Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Home schooled Goths (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16661)

Fyrliin 10-24-2009 03:13 PM

Home schooled Goths

Yeah, I am one... it sucks, not to mention I am in a tiny little town, where I am the only goth, and the others are rednecks, and my mom forces me too do it...but anyway...Are there any of my Fellow Home schooled goths here>

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 03:21 PM

No, you're all alone in this world. An outcast, an undesirable... one who is forever ostracized from society.

Fyrliin 10-24-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-nihilist (Post 574643)
No, you're all alone in this world. An outcast, an undesirable... one who is forever ostracized from society.

I know, ohh whoa me...forever alone...

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 03:27 PM

I wish I could help you, oh forlorn untouchable pariah, but alas you are too far gone. Perhaps your next life will be merciful. Then again, there's the possibility of eternal recurrence, which would mean there's no escape from this misery. Even if you killed yourself, you'd just start all over again. Maybe this is what it means to go to hell.

Ophelia's Snorkel 10-24-2009 07:03 PM

Your mother is just too embarrassed to send you into public school.

Not to cheer you up or anything undesirable like that, but this could be the perfect opportunity for you to set the course of your own education. Classics, banned books, evolution - the world is yours, kid.

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 07:26 PM

I was home schooled my whole life. At the time I had many, many moments where I absolutely hated it. All my friends went to at least private school and seemed to have much more exciting lives, as I was a boring recluse who did nothing but read and write all the time. But now that I look back on it I'm SO GLAD that I didn't have so many distractions...I was able to focus on everything 100%. It also helped a lot when I started taking duel credit classes in college when I was 17...which is probably something you might want to look into. If you're 16 or older, and are a home schooled high schooler, then you might be eligible to get college credits, that also count as high school credits at a community college. You are only allowed to take two classes per semester but it gives you the opportunity to get, your general required classes out of the way so that once you graduate high school, you have already completed English 1306, History 1 and 2 etc etc... It will also give you the opportunity to socialize with more mature people. (just don't get romantically involved with anyone that's too much older than you)

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 07:46 PM

"What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!" Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?"

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 07:49 PM

^? Reason for that was???

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 07:50 PM

Eternal Reccurence, yo

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 07:51 PM

... go buy me a soda.

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 07:55 PM

I'm just saying, if your life is perpetual misery then the concept of Eternal Recurrence is a fate worse than Dante's Inferno.

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 08:03 PM

True...now go buy me a soda.

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 08:04 PM

Ok, just drive over here to Mississippi to get it.

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 08:07 PM

I suppose....mississippi is pretty nice...it's just really boring over there....

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 08:08 PM

People come here to die.

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 08:09 PM

I'll go there then, whenever I find out I have cancer or something... then you have to come visit me and buy me whatever I want.

the-nihilist 10-24-2009 08:12 PM

As long as the brand name is "Great Value" or "Sam's Choice"

vindicatedxjin 10-24-2009 08:13 PM

.......................but wal-mart is horrible! D:

KissMeDeadly 10-25-2009 06:06 PM

I am in almost the exact situation.

I get my work from Continental Acadamy, and I've been putting off this month's work for ever, I'm glad there are no due dates 'cause I'd be fucked. I actually got it in August.

Also, sup everybody? Yeah. I'm gonna introduce myself in your thread. Hope you don't mind.

vindicatedxjin 10-25-2009 06:11 PM

Howdy doo...is continental academy religious based?

KissMeDeadly 10-25-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin (Post 574983)
Howdy doo...is continental academy religious based?

Nope, it's for what they call 'troubled youths'

basically I was a dick to my teacher in like 8th grade, and so for higschool I got setup with this. It's actually pretty cool. I've only got a few more month's work until I graduate.

vindicatedxjin 10-25-2009 06:14 PM

Is it the kind of curriculum where you have to send the work to them?

KissMeDeadly 10-25-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin (Post 574986)
Is it the kind of curriculum where you have to send the work to them?

Yus. Every month I get a packet of work, I do everything (99 percent being standardized 'test' type thing, multiple choice, usually anything besides math has an essay type thing), send it back, and then they send me another. There are no due dates and I can work as fast or as slow as I want. Like I said, I've put off this months work for almost two months. Actually I think I'll get started on that now.

DRM 10-25-2009 06:30 PM

Eh, I did homeschooling in the 3rd grade and then again half of 7th.
I hated it.

Jagang 10-29-2009 07:19 AM

I was homeschooled for five years. In retrospect I'm glad for it although at the time I'd have stabbed someone to get into regular school. I was free to develop my mind free of all the mainstream society's bullshit and learn at my own pace, and when I got back into public school I was two years ahead and didn't give a damn about any of the petty little shit that drives most people crazy in high school.