Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   That One Thread About Nothing (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14754)

Godslayer Jillian 03-16-2009 03:09 PM

That One Thread About Nothing

So I still haven't bought my plants to start the garden. Then again it's already spring break so it will be a perfect time to start it. No excuses to be lazy.

What's going on with your lives?

Underwater Ophelia 03-16-2009 03:20 PM

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

HumanePain 03-16-2009 04:14 PM

What's new is bad. My charity committee has died: the three remaining members (other than myself, the 4th) have quit including the chair of the committee, so I have until April 1st to recruit 3 new members and appoint myself as new chairperson, or the surrounding charities lose our branch of the foundation and lose ten grand a year in donations. One retired and two are too busy with their jobs to devote the needed time to our fund raising activities. Sucks that the poor will suffer because of it.

Pyre 03-16-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 519120)
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Guh. My Youth Subcultures class used that movie as an example of a subculture (breakdancing, obviously) early in the semester. My professor really enjoys saying the name of it.

Renatus 03-16-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain (Post 519138)
What's new is bad. My charity committee has died: the three remaining members (other than myself, the 4th) have quit including the chair of the committee, so I have until April 1st to recruit 3 new members and appoint myself as new chairperson, or the surrounding charities lose our branch of the foundation and lose ten grand a year in donations. One retired and two are too busy with their jobs to devote the needed time to our fund raising activities. Sucks that the poor will suffer because of it.

What do the committee members have to do anyways? Also is it a requirement that you have to live in the same state as the foundation?

Becca_Lugosi 03-16-2009 06:50 PM

I murdered most of my Sims today just to add more gravestones to my awesome goffik abode.

Yeah...

~B.L.

Corpsey 03-16-2009 07:06 PM

Moved to a new house, got a decent flat for fuck all and I'm trying out new methods/foods to cook with.

When are you going to New York, Jillian?

Saya 03-16-2009 07:21 PM

I drank pepsi today at work for the first time in forever and now my stomach is so bloated it hurts. My own fault I guess.

On the other hand, I made toutons! Yay!

Underwater Ophelia 03-16-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyre (Post 519188)
Guh. My Youth Subcultures class used that movie as an example of a subculture (breakdancing, obviously) early in the semester. My professor really enjoys saying the name of it.

Hahaha so do I.
I've been saying it constantly.

Delkaetre 03-16-2009 07:45 PM

Geh. It's Paddy's Day now.
I shall be conspicuous in my avoidance of anyone who even looks at me in a false Irish accent at work, and shall head straight home afterwards for a sensible dinner and a night in.
I am not getting into all that Shamrock bullshit.
It would be far, far too easy for a red haired, green eyed, Irish-passport-wielding lass like myself to get far, far too many free drinks from the over enthusiastic English.
And the bloody accent everyone puts on....
ah well. 2.36am. Sleep time. G'night, G'net.

Corpsey 03-16-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Geh. It's Paddy's Day now.
I shall be conspicuous in my avoidance of anyone who even looks at me in a false Irish accent at work, and shall head straight home afterwards for a sensible dinner and a night in.
I am not getting into all that Shamrock bullshit.
It would be far, far too easy for a red haired, green eyed, Irish-passport-wielding lass like myself to get far, far too many free drinks from the over enthusiastic English.
And the bloody accent everyone puts on....
ah well. 2.36am. Sleep time. G'night, G'net.

Ironic, I just set up a flat account with my friend who doesnt happen to have any Irish ancestry and he was ridiculously drunk sheerly because he had a 'reason' to get shitfaced.

Who gives a fuck if it's Paddy's day. If you need to organise something, don't get ludicrously wasted and then wear out everyone else's patience when you can't understand a damn thing we are saying.

G'nite to you.

emeraldlonewoulf 03-17-2009 07:48 AM

life is good. Just recently got dependable internet access back ( YAY!!), hence my renewed ability to lurk in the forums. Trying out a combination of square foot and container gardening this year, just planted broccoli, spinach,lettuce, etc. Gonna try the whole growing tomatoes upside down thing too. Still driving taxi.

Hello all.

CrimsonPythonidae 03-17-2009 08:00 AM

*sigh* I am worried I'm going to lose my job because I'm a f#*kwit lately. But things could always be a lot worse so I can't be too stressed out about it. At least I have a job and the option to stop being a dickhead which is a lot more than blah blah blah the usual . . I'm actually kind of tired.
Nu'night

Underwater Ophelia 03-17-2009 08:26 AM

Putting off cleaning my room in preparation for a lady companion.

Necrophagist 03-17-2009 11:16 AM

I made a new song.

Underwater Ophelia 03-17-2009 11:36 AM

Completely cleaned my room, and she isn't coming.
Women blow.

Duane 03-17-2009 11:46 AM

I'm working on a cover of Hey Sandy, the adventures of Pete and Pete opening song.

Delkaetre 03-17-2009 04:35 PM

I ended up out at the pub.
I think I now have a switch female to enjoy and take to clubs, and a submissive male to play with in general.
And no one tried to put the Shamrock/ Guinness comedy hat on me again after I took the damn thing and hid it.

Aww, poor Ophelia! C'mon over to England, we'll entertain you. We promise not to back out and leave your charms to waste.

Godslayer Jillian 03-17-2009 05:56 PM

Tell me if you guys think this is ok.
I asked for an application at Cinnabon. I've applied to many places and I'm desperate for a job.
So to get a small edge above the rest, besides my application, I'm gonna give them a note saying and if my application does not convince you that I would love working here, maybe the Furious Little Cinnamon Roll will
And then I draw the Furious Little Cinnamon saying "HE REALLY LOVES ME"

Could they consider me because it's cute?

Mystery 03-17-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 519611)
I asked for an application at Cinnabon. I've applied to many places and I'm desperate for a job.
So to get a small edge above the rest, besides my application, I'm gonna give them a note saying and if my application does not convince you that I would love working here, maybe the Furious Little Cinnamon Roll will

they might think your being rude/sarcastic.
but its worth a shot right?

LaBelleDameSansMerci 03-17-2009 07:22 PM

I'm really tired, and should be summarizing notes in preparation for a slide test that I have tomorrow, but I really can't concentrate.

$haDe 03-18-2009 08:21 AM

I did it with 15-years old boy.

Wait... ,he did me.

Solumina 03-18-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 519496)
Completely cleaned my room, and she isn't coming.
Women blow.

You seem to have a bit of a knack for finding flaky women. I promise if I ever get the chance to visit your room then I wouldn't think of standing you up.

Quote:

That's fucking adorable, I really hope you get the job

Underwater Ophelia 03-18-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

I don't mean to be an asshole, but I know for a fact that where I work (which is Pacsun, so a similar sort of business), we'd laugh at it, but then put it in the pile of applications we'd never consider.

You're better off going in and chatting up a manager (provided they aren't really busy), and then saying, almost as an afterthought, that you have an application to hand in. Be polite, but stupid-cheery, and definitely talkative about DUMB shit. Like clothes or other desserts you like. I know it's ridiculous, but the service business wants to hire people who people want to buy from. People want to buy from cheery morons.

Sir Canvas Corpsey 03-18-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $haDe (Post 519768)
I did it with 15-years old boy.

Wait... ,he did me.

You go gir-...guy!