Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Spooky News (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Jet Pack is real! Only $136,000 US (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=24007)

HumanePain 02-04-2011 11:27 AM

The Jet Pack is real! Only $136,000 US

http://www.jetlev-flyer.com/en/65482-Jetlev-Flyer/

This is so awesome.

I forget if it was Des or Kontan that said "This is the 21st Century! Where's my jet pack?"

vindicatedxjin 02-04-2011 11:31 AM

Sorry Mr. Sir. But I posted this already :P

HumanePain 02-04-2011 12:15 PM

Oh snap.

10 chars

CptSternn 02-07-2011 01:04 AM

Tis why people should put better descriptions in the post title. The news forum is no place to be creative sure.

Renatus 02-07-2011 04:29 AM

Idk I think HP is just trying to distract people from the Packers beating the Steelers despite his prediction of the contrary.

HumanePain 02-07-2011 03:51 PM

Although I was rooting for Pittsburgh I actually kind of thought the Steelers would lose, because they didn't win previous games as much as the other teams lost, that is how they got that far. That is what happened in the super bowl too but in reverse: the Steelers had 3 turnovers and gave the game away.
(sigh). Now comes the long dark winter of no football until August.

6SixSick 02-18-2011 01:33 PM

nah mate the real jet pack is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEXxkWXncuo this guy literally flies through the air not reliant on some tube near the water har!
I hear it will be adopted mostly by the French army to help their braves fighters have one more method for running away! bwahahahaha!

JJ_Spade 02-20-2011 03:06 PM

I Want One! I Want To Be Like Iron Man Tho So I Need A Cool Suit To Go With It! What Colors Should I Pick? Black n Red, Black n Purple, Black n Sliver, Or Black n Pink? As Long As Black Is In There, Well Except Yellow Cuz It Reminds Me Of Bees And Kinda Reminds Me Of Cyrax From Mortal Kombat (Which Are Great Games BTW). And I'm Sure At Least One Smart Ass Might Ask Me "How Bout Black n Blue?" lmao!

6SixSick 02-20-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_Spade (Post 653691)
I Want One! I Want To Be Like Iron Man Tho So I Need A Cool Suit To Go With It! What Colors Should I Pick? Black n Red, Black n Purple, Black n Sliver, Or Black n Pink? As Long As Black Is In There, Well Except Yellow Cuz It Reminds Me Of Bees And Kinda Reminds Me Of Cyrax From Mortal Kombat (Which Are Great Games BTW). And I'm Sure At Least One Smart Ass Might Ask Me "How Bout Black n Blue?" lmao!

How about black and blue?
You don't like bees though agreed! The worst one is the Hepetitis Bee! lol

JJ_Spade 02-20-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6SixSick (Post 653694)
How about black and blue?
You don't like bees though agreed! The worst one is the Hepetitis Bee! lol

lol I knew someone would say it, glad it was you lol...h bee hmm? I will take your word for it, no experience needed lol ;)

Cat Stark 02-23-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_Spade (Post 653691)

If you were like Iron Man you could make your own jet pack (except he has jet boots and stabilizers, not a pack) and suit. Do not forget his suit is a gold-titanium alloy. Not really the cheapest thing, but it fixed the frosting problem when he gets too far into space and it gets too cold.

My inner nerd just came out for a second.

Anyway...
I think the black and pink would be cool. Those colors go well together I think.

JJ_Spade 02-23-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Stark (Post 654242)
If you were like Iron Man you could make your own jet pack (except he has jet boots and stabilizers, not a pack) and suit. Do not forget his suit is a gold-titanium alloy. Not really the cheapest thing, but it fixed the frosting problem when he gets too far into space and it gets too cold.

My inner nerd just came out for a second.

Anyway...
I think the black and pink would be cool. Those colors go well together I think.

Ok, I'm Hiring You To Help Me Make It Lol! I'm A Nerd, But Only With Video Games Lol!

Cat Stark 02-25-2011 01:18 PM

I am a math nerd, not a mechanical nerd. I can not build I computer. Much less one as complex as JARVIS. I do not even think that kind of AI has been created yet.

Renatus 02-25-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Stark (Post 654596)
I am a math nerd, not a mechanical nerd. I can not build I computer. Much less one as complex as JARVIS. I do not even think that kind of AI has been created yet.

AI doesn't exist yet. What we have so far is simply virtual intelligence, which is everything short of a sentient computer.

Cat Stark 02-25-2011 01:28 PM

Which just proves the point that I can not make a computer like that. It does not exist yet.

6SixSick 02-25-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

building a computer is very very easy. Programming effective AI is another matter entirely.........

6SixSick 02-25-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

JARVIS isn't an Artificial Intelligence. He's a small little man Tony Stark has locked in a basement giving him instructions via radio........

Cat Stark 02-26-2011 10:47 AM

Note that I have chosen to ignore 6SixSick second comment.

Saying I do not know how to make a computer, I think it is okay to say it would be hard for me to put it together. I might as well try to do an organ transplant. At lest then I would know where everything was and where it should go.

6SixSick 02-26-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Stark (Post 654715)
Note that I have chosen to ignore 6SixSick second comment.

Saying I do not know how to make a computer, I think it is okay to say it would be hard for me to put it together. I might as well try to do an organ transplant. At lest then I would know where everything was and where it should go.

Why would you choose to put in a post that you've ignored something? I would think not mentioning it would be enough.
You're entitled to put what you want of course. I'm just curious.

6SixSick 02-26-2011 11:06 AM

After some thought I'll change "very very easy" to "surprisingly easy".

JJ_Spade 02-26-2011 11:12 AM

Ahh Six, My Dove..How Are You?

6SixSick 02-26-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_Spade (Post 654719)
Ahh Six, My Dove..How Are You?

I'm great thanks and how are you? :)

JJ_Spade 02-26-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6SixSick (Post 654722)
I'm great thanks and how are you? :)

Decent, Missin You ;)

6SixSick 02-26-2011 11:29 AM

(*^_^*) I'm kinda glad:)

JJ_Spade 02-26-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6SixSick (Post 654727)
(*^_^*) I'm kinda glad:)

Why Are You Glad?