Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   G strings (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=12242)

Unimatrix 00 09-07-2008 03:11 PM

G strings

I know they're commonly associated with sluttyness, but I wear them, and I think they look fantastic! I have several G-strings, and I usually wear them with a boob tube and skinny jeans, with the g strings pulled up. I have a particularly nice one with rhinestones.

Does anyone else here like them?

Underwater Ophelia 09-07-2008 03:22 PM

I like a comfortable thong or g-string, but I would never intentionally pull the strings up above the waist of the pants. That, in my opinion, is pretty trashy.

Saya 09-07-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I like a comfortable thong or g-string, but I would never intentionally pull the strings up above the waist of the pants. That, in my opinion, is pretty trashy.

Ditto, it really bugs me when I see people with that.....I'm never sure if its intentional or if I should say "hey....you know your underwear is showing, right?" Once while counselling at camp we had a problem with kids doing that o.O

Otherwise I like my thongs, but I hardly wear them since i own only two pairs of pants, I'm just always afraid my skirt might billow in the wind.

honeythorn 09-07-2008 03:50 PM

No I think they're horrible. I tried wearing them when I was much younger, but at my size they are so uncomfortable and get caught in the fat ect. Not nice.

The Antichrist 09-07-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
I know they're commonly associated with sluttyness, but I wear them, and I think they look fantastic! I have several G-strings, and I usually wear them with a boob tube and skinny jeans, with the g strings pulled up. I have a particularly nice one with rhinestones.

Does anyone else here like them?

I have always wondered why do females were thongs.Not that I'm complaning just wonder why cause they look they they would bug the hell out of ya.

meezerosity 09-07-2008 05:56 PM

They bug the hell out of me, but I guess whatever as long as you're comfortable in it. I'm not that fat, but on the bigger end of average junior clothing sizes so that might have something to do with it.

Duane 09-07-2008 06:24 PM

The Duane saw this one chick who was wearing a red thong, with black lining. I know she was wearing it, because I just happened to walk into "my" store, just when said women was picking up her cell phone. I'm not bragging... just... saying.

Cicero 09-07-2008 06:29 PM

Hate them.

They're uncomfortable as hell. The one time I ever wore one was in middle school trying to be 'cool' and all day all I wanted to do was pick that unpickable wedgie. Horrible, horrible things.

They really aren't attractive either.

TheBloodEternity 09-07-2008 06:54 PM

If I wear my thongs with a pair of tight pants, they're actually much, much more comfortable than a pair of panties, though in a skirt or loose pants they bug the hell out of me.

I always thought pulling them up like that looked pretty trashy, sorry.

PortraitOfSanity 09-07-2008 07:16 PM

As a guy, I can say I find that G-strings look ridiculous. Seriously, I don't want to see a thin strip of cloth digging into your ass. Plus, most girls who wear g-strings are whores.

Thongs can look good, as long as they're not worn how Uni said she wears them: pulled up coming out of the pants. That just makes you look trashy.

Cicero 09-07-2008 07:22 PM

Is there a difference between thongs and G-strings? Aside from one being worn on your feet in many parts of the world.

TheBloodEternity 09-07-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero
Is there a difference between thongs and G-strings? Aside from one being worn on your feet in many parts of the world.

Either there is no difference, or thongs just have a small strip of fabric, while a g-string is made of cords/strings.

viscus 09-07-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Plus, most girls who wear g-strings are whores.

That's uh...pretty blithe generalization. But personally, I really don't care for either type.

Underwater Ophelia 09-07-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero

They're used pretty synonymously now, but:
Thong.
G-string.

unmeidestiny 09-07-2008 08:19 PM

I'm not really of fan of thongs nor g-strings. Then again, that might be because I end up with yeast infections everytime I've worn them. I don't think I've ever seen girls with their strings hiked up around their waist, but then again, I don't hang out with the sorority girls on campus.

Joker_in_the_Pack 09-07-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
I have several G-strings, and I usually wear them with a boob tube with the g strings pulled up. I have a particularly nice one with rhinestones.

A) What you describe makes you sound like trailer trash

B) G-Strings look bad on just about everyone.

PortraitOfSanity 09-07-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
They're used pretty synonymously now, but:
Thong.
G-string.

Yea, these are the differences I was thinking as well.

PortraitOfSanity 09-07-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
A) What you describe makes you sound like trailer trash

B) G-Strings look bad on just about everyone.

Doesn't everything she's ever said in this forum make her sound like trailer trash?

Just sayin....

Joker_in_the_Pack 09-07-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Doesn't everything she's ever said in this forum make her sound like trailer trash?

Just sayin....

No, that stuff makes her sound like a psychotic whore. This isn't a bash uni thread though, we have several of those. I was commenting on an outfit she described where she asked for opinions.

Disaffected Shoelaces 09-08-2008 03:44 AM

G-strings are unhygienic. Know how your PE teacher always told you wipe front to back? Well, she didn't mean all day long.

Underwater Ophelia 09-08-2008 08:03 AM

First of all, taking unprovoked shots at Uni like you two just did shows that you want trolls around, or that you have nothing interesting or intelligent to say so you go "OH YEAH REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL HATED THAT GIRL I HATE HER TOO."

Second, g-strings are only unhygienic if you wear them for a prolonged period of time, if they don't fit right, if you don't wipe yourself properly, or you don't bathe often enough.

If you bathe every day, keep yourself very clean, and have a well fitting piece of clothing, there no less hygienic than a thong or other types of underwear.

MitsyMayhem 09-08-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Plus, most girls who wear g-strings are whores.

You've met all the females in the world that wear g-strings?

Underwater Ophelia 09-08-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
You've met all the females in the world that wear g-strings?

He said "most girls."

He's wrong, but he doesn't know how common it is to wear a g-string.
Knowing that, let's move on.

Geoluhread 09-08-2008 09:02 AM

The hell with g-string
Hello boxers!!

Underwater Ophelia 09-08-2008 09:22 AM

Yeah, I've got some boxers on right now.