Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I suppose (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=26888)

Mrs.avila 11-13-2012 12:39 PM

I suppose

Well. Hello. My name is Sabrina. I haven't changed my last name since it'll mess with my schooling information. so at the end of the semester it shall be changed :]
I'm 18 and married.
amazing, right?
I'm a shy person at first and easy to get along with.
i LOVE reading books. I want to be a book editor once i have my degree.

Miss Absynthe 11-13-2012 02:00 PM

Hello Sabrina. Welcome.

shadowynne 11-14-2012 01:01 AM

... This one makes me feel a little sick

Mrs.avila 11-14-2012 10:16 PM

why the dots shadowynne?

BourbonBoy 11-15-2012 03:28 AM

Don't worry about Shadowynne, he's like that with everyone. Anyway, welcome to the boards :)

Miss Absynthe 11-15-2012 05:09 AM

...Secret black text is secret!

shadowynne 11-15-2012 12:20 PM

...? It bloody well is secret I will have you know!

Hm. An aspiring editor, one should be familiar with ellipsis.

Miss Absynthe 11-15-2012 02:55 PM

I watched an ellipsis once. It hurt my eyes.

shadowynne 11-15-2012 11:54 PM

Thats why I always type whilst wearing welding goggles.

Miss Absynthe 11-16-2012 01:48 AM

::bumping the actual threads so that they're slightly easier to find in amongst the flood of spam... mmm... spam.::

Acharis 11-16-2012 03:39 AM

Oh god the spam. New posts = 20 fucking pages of it.

Mrs.avila 11-27-2012 06:44 PM

Okay? just because I want to be an editor doesn't mean I know everything that has to do with some form of grammar. I'm a freshman in college but i guess you just Assumed that I would know.

shadowynne 11-28-2012 02:25 AM

Sweet mother of puck Its basic punctuation. It is not some advanced linguistic code. I was taught basic punctuation in grade school, so yeah, actually i did assume that a collage student with an interest in written language would recognize basic punctuation.
I mean holy crap, i am an art major with a rampant disregard for spelling and grammar and have a better grasp of the language than you... You have fun with that career choice... Fuck me i hate people...

Miss Absynthe 11-28-2012 03:25 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/23199522.jpg

CuckooTuli 11-28-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowynne (Post 708673)
I mean holy crap, i am an art major with a rampant disregard for spelling and grammar and have a better grasp of the language than you...

Err... you really don't.

Also, there's a difference between not knowing what ellipses are or mean, and being confused when someone uses them in a deliberately obtuse context.

Arsehole.

Saya 11-28-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowynne (Post 708673)
Sweet mother of puck Its basic punctuation. It is not some advanced linguistic code. I was taught basic punctuation in grade school, so yeah, actually i did assume that a collage student with an interest in written language would recognize basic punctuation. (Comma splice).
I mean holy crap, i am an art major with a rampant disregard for spelling and grammar and have a better grasp of the language than you... You have fun with that career choice... Fuck me i hate people....

Those who live in glass houses and whatnot.

She's 18 and just starting her academic career. Also as long as she's understood, she does have a good grasp of the language and grammar, just not the academically acceptable kind of grammar that really isn't totally necessary on a gothic site that has abandoned all pretense of being a literary site. WE CAN STOP PRETENDING.

Plus, I don't think it was that she didn't understand what ellipses are, I just don't think she knows about the ten character limit and how you need to highlight it to see passive aggressive notes written in black.

Saya 11-28-2012 05:47 PM

Anyway, welcome newbie! Can I ask what your favourite books or book genres are?

shadowynne 11-29-2012 03:00 PM

Okay, well I sure have been told... And hey Saya, i guess you just skipped over my "rampant disregard of punctuation and grammar" comment but cool i knew i would get crap for thst. Also i never claim to be an english major or even linguisticly competent... And yeah i indulge in passive aggressive jibes. Im a goth for fuck sake.

Jeezus. I was just surprised that a collage student going into a feild based on grammar and punctuation... Oh skrew it i really dont care. You guys obviously have something for this female.

Insert passive aggressive bullshit here...

Alan 11-29-2012 03:48 PM

She doesn't fail on grammar or punctuation and you're a fucking idiot if you think she doesn't know what ellipses are just because she asks WHY you used them.

Bottomline is, you're inane and boring and you don't know when to let your douchiness just go.

shadowynne 11-29-2012 04:28 PM

Oh gods...

Hey Mrs avila, look honestly dint pay any attention to me. I am a bitter twisted old bastard and by no fault of your own you rubbed me up the wrong way.

Dont let my waspy shinanegins interfere with you on this site. I was in a crappy mood and i picked on you and that was petty on my part. So really Mrs A. Sorry.

To the rest of you lot, bloody hell put your torches and pitchforks away ive had enough.

Seriously... I hate you guys...

No, of course i dont hate you. I was just feeling petulant.

Miss Absynthe 11-29-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 708688)
Those who live in glass houses and whatnot.

Ha.. I was going to do that, but then couldn't be arsed.

Miss Absynthe 11-29-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowynne (Post 708700)
Im a dick for fuck sake.

There.. I fixed it for you.

shadowynne 11-29-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe (Post 708712)
There.. I fixed it for you.

Thank you Aby.

Miss Absynthe 11-29-2012 11:27 PM

Totes welcome.

shadowynne 11-29-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe (Post 708714)
Totes welcome.

??? Hmm? Totes?