Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The clothes thread. Where do you get yours? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22821)

aspiring 06-21-2010 02:33 PM

The clothes thread. Where do you get yours?

I pretty much just go to every store I can find, most of them have at least one good thing.
But where do you shop/buy clothes?

honeythorn 06-21-2010 02:40 PM

Not being funny but can you read ? And did you bother to even look at the whole list of sections before posting? There is an entire section on fashion if you scroll down the main page.

And in answer to the thread question I get my stuff from anywhere it catches my eye. I don't give a toss if it's designer or from a charity shop, if I like the look of it, or think I can tweak it to make it look better on me, I'll buy it as long as I think it's worth the price and if I'll wear it more than a couple of times.

beschadigte_x 06-22-2010 10:50 PM

to be honest, I mostly buy my clothes from Hot Topic, or wherever else I can find nice looking clothes.

The-Noxious-Syringe 07-19-2010 12:52 AM

I make all my clothes. Just about anyway.

le_revenant 07-31-2010 09:13 PM

Online.
I'm not shoppin' @ Hot Topic.
And most of the used shops have bottom-of-the-barrel stuff you could only make gothic in a water-to-wine kind of miracle.

Unless you can somehow goth up ol' 90s 'M.C. Hammer' pants from the local Goodwill!:p

d0p3y 07-31-2010 09:39 PM

just thought I would post here for the hell of it, and to piss more people off...

BTW honeythorn atleast you tried ^__^

Ben Lahnger 08-01-2010 02:38 PM

This thread should not be here. People show such utter disrespect for other users here when they think posting a self-serving attention-getting thread is more important than reading a little and following the very simple and easy to get along with rules.

This thread desperately needs to get jacked!

Soooooooooo ....

Does de-clawing cats prevent them from climbing up curtains?

OnyxBat 08-01-2010 02:47 PM

I buy my clothing from old navy and then alter them and put pins, stiches, patches,etc. Or some times eBay.

Tam Li Hua 08-01-2010 04:50 PM

I buy clothes wherever I find something that suits my style and that I can afford.

That includes HT [if they have a good deal during one of their sales], JC Penny's, thrift stores, ebay, etsy, Amazon, and wherever else there are good deals.

d0p3y 08-01-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 629602)
This thread should not be here. People show such utter disrespect for other users here when they think posting a self-serving attention-getting thread is more important than reading a little and following the very simple and easy to get along with rules.

This thread desperately needs to get jacked!

Soooooooooo ....

Does de-clawing cats prevent them from climbing up curtains?

I believe it would if you do it right.

aspiring 08-06-2010 10:58 PM

sorry, wrong section i know. not quite sure how to delete this thread though...

Sinjob 08-07-2010 06:26 AM

You don't. That's why threads get jacked when they're going nowhere. Like the one that emphasized the burning question of how to approach a dark skinned goth.

Ben: Nothing will benefit you more than DE-CLAWING those furry fucks in the first place. Forget about the curtains! I'd just rather not look have the arms of a misguided suburbanite just for petting Heathcliff.

Graveyard.Crow 08-08-2010 10:13 PM

I kinda sew mine lately

Anarasha 08-09-2010 08:04 AM

Convenience stores.
And if I need a trenchcoat or something that's not exactly convenience store items, I go to EMP online.
http://www.emp-online.com/ (I am sure they have a site for the rest of the world too, but that is the one I shop from as it is the closest to Denmark. Set in Germany.)

Catch 08-09-2010 11:15 AM

Mmmm, I like small shops and there is one downtown, yet lately, probably brought everything at Macy's. Oh well.

Noirmoth 08-09-2010 07:40 PM

There are a few stores in Toronto i like shopping at ( like Borderline), but i also like the thrift and army stores. They have diffrent things. I dont like spending too much money, when i dont have it...( Trust me. I buy dollar store makeup)

allyssa 08-09-2010 11:10 PM

only declaw your cat if it is an indoor cat or else they will be defensless to neighborhood skunks and porcupines.

Hearts_Purple 08-10-2010 07:15 AM

You should also spay/neuter all of your pets whether they're inside or outside dwellers.

paleghost 08-10-2010 10:51 AM

I honestly shop at goodwill, I can buy a weeks worth of wardrobe for the price of a pair of Tripp pants

ape descendant 08-10-2010 11:46 AM

Yah, 2nd hand stores and hand-me-downs are pretty much what use to make my own clothes with.

vindicatedxjin 08-10-2010 12:33 PM

Thriftstores, urban outfitters, forever21