Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Spooky News (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   the legend of witch road (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11373)

luna876 07-07-2008 11:52 AM

the legend of witch road

there is a road called witch road. it is called this becaus it is beleved that there is a house that a witch lives in in tha middle of the forest by the road.
well anyway a couple was taking a drive and the husband is a photographer and he noticed that they were on wicth road. so he had his camera equeptiment wioth him and he asked his wife if he could pull over and go in the woods and take a picture of the witches house. she argues and finally cracks. she lets him go and take that picture. meanwhile there 4 yr old son wanted to get out of the car and stretch. the wife is lookin for her son and he was on the other side of that car. she hears him talking to someone. so she gets scared and runs around to the other side of the car and she sees no one there. so shes asks her son who hes talking and he says that he talking to the little girl in the white dress. she she scoops her son up and puts him into the car and yells to the husband and the husband come back to the car saying that he couldent find the house so he asks that wife is he could check the other side and she screams at him NO WE ARE LEAVING NOW. so the they got in the car and they drove 150 mph untill they got off of witch road. now witch road is not used by and one anymore. it is now use by teenagers that live in the area of witch road for halloween dares and tricks.

Renatus 07-07-2008 07:40 PM

First off you need to cite your sources (though I doubt there are any for this), second I doubt two parents would drive at 150 miles an hour with a small child in the vehicle(I also doubt a family car could reach that speed)

Barfing_Rat 07-07-2008 07:58 PM

*yawn* that's a great story but this type of story is nothing new! IF you want to impress anyone, come up with something new instead of recycling something into a "new" story.

If this is true then post a source or something.

luna876 07-08-2008 05:41 PM

fist of all buddy its a fictional story based of the actual witch road i had med up the storie based on all the little bits and peicesa of research i have done. and put it 2 gether to make my own storie

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-08-2008 05:51 PM

It should be in the Literature section if it's a fictional work based on a real local

luna876 07-08-2008 05:54 PM

tru but it is based on witch road wich is a real location

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-08-2008 05:59 PM

BUT! So are many other fictional works and they are in the Literature section, spooky news is for news events from around the world.

Now if some kid was recently kidnapped and/or murdered on this road and you were telling us about this then it would belong here.

Renatus 07-08-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna876
tru but it is based on witch road wich is a real location

Like canvas said this section of the forum is for real news, it doesn't have to be spooky. The whole "spooky" part of the name "spooky" news means about as much as black clothing to the goth subculture(it's common but not the always the case). Infact most of the stories are not in the least bit spooky maybe weird or screwed up but rarely spooky, for example;"real live unicorn", "how stonehenge was built","Iraq throws open door to foreign oil firms", or better yet the first ever spooky news article "South Africa anti-**** condom aims to stop attacks"; I doubt you could find anything slightly "spooky" about those articles.

Lapin 07-09-2008 08:47 AM

You could work on your spelling, grammar, and sentence structure as well. I could barely get through that drivel.

XxBloodyrosexX 07-09-2008 10:07 AM

I saw that on TV once. It was one of those ghost myth-busting, a haunting like shows on Discovery. It had a lot more stories about haunted places.

luna876 07-12-2008 09:28 AM

this is for long forgotten light at the end of the world, horzion crying tears her left behind so long ago.

Solumina 07-13-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna876
this is for long forgotten light at the end of the world, horizon crying tears her left behind so long ago.

um...wtf? I think my brain died a bit while reading that post

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 01:42 AM

WOAH! When did we start telling campfire ghost stories?!

OKAY! I GOT ONE!
There was a swamp creature. He was raised by Satan worshiping beavers who craved the blood of young campers.........

lol. Seriously.

Solumina 07-13-2008 01:44 AM

That isn't nearly as terrifying as the Christmas Critters *shudder* creepy animals and their blood orgies

Tea and Cake or Death 07-13-2008 01:46 AM

Hey! You laugh now, but those Critters know how to throw a PAR-TAY!

Solumina 07-13-2008 01:56 AM

Yeah their parties always start out kick ass, but sooner or later it always ends with r.ape and then you end up with AIDS

Childe_Roland 07-13-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
Yeah their parties always start out kick ass, but sooner or later it always ends with r.ape and then you end up with AIDS

Now that's funny. Funny like "I feel faintly guilty for laughing" funny. It reminds me of reading Hugleikur Dagsson.

NightmareInShiningArmour 07-17-2008 07:33 PM

Shouldn't this be moved to literature? It being a made up story and all.

Seriously, you need sources if any exist for this, you can't just make something up and label it news. I also HIGHLY doubt that if this was from somewhere other than made up then there would be a minimal to no spelling or grammatical errors etc.

Sir Canvas Corpsey 07-17-2008 11:20 PM

Nightmare you annoy me.

You added nothing to this failed thread

NightmareInShiningArmour 07-17-2008 11:53 PM

Sadly, I'm usually like that :(
I didn't actually read all of the posts before I replied and I didn't see (I'm not sure how I missed it) but I thought there were only the first two posts after the story. I apologize.

luna876 07-18-2008 05:19 PM

thankyou i had another person complain about it was made up and so i did site my sources and posted a link.

thekorupt 07-19-2008 07:31 PM

And where is this supposed source link?

The story sucks. It lacks a single original thought.

Not only does it lack original thought, but also believability.

As the newbie thread says... go get a book about writing and read it. Especially sections about grammar and storyline development.

NightmareInShiningArmour 07-19-2008 08:03 PM

If we don't get a source link can we get this moved to literature? I don't think made up stuff should be in the News section.

Tea and Cake or Death 07-19-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
If we don't get a source link can we get this moved to literature? I don't think made up stuff should be in the News section.

......if we let this thread die, then it won't matter.

Butterflyywingz 10-22-2011 09:51 AM

Syfys Scariest places

Quote:

Originally Posted by luna876 (Post 407158)
fist of all buddy its a fictional story based of the actual witch road i had med up the storie based on all the little bits and peicesa of research i have done. and put it 2 gether to make my own storie

No it isn't something you made up, I saw that same Story you posted on Syfys Scariest places.... :eek: and you need to be alittle better at spelling if you are going to post a story .:)