Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Black And Red Lipstick (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=23865)

vindicatedxjin 01-11-2011 10:09 AM

Black And Red Lipstick

I like the way lipstick looks. However I NEVER wear it. I feel like it makes my lips look huge.

But I like how black lips are back in style.

Do YOU wear lipstick, and if so how do you wear the rest of your makeup?

I think I'm going to go makeup shopping.

KontanKarite 01-11-2011 10:27 AM

I had no idea that black lipstick back in style. I haven't seen anyone sporting it here in the city.

Underwater Ophelia 01-11-2011 10:31 AM

What are you talking about black lipstick is in style?

honeythorn 01-11-2011 11:23 AM

I do own a blackish plum colour ( not proper black though ) , but rarely wear it, and when I do I just dab it on for a light application as a proper application doesn't look right on me.

I have small lips and deep colours applied strongly/heavily have always seemed to make my mouth look all pursed up and tiny like a cats bum.

I can get away with berry shades a bit better.

But on the whole I don't wear lipstick often, I just stick with eyes since I know I can get away with that .

I can also say I haven't seen anyone wearing black lipstick. It did make a comeback on the catwalks fairly recently if I recall a few newpaper articles with photos.... but in terms of on the street... no. Not seen it about.

To be honest , VERY few people can pull it off well.

vindicatedxjin 01-11-2011 11:28 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_505TBybF8V...%252B%252B.jpg Black

And

http://cdn2.lookbook.nu/files/looks/...jpg?1294426213

Red

Are in.

vindicatedxjin 01-11-2011 11:30 AM

I've seen a few girls wear black and it looks good if you wear the right clothes... I just want to change my make up routine. I feel boring.

BlackBlood 01-11-2011 11:36 AM

a really dark purple could work too..

when applying lipstick try to apply it in mostly the middle of the mouth. it makes your lips seem a lot smaller.

carakitty 01-13-2011 08:27 PM

Hey Jin,
If you want to dabble in black lipstick but don't want to go the full monty try the Urban Decay lipstick in Oil Slick. It looks pure black in the tube but goes on quite sheer and mostly greyish with some slight purple shimmer. If you want to go bold and have it be opaque black, line your lips with a black pencil and put the Oil Slick on top. I also like oil Slick because I layer it on top of my other stains and pencils. Usually when I wear it I use purple or pink eyeshadows with it, rosy pink blush, black lashes, and smudged black liner.

I love wearing red lips! Revlon used to make this awesome formula called MoistureStay. The color would last a really long time but it was still quite moisturizing. I got it in Crimson and that is my favorite red lipstick. When I wear it I do black lashes, and neutral toned eyes like greys or browns.

Have fun with your makeup for me! Best wishes finding something to perk yourself up!

PortraitOfSanity 01-13-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin (Post 648598)

I thought heroin chic was dead...

vindicatedxjin 01-14-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carakitty (Post 648768)
Hey Jin,
If you want to dabble in black lipstick but don't want to go the full monty try the Urban Decay lipstick in Oil Slick. It looks pure black in the tube but goes on quite sheer and mostly greyish with some slight purple shimmer. If you want to go bold and have it be opaque black, line your lips with a black pencil and put the Oil Slick on top. I also like oil Slick because I layer it on top of my other stains and pencils. Usually when I wear it I use purple or pink eyeshadows with it, rosy pink blush, black lashes, and smudged black liner.

I love wearing red lips! Revlon used to make this awesome formula called MoistureStay. The color would last a really long time but it was still quite moisturizing. I got it in Crimson and that is my favorite red lipstick. When I wear it I do black lashes, and neutral toned eyes like greys or browns.

Have fun with your makeup for me! Best wishes finding something to perk yourself up!

I love Urban decay eyeshadow, but I've never used any of their other makeup. I guess I need to make a stop at ulta and test it out!! Thanks for the tidbit!

Underwater Ophelia 01-14-2011 06:24 AM

Yeah, those are def old pictures.

Black lipstick chick is a fine azz betch, though.

vindicatedxjin 01-14-2011 06:49 AM

Actually they are new, dork. AND she is fine.

CuckooTuli 01-14-2011 06:58 AM

I don't really like lipstick - if I can be bothered to put on make-up, I'm very much an eye girl.

Pineapple_Juice 01-14-2011 07:38 AM

Black lipstick should die and never come back-it's awful.

vindicatedxjin 01-14-2011 07:50 AM

I like it though... do you think red lipstick is awful?

tesla-jane 01-14-2011 08:06 AM

My signature shade is bright red, however i've taken to wearing a light burgundy color most days, either paired with a smoky eye or just some eyeliner and mascara.
Unless it's a rainbow day. Then anything goes,

Holyless 01-14-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice (Post 648801)
Black lipstick should die and never come back-it's awful.

:( Why so much resent?!

This is going to be my first post here, heh.. I registered because I searched about black lipstick here before, but that thread was long dead. I'm glad this is here.

Black lipstick is all about precision. If you don't want it to look like it's overbearing and engulfing your face, take time and effort to shape how you want your lips to look. Use foundation to cancel out the natural color of your lips, then completely redraw and redefine your lips - smaller if you want it smaller. For me, this means not over-drawing my bottom lip and creating a more severe Cupid's bow.

I love wearing black lipstick and I pull it off well, like a boss bitch (;

Saya 01-14-2011 01:37 PM

I haven't seen anyone with black lipstick yet, but I have noticed in stores more often now.

I like red lipstick, but I usually wear lip gloss if I'm wearing make up. If I were to wear it I'd probably just wear grey and black eyeshadow, nothing dramatic though.

MissCheyenne 01-14-2011 01:44 PM

I haven't even considered wearing black lipstick since I was 16! In fact, I don't wear lipstick at all nowadays and I think I only own one. That is if it my sister hasn't taken off with it.

Mandarinz 01-16-2011 02:13 PM

This may sound yuck to some of you, but I had an old black eyeliner that was too short to use, so I experimented putting some on my lips. Surprisingly it looked good. Cause the colour isn't too dark, it's more of a tint on your lips. I think black lipstick can look amazing, but unfortunatly most of the people I see wearing full black lipstick in town and such look rather silly. Especially when it gets on their teeth :/

CrimsonPythonidae 01-16-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissCheyenne (Post 648834)
I haven't even considered wearing black lipstick since I was 16! In fact, I don't wear lipstick at all nowadays and I think I only own one. That is if it my sister hasn't taken off with it.

Ha ha! Yeah I wore black lippy when I was younger, it looked excellent but you get over it pretty quick. I haven't really worn lipstick since. I own a couple but haven't really used them. It looks terrible and fake on me, and most other people, especially in photo's on nights out. Red lipstick is awful, I don't understand why anyone would think it looks good. Except on a clown.

If I was to bother wearing makeup it would be light, maybe something on my eyes and maybe lip gloss. Maybe. Mostly because I look stupid with makeup on. I much prefer people to look like themselves, natural.

Anesthesia 01-19-2011 03:56 AM

Black lipstick doesn't look good on everybody. You have to know how to wear it and match it with the appropiate clothes, hair etc. I personally don't use it, it looks awful on me. But I do love matt dark red lipstick.

Murder.Of.Crows 01-19-2011 05:10 AM

It is a tricky lipstick indeed, I tried it and i look like a fucking clown or the crow...

Solumina 01-19-2011 08:09 AM

Looks like black lipstick is going out again, red has stayed pretty much consistently in forever and I don't think it will go out of style any time soon but right now its all about the nude lip.

vindicatedxjin 01-19-2011 08:22 AM

http://static.becomegorgeous.com/img...lips_thumb.jpg I love this color!