Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   .: Randomness :. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22)

Ravena 12-31-2003 09:48 PM

Ohhh... I'd like to help, but I wouldn't take my own advice in the love department for the world... Ask Davena. You may have to put your foot down and tell him to stop the nonsense though.

Well, that was helpfull. I don't know, ask Mr. Mael or Takhisis- They know everything. Or Pitseleh; I believe he's the relationship advice type.

Shit, I just realized I'm a PerkyGoth... And I don't even do anything usefull around here. :D

Ravena

__________________________________________________ ___
Lord, make me an instrument of your Discord.

Daz 01-01-2004 05:17 PM

well last night i did it. got completely smashed, watched my brothers friends fall over laughed a whille hell of a lot. i really did pay for it this morning though. worst thing in the world.. i had to fly with a fucking hang over. just to torment me more, the plane was full of little kids talking and screaming. all i wanted to do when i got home was sleep but i had to call my mom first. checked my messages and found out that my ex had called. i think im gonna get my number changed. in any case my head is throbing so im gonna curl up on the couch in my pjs with a cup of hot chocolate and amarula ( if its spelt wrong its cuz im too lazy to get up and check :P ) and veg till its worth it for me to go to bed. gotta work tomorrow and then we have a party here tomorrow night. looks like there will be about 20 people in my basement, even if only half show up. if you guys can make it you're more than welcome :twisted:

Ravena 01-01-2004 05:31 PM

Shyea, I wish I could fly out to Vancouver for one of Daz's parties... Though I have a hunch that that is not really a good place for a minor, legally... :twisted:

Ravena

__________________________________________________ _____

Daz 01-01-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravena
Shyea, I wish I could fly out to Vancouver for one of Daz's parties... Though I have a hunch that that is not really a good place for a minor, legally... :twisted:

Ravena

__________________________________________________ _____

lol hun that wouldnt help you much since i dont live in Vancouver. if you check my posts in the introduce yourself and represent topics you'll find out where i am

Ravena 01-01-2004 05:51 PM

Alright, you got me... But what I said about your parties stands,eh?
:lol: Have fun :D

Ravena

__________________________________________________ _______

Daz 01-01-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

Alright, you got me... But what I said about your parties stands,eh?
:lol: Have fun :D

Ravena

__________________________________________________ _______

heh, as long as you are 18 you can do what you want here. as long as you can make it the door is open. of course if you happened to be one of the banished you will find out for real what that little dark room is all about :twisted:

damn i love having a house... parties in the winter bbqs all summer :twisted:

Korellyn 01-01-2004 06:40 PM

Hey Daz, I know where Kelowna is... I've driven through it on occasion.

---------

Yesterday a guy who swore he'd never talk to me again and told me not to ever talk to him again (for reasons that still remain fuzzy) broke the silence, out of nowhere. Not entirely sure this is a good thing. Him saying "Never talk to me again" is kinda like if my old boss were to say "Ok, you have to start showing up on time or else I'll never let you clean the grease traps ever again." One of those win-win situations. The guy in question could be a decent friend, if he could ever get over his own bloody ego and his head out of his ass. We'll see how this one turns out. Might take a while though, since I don't see him that often.

----------

My German mom (I'm a former exchange student) sent me a package for Christmas that finally showed up a couple days ago. I had to sit down and cry, I miss her so much. I've only been back since July... not really adjusted yet, and don't really want to be. Would be easier if I could forget the freedom I had in Berlin, but I'm trying desperately not to. I don't want to forget.

-K

Daz 01-01-2004 08:37 PM

I'm sitting here listening to the hypnotic beat of the drums in TOOL's "Reflection" which is slowly joined by the mind numbing bass and reminded of a conversation I was having with my brother's friend Dave last night. At some point in our drunken evening, as we were waiting for the stroke of midnight to arrive, we happened upon a phylosophical (sorry) discussion about perception. Basically it went as follows;

How do I know that what I see is what you see. For example, just because what I see is blue does not mean you see the same colour. Sure we are all taught that this certain colour is blue and we all call it blue, so when we see the sky on a clear day we can all say "That is blue". But if I could see through your eyes, would I see what I see through mine?

In actual fact the conversation was a little more involved than that but it lasted about an hour so I've summed it up for obvious reasons.
Thought you all would like a little bit of randomness from the last few minutes of my life from last year :twisted:

Ravena 01-02-2004 08:06 PM

Ummm... Little dark room? That sounds scary...(knits eyebrows and sucks thumb). :(
Yeah Daz, I've had that discussion with someone before. It was rather interesting. He was a college student in phsycology, and it was a rather stimulating talk. I never thought of colors the same way again...

Ravena

__________________________________________________ ___

nattle 01-02-2004 08:40 PM

randomness indeed

A friend is always raving about this site and how great it is, so I came to check it out. Still finding my way around everything.

In other news, well, my life is...it seems uneventful, for all that's going on. My best friend is in love with me, and some girl who thinks she's in love with him (even though she's hardly even been around him) is asking me for advice, and I've no clue what to say. Things with my boyfriend have evened out to be quite wonderful, and we've been utterly happy this week. But his roommate, also one of my best friends, is claiming to have never gotten over me either. I don't know what's wrong with these boys. Really, I'm not a fucking catch. There must be something in the water. :roll: Add to this that I got drunk as hell last week and had my first semi-sexual experience with a girl, and you can see that my life is such a fucking little mini-drama.

I need some down time, to just chill and not worry about how complex everything is right now. But the good news is, I'm getting it tonight. Just hanging out alone at my apt.

Perfectly_Flawed 01-03-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

[color=#0000ff]Ohhh... I'd like to help, but I wouldn't take my own advice in the love department for the world... Ask Davena. You may have to put your foot down and tell him to stop the nonsense though.

Well, that was helpfull. I don't know, ask Mr. Mael or Takhisis- They know everything. Or Pitseleh; I believe he's the relationship advice type.[/colour]

Hehe ... Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll go out of my way to ask though; if they want to drop a few words in here then they can. I'm not sure about approaching them... :lol:

Quote:

Shit, I just realized I'm a PerkyGoth... And I don't even do anything usefull around here. :D

I know! I'm goth as fuck and I so haven't earned it.

Daz - thanks for extending the invite to us. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korellyn
My German mom (I'm a former exchange student) sent me a package for Christmas that finally showed up a couple days ago. I had to sit down and cry, I miss her so much. I've only been back since July... not really adjusted yet, and don't really want to be. Would be easier if I could forget the freedom I had in Berlin, but I'm trying desperately not to. I don't want to forget.

Gosh, I really feel for you ... I know how you feel, but I'm in the opposite position to you.

I was friends with exchange students in my last two years of high school (last year and the year before). They were the best friends I ever had ... I still keep in touch with a few of them. One in particular - we're as close as we've ever been. But I still miss not having them all here … they definitely made my last year the most memorable.

I wanted to go on exchange this year, and spent a couple of months organizing it all in 2003; interviews, forms, Internet, phone calls … nothing became of it. Mainly because the departure date was early January and I already have travel plans which can’t be changed, in late January. The departure date couldn’t be delayed, I intended on going to the US and the high schools have strict regulations …

I would’ve gone later this year, but I have to have been in school for the semester before I leave. So now I’m no longer eligible for the student visa, to go on HS exchange … which is a major bummer. I really wanted to experience high school life in the US. I grew up on Sweet Valley books, y’know? Hehe.

One of the exchanges were German. She taught me how to say a few things … count from zero to ten, “I love you”, and also some curses. Schise and Fich (spelling). Good fun. I still curse in German. :D

And don't ever forget about your experience. Look on the bright side, you still have freedom now. You can move there later on, if you want to. All the best to ya ... and *hugs*

black_fairy 01-03-2004 08:34 AM

it's saturday afternoon. here in spain, it's 17.18. now i'm talking with my friends by msn... we have to buy presents for our familly, so we want to meet at 6 o'clock.
i'm listening to Marilyn Manson at the moment.........
i'm bored.... i have to do my homework cause the next week i begin the classes... :( but i'm veeeryyyy tired............. this morning i woke up early to go to dancing (i dance in a academy...). we start at 11.30, so i have to wake up at 10.30 cause the academy isn't close to my house. and yesterday i go to sleep at 2.00....... and now i'm sleepy (i need to sleep a lot of hours, if i don't, i'm not me!)
in 12 days......... will be my birthay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be 16!!!!!!!! (i'm very young..!! :oops: )
well, i don't know what to say.....

(sorry for my disastrous english!!!!!)

Davena 01-03-2004 05:47 PM

black_fairy[/quote]sorry for my disastrous english!!!!!

your english is fine, and if it's not your first language, i complement you. it's even better than some people who have been speaking it their entire life. i'm just learning spanish myself, but i'm only in spanish one, so i can't quite carry on a conversation, yet. but i'm getting there.

Ravena- your love advice isn't that bad. it can't be if Jessica is your model. she's been through everything so you and i should be experts by now. :D

SEABISCUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a random thought from your truely.

i am currently sitting here listening to my father yell at the t.v. he's watching the cowboys/panthers game and is getting very angry. why i do not know. it's just a stupid game!! nothing to get worked up about.

anyways, my life sucks right now. i have homwork in the only subject that i never have homework in - band.our new band director has thought it neccessary to give us homework over the christmas break. we have to tape-record ourselves playing this hard ass music that we will be playing as a band at festival. it is saturday night and we have to go back to school monday, and i still have not practiced, so i can't even play it. what's worse is i don't even have a tape recorder. and i don't know anyone who does. so i'm screwed. royally. i am the worst procrastinator and i think that she will use the tapes to do chair placements. fuck! it also doesn't help that i have been terribly sick this entire vacation and i still can't stop coughing. oh well. guess i'll have to confront the bitch about it on monday.

that is my random and stressful life. any questions?

Davena

Davena 01-03-2004 05:51 PM

oh, and congrats Ravena on becoming a PerkyGoth!!!! i'm right behind you!!! :wink:

Davena 01-03-2004 05:53 PM

oh, and congrats Ravena on becoming a PerkyGoth!!!! i'm right behind you! :wink: (i hope)

Davena

Davena 01-03-2004 06:20 PM

shit! dallas is losing!!! :evil:

Davena

WolfMoon 01-03-2004 07:00 PM

random

Quote:

Wolfmoon-
I'm so sorry :( . I know what your neice went through, and I send hope to you and yours in this time. May I make a suggestion? I had no one to talk to after what happened to me, but let your neice know you are there for her. If she has no support, she may blame herself.

Thanx

It has been hard for me to find out about,not to mention how horrible it is for my neice.At least my sister didn't assume she was lying.Like so many people do when a child tries to reach out.

My cousin told me her father was molesting her when we were kids.And no matter how I tried I couldn't make the adults in our family believe that I was telling the truth!It was frustrating knowing what was going on and not being able to get the very people that should have been listening to do just that.I won't let my neice go through that!Shit,I even heard one of my aunts say,"........little kids just say things sometimes....." But I quickly barked at her that they do not!!

If anyone reading this ever has a child in their family tell them they are being molested please,please,please dont ever assume they're lying.Children don't make that stuff up!!

Tell someone,do something

(sorry,I know this seems like one of those Sally Struthers commercials or please-feed-the-children type of things.Once again,we apologize for the seriousness of this broadcast)

Priest 01-03-2004 07:01 PM

Ramblings

It's unseasonably warm for this time of year.(even for Texas)
The margarita is really good.
I hate football and I'll be glad when the season is over
I think George w. is a Führer in training.
I wish my son didn't have to go back to his mom's house in a few days.
I wish stupidity was a captial offense
I think low rise jeans are a virus.
I think low rise jeans on fat people should also be a capital offense
I need another tattoo...13 just isn't enough
I'll be glad when my second books FINALLY comes out
All of these dark thoughts don't scare me...I enjoy them
:twisted:
:evil:
I'm not evil OR twisted...I'm both..and I love every minute of it

WolfMoon 01-03-2004 07:10 PM

randomness

On a lighter note

For the past month(or so) I have had a blossoming fascination(obsession)
with Peter Steele.This,understandably,disturbs my huband because I usually don't find other men attractive enough to do more than go,"M'eh" at.

Although he is a nice one to gawk at (now where is that issue of playgirl he posed in?)It perplexes me in a pleasant way?

there's yer randomness

WolfMoon 01-03-2004 07:13 PM

ran

Hey Congratulations on getting your second book published Priest!!

How cool!!I wish I was talented!!(no sarcasm intended)

Daz 01-03-2004 11:15 PM

so it's -23 C outside tonight, -33C if you factor in the wind chill and still i am going to head outside for a smoke. actually i dont smoke but i'm going to have one anyways. with all the shit that has been happening since I returned home I have desided I need one. Party last night was a blast until my friend missed a call from a girl he really likes that he was supposed to pick up. he got all depressed and then started drinking. four or five people ended upstairs drawing on the white board in the kitchen, which in itself wasnt so bad, until they started drawing on my roomate's knife set. this pissed off my roomate to no end and he bitched out my friends. remember he was wasted too so he went a little too far. this, of course split the party into two waring factions with me stuck in the middle. I ended up herding a bunch of people up into my office to calm them down while my roomate fumed. eventually i kicked everyone out around 3am cuz i didnt want the fists to start flying. was up till 4 putting the room back together and cleaning up all the bottles. got to work late this morning and had to work with a rather upset little cat. to top it all off my ex-boyfriend is calling me again. he's actually on the verge of classifying as a stalker and he's the one who offically ended it with me.
anyways i'm gonna go get my big boots and my wool coat and anything else warm i can find and go out for a smoke cuz it's not like i can make this year all that much fucking worse at this point.

Perfectly_Flawed 01-04-2004 08:02 AM

OK, this sucks shit. I'm up at midnight, doing paperwork... an 'Internal Audit plan' for my dad. I barely know what it is. Anyway, I decided to work on it now, where I can be in a pleasant environment and listen to music while doing it. I mean, I'm using this time to do this. He (dad) should be happy. But noooo, I have to go to bed and do it tomorrow. "Get used to not being able to work with music." Phhht. Some gratitude.

Fuck it. I'm going to burn this music onto a CD and bring it to the office tomorrow.

secretboy 01-04-2004 08:04 AM

Jeez, Daz. My condolences on your party. At least fists didn't fly.

I went to a party last night while my girlfriend went to some big formal ball. Her and her friends looked pretty amazing, but I had nothing formal so I didn't go.

The party I went to was small - lots of Soul Calibur, chinese food, beer. We watched Happy Tree Friends - EVERY EPISODE - and at the end I was both more traumatized than I had been in a long time, and laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. And I'm still expecting to get my eyeball randomly impaled.

Also watched some of Massive Attack's videos...man, some of them are pretty creepy.

black_fairy 01-04-2004 11:25 AM

Thank you Davena!!!!! the truth is that i do what i can..... but sometimes my english is really painless...... :? when you know more about spanish, say to me and we will talk, ok? ((i'm happy cause someone knows spanish!!!! :D ))

Ravena 01-04-2004 05:30 PM

Well, I don't come on for one day and all this happens.
WolfMoon, I hope your relative is ok. No one believed me at first either...
As for Davena,Hah! You and you family have footballitus. I'm with Preist on this one. And what do you really do with that flute (heh heh) if you are not playing it? I havn't seen you play it in a long time... Thanx for the congrats, sis.
Anyways, anyone hear of Collective Soul? Well, they were playing downtown the other day and we got to meet the band that was opening for them. There is this Subway worker downtown that deals weed, and, well... She was just really funny. She's a 'happy Goth', so she says.
I gave my boss my two week's notice yesterday. I'll be working downtown now, which kicks ass... All sorts of cool shops down there.
Anyways, see you guys...

Ravena

__________________________________________________ ______
Lord make me an instrument of your Discord.