Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Azareal Crow, How you guys doin? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=23124)

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 12:45 PM

Azareal Crow, How you guys doin?

I know this is unoriginal but I'm Just gonna answer the questions

1. What do you do?
At the moment I am unemployed but I have been trying to get my own business started selling clothes and costumes mainly for size 10 and up Goths, ******s and Cosplayers

2. Where are you from?
I was born and live in NYC

3. Who is your favorite author?
Edgar Allen Poe (poetry mostly)
Christine Feehan
Sherrylyn Kenynon

4. What are your favorite films?
Edward Scissorhands
The Crow
Earth Girls are Easy
Tarzan

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Hell if I know, I'm not even thinking about marriage yet (I've suffered too much heartbreak)

6. At your funeral?
Something upbeat that people can dance to

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
So.... that doesn't mean I'm always thinking about death. I wanna live forever.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don't really have one, but I love love love, long sweeping skirts and corsets

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No bills, when my biggest concern was the next time I was gonna be able to go to HT (thank god I grew out of that)

11. What's your favorite band?
Creed hands down, I find them very inspirational
Coheed and Cambria for when I'm feeling emotional

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
College graduate with a BA in English a creative writing focus and a minor in studio art.

13. Why did you join?
I'm looking to meet some new people, make some friends and most importantly learn.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I am one curvaceous female

OnyxBat 08-04-2010 01:02 PM

Hi! Welcome to Gnet.

Kione 08-04-2010 01:15 PM

Hey.

Maybe it's just me, but what is "******s"?
It was part of your answer for #1 and I'm not sure what that could be.

Ráskógr 08-04-2010 01:19 PM

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kione (Post 630421)
Hey.

Maybe it's just me, but what is "******s"?
It was part of your answer for #1 and I'm not sure what that could be.

l.o.l.i.t.a The board censors it.

Alan 08-04-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azareal Crow (Post 630415)
3. Who is your favorite author?
Edgar Allen Poe

Is he really?

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 630452)
Is he really?

Teh lolz :) It would seem that only, what? two of ten manage it?

allyssa 08-04-2010 03:20 PM

why do they censor l*****a?

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 03:24 PM

I believe it would be to keep pedobear away. They don't want gnet coming up on creepy google searches.

Kione 08-04-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630447)
l.o.l.i.t.a The board censors it.

Oh. Thank you.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 630452)
Is he really?

He is, I fell in love with The Raven way back in like JHS. I love what it represents, for me anyway. I'm also quite fond of his short stories like The Orangutan.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630461)
Teh lolz :) It would seem that only, what? two of ten manage it?

Ok, I have to ask only two of ten manage what?

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 06:09 PM

To spell Poe's middle name correctly. One would assume that if he was one of your favorite authors you would know it's Allan, not Allen.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630496)
To spell Poe's middle name correctly. One would assume that if he was one of your favorite authors you would know it's Allan, not Allen.

I'm sorry. people make mistakes, I probably didn't even spell the other two authors names right either, that happens when you spell names. I haven't read his name in a little while, Oh well. It's not like it changes who I'm talking about.

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 06:43 PM

No, it doesn't change who you're talking about, and beyond making the above jokes, I don't care :) It happens so often here that most people can't help but comment. Though I will say that I'm somewhat vexed that you chose the Raven.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630504)
No, it doesn't change who you're talking about, and beyond making the above jokes, I don't care :) It happens so often here that most people can't help but comment. Though I will say that I'm somewhat vexed that you chose the Raven.

why? too cliched? I was young and it spoke to me. I wrote a response to it and had it performed at an acting program, sadly I lost both the response and the video of the performance.

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 06:54 PM

Yeah, cliché, not to mention the hordes of "OMG teh Rahven is so DARK! Fuck Imma so GAWF!" kids that look at you like you're some form of oddity if you ask what they thought about The Sleeper, the Conquerer Worm, or the City in the Sea, etc. Not to say that the Raven is without merit, just a little worn out.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630511)
Yeah, cliché, not to mention the hordes of "OMG teh Rahven is so DARK! Fuck Imma so GAWF!" kids that look at you like you're some form of oddity if you ask what they thought about The Sleeper, the Conquerer Worm, or the City in the Sea, etc. Not to say that the Raven is without merit, just a little worn out.

Luckily for me where I live most of the population is uneducated and wouldn't understand anything more poetic than rap. So i really haven't run into that problem.
Although I would have to agree with you on that point, it would seem the things that originally got me into the Gothic subculture and lifestyle have become cliched and worn out.
But I still love them.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 07:07 PM

BTW your impression of the hordes of GAWF kids it makes me giggle

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 07:16 PM

Oh well, what can you do. It probably helps that a lot of high schools (up here at least) seem to require some study of the Raven, so I'm sure that it has been many a kid's first introduction into the darker...realms, works, whatever.

Heheh, I used to be one of those gawf kids, though thankfully not anymore. Not even goth these days, I got kidnapped by the raw intensity and awesome people of punk rock :D

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630515)
Oh well, what can you do. It probably helps that a lot of high schools (up here at least) seem to require some study of the Raven, so I'm sure that it has been many a kid's first introduction into the darker...realms, works, whatever.

Heheh, I used to be one of those gawf kids, though thankfully not anymore. Not even goth these days, I got kidnapped by the raw intensity and awesome people of punk rock :D

Yeah they got my friends too. Them the cybergoths and steampunks, with their awesomeness and bright colors, bah *laugh*

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 07:28 PM

Now now, let's not be so hasty, whats this...colour you speak of? Actually, that's a lie, I wear camo, but other than, s'all black, I promise officer!

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630521)
Now now, let's not be so hasty, whats this...colour you speak of? Actually, that's a lie, I wear camo, but other than, s'all black, I promise officer!

Colors are cool, every now and again I love to throw some seizure inducing colors together (is fighting the urge to add "and dance in front of Asian children") it all depends on my mood. it's either all black or random neon colors, there is no middle ground.

BTW how do you get a signature???

Breathless Horror 08-04-2010 07:36 PM

Toolbar above the thread. Hit "User CP" then click "edit signature". I dunno if there's a post requirement for a sig, pretty sure there's a bar for private messeges at least.

Azareal Crow 08-04-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror (Post 630524)
Toolbar above the thread. Hit "User CP" then click "edit signature". I dunno if there's a post requirement for a sig, pretty sure there's a bar for private messeges at least.

oh, ok, thank you.