Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Literature (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Everlasting Story (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=2721)

bjork_freak 05-14-2006 04:18 PM

The Everlasting Story

We did this in English a few weeks ago and I thought it might be fun to see where it leads on Gnet.

Ok, here it goes…

First, I’ll start out a story with a few sentences. Then the next person continues the story however twisted, blissful, gory, humorous, or glum they want it. There are no limits to how much you write. Feel free to lapse into a whole new story. Let's see how far this gets.

It was a cold night in December. The rain was falling hard and the twins were getting restless. Their mother had just left for London to stay with a friend for a few weeks and hired an elderly woman to watch them. To calm the children down, the babysitter sent the twins to the playroom. After the girls were settled, she laid down and began to doze off. No longer than five minutes passed and the twins made a shrill scream. The babysitter jumped up from the ottoman and ran into the playroom to find the twins staring out the window into the cold and caliginous street. “What is it?!” she questioned...

Crom Crauch 05-14-2006 04:31 PM

One of the twins looked up at her and said "It is the Master, He Who Comes With the Dawn" as the shadow, glowing slightly with an aethereal light began to advance on the house. The twins stood with an awful synchronosity and began to stalk towards the baby-sitter, who backed away, stammering "Wh- what's going on?" as she was slowly backed into the corner. As the twins closed in on her, the window burst inwards and Something filled the room...

spookypurple 05-14-2006 04:37 PM

...The two children turned to face the girl, who stood full of trepidation as she stared into two pairs of saucer-like eyes. The children alternately gaped at the now blank space outside and mouthed silent nonsenses at her.
"What is it?" she repeated, the anxiety swelling in her voice as she became increasingly unsettled by the twins demeanour. A hundred exploding thoughts raced through her brain, but still she waited for some kind of response. Her head felt on fire with approaching fear as the twins began to give sound to their jumbled mouthings....

Godslayer Jillian 05-14-2006 08:35 PM

Crom's and Purple's stories overlap, I think, so I'll paste Crom's part of the stroy over here, because it still makes sense chronologically:

One of the twins looked up at her and said "It is the Master, He Who Comes With the Dawn" as the shadow, glowing slightly with an aethereal light began to advance on the house. The twins stood with an awful synchronosity and began to stalk towards the baby-sitter, who backed away, stammering "Wh- what's going on?" as she was slowly backed into the corner. As the twins closed in on her, the window burst inwards and Something filled the room...

bjork_freak 05-14-2006 10:12 PM

...Butterflies. Millions of black butterflies filled the room. The flapping was so incredibly loud that the walls shook and the paint cracked. The babysitter watched in terror as the twins’ eyes rolled back into their heads to reveal pentagrams burned into the whites of their eyes. The twins began to levitate off the ground and chant quietly under their breath. Then, the master slowly creeped in through the window...

WolfMoon 05-15-2006 09:29 AM

...and realized this story was in the wrong forum. So she quickly re-directed it before gracefully bowing back out to get her...

Crom Crauch 05-15-2006 06:13 PM

... Pants, which she slowly and gracefully put on, before turning to the baby-sitter and asking, in a voice that seemed to ignore the little niceties like air and soundwaves to ask "Do you know where I might be able to find some fish?"