Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   TV, Movies, & Games (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Red Dwarf (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1888)

Beowulf 02-21-2006 05:17 PM

Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf is one of the best TV programs ever, I was wondering if anyone else loves this classic Sci-Fi Sitcom.

ExistentialDisorder 02-21-2006 05:33 PM

Man, I love red dwarf. i just can never find it on tv reruns anymore. Eventually maybe i'll find it on dvd.

Samyania 02-21-2006 08:07 PM

I love this show. I was ever so close to making an Arlene Rimmer costume, only my Deb Lister backed out.
The dvd's are pretty easy to find. I've got through 4.

Beowulf 02-22-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
Man, I love red dwarf. i just can never find it on tv reruns anymore. Eventually maybe i'll find it on dvd.

Try Amazon (click here)

They have loads of Red Dwarf stuff.

Official Red Dwarf site (click here)

Empty_Purple_Stars 02-22-2006 06:21 PM

Man, this brings back memories..

Cat was always my favorite of the bunch. How can you go wrong with Six Nipples? I mean really.. So funny. He took Narcissicism to new depths. With style :D Hell, even his heartbeat was a Bass Line. How nifty is that? Pretty gawdamn nifty, I tell you.

I'd love to get the whole series on DVD so the boys can watch it when they're older.

"Listen Up, You Smegheads, Gimboids and Goits!.."

*Hee*

http://www.british-sitcom.co.uk/red_...s/char_cat.jpg

Beowulf 02-23-2006 03:55 PM

GeishaGirl,

I love that episode, it`s one of my favourites from season 4.

Kryten attempts to learn the finer points of lying by, erm, describing an apple as "The Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific."

The Cat meets his ideal mate - and it turns out to be himself. "Can you think of anyone more deserving?"

Kryten loses Camille to Hector the blob, but is quite philosophical about it: "It's the old, old story - droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again. Blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid. How many times have we seen that story?" (taken from website)

If anyone wants to know when Red Dwarf will be on TV, in their part of the world, go to the Official website and click on `Dwarf Tracker` on the menu, and select your country :) .

KeltikAon 02-23-2006 10:44 PM

I gave up trying to catch it on tv. I just buy the DVDs now. Sometimes it is a bad thing to live three miles away from Best Buy.

Cicero 03-03-2006 02:41 AM

Barely into my 6th year on this earth, I became obsessed with Red Dwarf. It hasn't stopped ever since.

"RASPUTIN! Bring me the diving suit with the bottom cut out, and release the rampant wildebeest!"

The 8th season is out on DVD in April.

Deviant Kitten 03-03-2006 05:29 AM

I <3 Red Dwarf! I really wish I had cable or sky - it's not on regular TV here at the moment. I need me some DVDs!

(Pinched from RD website: )
Classic Dwarf -

Lister discovers Kryten's been doing his laundry: "No way are these my boxer shorts - these bend!"

Ben Lahnger 03-03-2006 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lister
Oh smeg. What the smegging smeg's he smegging gone and done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimmer
Why the smeg don't you smegging well smeg off you smegging smegger?!?

I have <3'd this show for years!

Cicero 03-03-2006 07:23 AM

I was fascinated just a few years ago when I found out what smeg actually was...

Empty_Purple_Stars 03-03-2006 09:15 AM

Oh you really don't want to know..

Trust me..

*shudder*

Shi'ark 03-03-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xnguela
What is smeg really?

Segma is some thing that… well if men don’t wash then is found inside the dick.
I’m not kidding

Shi'ark 03-03-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Oh you really don't want to know..

Trust me..

*shudder*

Maybe I shouldn’t have said any thing after all. This came up after my post.

Empty_Purple_Stars 03-03-2006 10:03 AM

Ugh..

Smegma is the funky, goopy, white stuff that guys get inside their Penis if they don't wash..

*pukes*

Shi'ark 03-03-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xnguela

So, how do you smeg someone?

I pray that I never find out

Beowulf 03-03-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I <3 Red Dwarf! I really wish I had cable or sky - it's not on regular TV here at the moment. I need me some DVDs!

(Pinched from RD website: )
Classic Dwarf -

Lister discovers Kryten's been doing his laundry: "No way are these my boxer shorts - these bend!"

I love that episode, when they find Kryten (played by a different actor) its one of my favourite episodes :).

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

- Holly

Deviant Kitten, I was wondering what your favourite Red Dwarf episodes are ?.

Deviant Kitten 03-04-2006 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beowulf
Deviant Kitten, I was wondering what your favourite Red Dwarf episodes are ?.

I love that episode with the virtual reality game where Rimmer's mind keeps turning on him and messing the game up :D It's in series 2 I think.

I've got to admit I've only seen maybe 10 episodes of Red Dwarf - it always seemed to be on when I was at work :( On the plus side, that means there are lots of RD episodes for me to discover! *does happy dance*

Beowulf 03-04-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I love that episode with the virtual reality game where Rimmer's mind keeps turning on him and messing the game up :D It's in series 2 I think.

I've got to admit I've only seen maybe 10 episodes of Red Dwarf - it always seemed to be on when I was at work :( On the plus side, that means there are lots of RD episodes for me to discover! *does happy dance*

Hiya Deviant Kitten,

Have you seen the `Red Dwarf: Just the Shows - Volume 1 - DVD`

Episode titles:
The End, Future Echoes, Balance Of Power, Waiting For God, Confidence And Paranoia, Me2, Kryten, Better Than Life, Thanks For the Memory, Stasis Leak, Queeg, Parallel Universe, Backwards, Marooned, Polymorph, Bodyswap, Timeslides, The Last Day, Camille, D.N.A., Justice, White Hole, Dimension Jump, Meltdown.

Its a box set that has the first four seasons of Red Dwarf.
For more info...

Deviant Kitten 03-05-2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beowulf
Hiya Deviant Kitten,

Have you seen the `Red Dwarf: Just the Shows - Volume 1 - DVD`

Episode titles:
The End, Future Echoes, Balance Of Power, Waiting For God, Confidence And Paranoia, Me2, Kryten, Better Than Life, Thanks For the Memory, Stasis Leak, Queeg, Parallel Universe, Backwards, Marooned, Polymorph, Bodyswap, Timeslides, The Last Day, Camille, D.N.A., Justice, White Hole, Dimension Jump, Meltdown.

Its a box set that has the first four seasons of Red Dwarf.
For more info...

Hey! No, I hadn't seen that one - thanks Beowulf :D
I get paid on Sundays, I'll have to see if I've got a decent amount this week because I NEED that DVD box set!! *grin*

Shi'ark 03-05-2006 08:39 AM

Anyone know about that movie that has been talked about the last ten years? If faithful to the TV show it will be brilliant.

Deviant Kitten 03-06-2006 01:41 AM

Argh, crappy work! I'm skint again :(

There's going to ba a RD film?

:D