Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   .: Randomness :. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22)

ForbiddenSoul 12-19-2003 06:04 PM

goth

goth...a style...a feeling......US

Wow!
People are slow and stupid...some of them anyway...
Okay so anyways....i think that goth is a feeling, a way you feel i mean yes its away you dress too but I mean if u think about it anyone can dress in all black its more than just .....black,clothes anyways

anti_everything 12-19-2003 06:57 PM

hm.

Well, yeah. Anyone can just go into their older brothers room and steal a black t-shirt and baggy pants and take it upon themselves to say what is or is not goth. Anyone can put on black eyeliner and buy some black hair dye and stand in the corner looking rejected. But at the end of the day, its what you really are that matters, not what people who dont really know you see you as.

MrMaelstrom 12-19-2003 07:34 PM

Re: goth

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForbiddenSoul
i think that goth is a feeling, a way you feel i mean yes its away you dress too but I mean if u think about it anyone can dress in all black its more than just .....black,clothes anyways

Jesus fucking Christ! You're still going on about this? Why didn't you post it on your own thread bitching about Gothic Miss Manners? Oh, I remember: Because you got your arse flamed for saying pretty much the same thing.
Wear whatever the fuck you want, get over it and get a life, damn it!

cyanidepromise 12-19-2003 08:11 PM

Shall I bore everyone with my randomness? I suppose I will.
Well then, today I feel very self pitying. Mostly because I’m sick and am currently suffering coughing fits in which I occasionally cough up blood. (Raistlin style) I’m kind of amused that my boyfriend has found a way to get mad at me for being sick. My best friend’s emotionally unstable ex boyfriend is venting on me about what a horrible person my friend is and why he loves her and cannot live without her. And so goes the typical life of a sixteen year old.
My grandfather e-mailed me assuming that since he has a present for me (in regards to a holiday which I do not really celebrate, but gifts are gifts, and I’m selfish like that) I will forgive him and my grandmother for all of the horrible things they’ve done to my mother in the past few months not to mention her whole life. Unless this gift is a house to live in (we’re currently living in a small house with my aunt and her two children plus another one of my cousins) then the selfish, rich bastard can go to hell for all I care. People’s stupidity eludes me, really.
And, I’m done.

Perfectly_Flawed 12-20-2003 04:23 AM

Well, Forbidden Soul, I actually measure how gothic I am by the number of black items I can wear, not just by the fact that I wear them. So far I'm on 14. Guess that makes me pretty good, huh.

Just playing with ya. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanidepromise
I’m kind of amused that my boyfriend has found a way to get mad at me for being sick.

I'm sorry, but that's really lame of your boyfriend. :)

This afternoon I was furious. Our car was broken into while we were out shopping. Had it been a false alarm, I might have been amused by my dad's ability to understand the overhead system: he was reading the newspaper and even while he was distracted doing that, he managed to make out the woman reading out his licence number. I wasn't paying any attention to it, and it was only when he stood up, and without a word rushed off, that the last two words of the message lingered in my mind.

Did she really say "...broken into"? It was highly likely, considering how my dad had reacted. But we've never experienced anything like this, nor seen it in action.

When after 5 minutes and my dad still wasn't back, I went to the car. I found the driver's side backseat window smashed. But my dad was nowhere to be seen. I hung around, and he arrived, and told me that his toolkit was taken - which had a notebook computer (laptop) in it.

If I ever came face to face with the culprit, I would ram them into a wall and beat their face to pulp. My dad really doesn't need the extra stress right now, nevermind the financial cost of having to replace the stolen goods. And - haha - he'd stopped insuring the notebook just this year. It cost $400 a year and he's been trying to eliminate expenses. Figures, huh.

So yeah. That was my afternoon. I also had to clean up after the fuckers; vacuum the broken glass in the car.

Daz 12-21-2003 03:21 PM

i just wanted to show you all how exciting the gig i went to was list night. i actually did two of these but i couldnt get the other one to scan in small enough for me to reduce the size to something postable. i did have fun though and some of the guys were kinda cute, in that 18 yr old kinda way :twisted:

Daz 12-21-2003 03:29 PM

heh, i got the other one down to size, this is actually the first one done during the first band, the one i was actually there to see.

Perfectly_Flawed 12-21-2003 08:26 PM

^^
Hahaha ... nice ... :P

I had an awesome morning. I woke up at about 4am and went online to catch a friend. It's his birthday today (the 22nd of December) and I wanted to chat to him before surprising him with a phone call. The 6 hour time difference was the reason behind me hitting the Net at 4.

Anyway, we had a great conversation, yadda yadda, left me smiling for the rest of the morning.

Second random: I have a bruise on my finger, caused by stupidity.

Daz 12-21-2003 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed
Second random: I have a bruise on my finger, caused by stupidity.

ooooooo.... do tell

Ravena 12-21-2003 09:21 PM

Daz,
Where do you live? Vancouver? I've lived in Seattle and Calgary,Can, but I've always wanted to go to Van. And, Yes, I know, the Flames Suck... :roll:

Ravena Prepkiller
__________________________________________________ _
Lord, make me an instrument of your Discord. :twisted:

Perfectly_Flawed 12-21-2003 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz
ooooooo.... do tell

Very simply, I whacked my hand on the corner of two partitions as I walked past.

Was too close to the wall ... should not have been swinging my fricking arm, as you do, whilst walking.

Stupid enough for ya? :lol:

pitseleh 12-22-2003 02:15 PM

This is the first time I've accessed gothic.net from a machine other than
my own, I'm using my parents' laptop now, and I just discovered there are green squiggles in the background. The brightness is usually turned way down on my own monitor. This opens up a whole new dimension...

And the plug on the ADSL cord is broken, so I have to support it with an eraser so it won't fall out. Makes me feel a little on edge.

When I came home and saw our cat I started laughing because he's gained so much weight. Kinda felt a bit guilty about it though. He looked hurt. I love the guy, really. A bit inconvenient that he's black and white, since I constantly have to remove hairs from my clothes.

Perfectly_Flawed 12-22-2003 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitseleh
When I came home and saw our cat I started laughing because he's gained so much weight. Kinda felt a bit guilty about it though. He looked hurt. I love the guy, really. A bit inconvenient that he's black and white, since I constantly have to remove hairs from my clothes.

Like a b&w Garfield?

... in line with that, I'm actually more of a Calvin and Hobbes fan, but Garfield is damn cute. "Orange meatball with stripes".

Daz 12-23-2003 05:50 PM

here's a little randomness for ya.....

Icegoblin 12-24-2003 11:30 PM

Depressed as usual sitting here looking over this site and and had the chistmas tree fall on me from behind. What a damn mess of broken glass and water from the the tree base everywhere. I got yelled at by my father for not catching the tree while it was falling silently out of my view until the crash of the ornaments startled me. "sigh"
And never a thanks for helping to clean it up and put the tree back in its place.
But a tip of the iceberg this holiday season.
Chistmas sucks as usual.

Perfectly_Flawed 12-25-2003 02:58 AM

^^
Look on the bright side. When there's a Christmas tree, there are presents. Tomorrow will be a better day when you get to open them. :D

Just finished watching Mr. Deeds ...

"I want to tie myself naked to a chair and burn myself with Lindt (?) cigarettes"

Hehe.

Daz 12-25-2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed
^^
"I want to tie myself naked to a chair and burn myself with Lindt (?) cigarettes"

Hehe.

man you have some odd christmas traditions :twisted:

we had the tree fall sown once, my sisters dog was chasing my cat. cat went up the tree, dog (chocolate lab) went up after her, tree came down.
that was an interesting year. this year just one big cat and a toddler... tree was tied to the ceiling :twisted:

Ravena 12-26-2003 06:37 PM

Ackkk!
I had a fever 4 a couple of days that had me delirious(sp?) and hallucinating. I guess I shoulnd't complain, some people pay 4 drugs to feel like that. Had a cold on xmas, have to go to work tomorrow...
Bleh. :?

Ravena Prepkiller

__________________________________________________ ____
Lord, make me an instrument of your Discord.

pitseleh 12-26-2003 10:15 PM

Tonight I met a girl I've thought a lot about for the past year, and we kissed! Now I'm sitting here with this happy feeling I don't know what to do with.
I'm not really used to this kind of 'dream come true' situation so I'm rather confused. It's nice, though. She's prettty weird, and a bit younger than me,
but I like her a lot.
Random happiness. Gotta love it.

Perfectly_Flawed 12-27-2003 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz
man you have some odd christmas traditions :twisted:

I'm even kinkier every other day. =p

Ravena- Repeat after me: "Free hallucinations are a blessing".

Being sick sucks though.

pitseleh- That's great news! Store that happy feeling in a box and take it out when you need some cheering.

I remember when my friend, who I'd been crazy about for ages, kissed me ... we're still just friends (he is 20,000km away), but I will never forget that moment.

My piece of randomness: I saw LoTR: RoTK last night. Was ... alright. I'm guessing that the first two were better; I haven't seen them. My enjoyment of the third film could have been influenced by that.
The ending was, undisputedly torture- taking the definition of denouement to the tenth.

Daz 12-27-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitseleh
Tonight I met a girl I've thought a lot about for the past year, and we kissed! Now I'm sitting here with this happy feeling I don't know what to do with.
I'm not really used to this kind of 'dream come true' situation so I'm rather confused. It's nice, though. She's prettty weird, and a bit younger than me,
but I like her a lot.
Random happiness. Gotta love it.

you lucky bugger :)
i've liked a friend of mine for years but there is no way i'll ever tell him. i'm too worried about losing the friendship. actually i've just given up on he whole thing at this point because i think he knew and made it pretty clear it wouldnt happen, in a nice way mind you. thats alright though, leaves me open for visits from cuties from afar :twisted:
hehe i'm just kidding, keep smiling :D

right now im listening to my sister sing her son to sleep in the next room. he finally figured out who i am and ran up to me for a hug today. he's got the cutest smile and a great laugh. no doesnt mean i want any of my own, though my older brother and his wife are starting to think about it.

WolfMoon 12-27-2003 04:38 PM

randomness

Well,

what can I say?I worked this holiday season,11 hours on Christmas eve,9 the day of Christmas.It wasn't all that bad though at least on my husband's side.We had lots of fun there and got lots of presents,especially our li'l gothling!!All of her toys light up or make some kind of noise.We took some very cute pictures.

After work on Christmas we went to my Aunt's house and chowed down.I got drunk afetr learning that my little brother(he's an adult) is a fucking pedophile!!He molested my neice.

I feel completely drained,like my soul has been wrung out and twisted in a knot.I'm torn between hating my brother and wanting to protect him like I always have before.I want to kill him and bury him in a paupers grave.I want to hug him and ask him why?Why did he do this to our family?No one knows where he is.Probably on the streets,sleeping under a bridge,which part of me thinks he deserves.Another part of me hates myself for feeling that way.

And so the cycle goes.I hate my pedophilic brother,hate myself for hating him,hate myself even more for loving him and hate him once more......I feel I shall surely go mad soon.

Daz,sorry to hear about your grandmother.I hope it wasn't painful for her.

pitseleh 12-27-2003 06:08 PM

Thank you for the congratulations, but I guess it's not happening after all. Met her again tonight and tried to reach out to her, but it fell through.
Now it's back to skating on the surface of things, as if nothing ever happened. She's a fun-loving girl, would probably never be happy with a
miserable prick (by comparison) like me. Guess it's for the best.
Anyway, this thread is not about me, sorry to bother you with my dysfunctional love life. Just had to get it off my chest...

Ravena 12-28-2003 04:47 PM

Perfectly_Flawed-
Yeeeeeesssss..... "Free hallucinations are a blessing." Thank you, Gaia.

Wolfmoon-
I'm so sorry :( . I know what your neice went through, and I send hope to you and yours in this time. May I make a suggestion? I had no one to talk to after what happened to me, but let your neice know you are there for her. If she has no support, she may blame herself.

Ravena Prepkiller

__________________________________________________ ______
Lord, make me an instrument of your Discord.