good start to a longer story, but not quite complete.

Bullshit. Expanding on it would be treason. You know just what's going to happen, and the imagination provides the most horrifying effect possible.

Hyenafreak 01-06-2009 05:02 PM

I like imagining the ends to short stories. If you've ever read Stephen King's short stories, you'd know that leaving your imagination to do the work is terribly effective at making the reader cry like a pussy.

Wednesday Friday Addams 01-06-2009 05:39 PM

Lol people getting serious about old creepy pasta.

Mr. Filth 01-06-2009 06:27 PM

What about mine, wednesday? That's fresh anti-pasta.

Wednesday Friday Addams 01-06-2009 06:40 PM

Yeah It was better then reading the same old pasta that people find.

I am mainly laughing at how tam is trying to seriously review them.

Albert Mond 01-06-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Yeah It was better then reading the same old pasta that people find.

I am mainly laughing at how tam is trying to seriously review them.

They aren't bad stories.

Mr. Filth 01-06-2009 06:54 PM

They are pretty lame, Albert. I could write better, and will.

Albert Mond 01-06-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
They are pretty lame, Albert.

No. Number two's lame. Number one, while brief, is pure genius. For a REALLY shitty one, try that cliched one about the dead girl killing you because you read something.

TokioHotelrox 02-27-2009 03:54 PM

Rithuim sat up in bed. She stared at the wall. It had all seemed so real. But it couldn't be. She knew it. Her mom was long gone. She was never around when she was a kid, always going on about this or that. She knew her mom couldn't find her now. Now that she had changed her name and had fled the country, leaving behind everything she had ever seen, had ever felt, had ever believed.
"It wasn't a dream." A hoarse whisper said. Rithuim turned the light on out of shock.
"Mom? How did you find me?"
"Who's this mom?" Her mother pulled out he famous high-heels, the ones with actual knives in them, and stumbled toward Rithuim. Rithuim jumped up and ran out the door.
She was punched in the gut. She looked up to see her best friend.
She suddenly remembered the inn keeper's warning, 'If you're running away, everyone you ever know will turn against you.' She woke up, screaming.
"What is it, Rithium?" Her mother asked, coming in with a gun. "It's not going to hurt." She laughed as the bullet pierced Rithuim's heart.

TokioHotelrox 02-27-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Mond
No. Number two's lame. Number one, while brief, is pure genius. For a REALLY shitty one, try that cliched one about the dead girl killing you because you read something.

Don't we all think it's complete bullshit?

Schazmyrrh 04-02-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Mond (Post 500441)
Bullshit. Expanding on it would be treason. You know just what's going to happen, and the imagination provides the most horrifying effect possible.

I would have to agree. "Suggestions" in stories and movies always have a better and, not to mention, longer-lasting effect on me rather than overdone special effects and details.

the-nihilist 04-23-2009 07:52 PM

My favorite horror short story would have to be "The Weird Shadow over Innsmouth" by Lovecraft

Here it is: http://www.feedbooks.com/book/28.pdf

XxCire_StarzxX 10-10-2010 06:06 PM

I read the 1st one on Facebook. But, it did'nt stop. It said ". . . The covers behind you begin to shift.
“Baby, just you shut your mouth…”
David Bowie erupts from the covers, tossing your dead wife’s skin aside like one of his famous stage costumes. “David mother fucking Bowie!” you and your daughter scream in unison.
“This ain’t rock n’ roll… This is GENOCIDE!” he screams, materializing a flaming guitar out of the ether and into his hands. He proceeds into a jam session that results in a horrific block fire killing thirty seven people and was hailed by Rolling Stone as the greatest concert of the decade.

Scary right? Thats what I imagined happening cause the Facebook Story. LOL.

creepy 01-03-2011 04:40 AM

Okay, enough of the retold stories from the rest of the Internet. I have a story you'll all like and I guarantee you've never heard it before because it happened to me. This is in third person format as you read.

This guy is hanging out with his friends in a parking lot. They split up to go home. A few moments later, a sports car pulls up beside him. He immediately notices the pretty girl behind the wheel and she smiles at him. She asks him if he wants to go for a ride. Excitedly, he says yes!

He gets in the car and before he has time to fasten his seat belt, she floors it, tires squealing, and takes off out of the parking lot. He manages to get his seatbelt fastened. He looks over at her and down at her hand on the stick shift. She’s shifting through the gears like butter. He’s so intrigued by her; he never takes his eyes off her.

She’s weaving in and out of traffic, not letting up on the throttle for anything. The last thing he thinks is, “I love her” and WHAM! She smashes head-on into an oncoming car…

The next thing he remembers is being startled awake by his mom shaking him in front of his house. She asks him repeatedly, “Are you okay? Are you okay?” He says, “Yes! Mom, I’m okay! I was just sleeping!”

He notices the lady from across the street, kneeling down beside the girl from the sports car, who is covered in blood and half her face is smashed in. He leans over her lifeless body and asks, “Are you okay?” She opens one of her eyes and says, “I was just sleeping”.

To this very day, no one knows how he ended up outside in his pyjamas, lying beside the lifeless body of a girl who hit an oncoming car that night. Several witnesses on the scene say she was alone in the car when she crossed the center line and the girl never regained consciousness. The girl was pronounced dead at the scene, even though he recalls she responded to him with the same thing he said to his mom when she shook him awake: “I was just sleeping”.