Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   i dont know how to tell my mom i want to be goth help me (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3208)

BlackButterfly 01-15-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Also, I wear grey and black almost exclusively, but it's not because I am depressed. It's because black and grey go with anything, and I HATE having to wear blues with blue, or red with red, I get frustrated as hell.

You don't HAVE to wear blue with blue... you can wear red with blue!

Or green with red! Or black with blue! Or that particularly lovely shade of green that seems to go with everything...

The majority or my wardrobe can be put together in the dark and still look presentable once the lights are turned on. Basic, primary or neutral(ish) colors that all go together. The colors I really *don't* wear? Purple, turquoise, orange and certain shades of pink--they don't really look good on me (They do strange things to my skin tone...)

Black and grey are cool (I own a lot of that too), but I can't take too much in the way of monotony--that's why I'm always changing my appearance.

badteccy 01-15-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothic809
plz help i dont know how to tell my mum that i want to be goth and i dont want to get fucken yelled at cuz then i will cut myself and i really dont care bout that but when she finds bloddy knifes hidden in my room.. plz help me some 1 how do i say i want to be goth

Stick with the cutting.

hmm...beaten like the redheaded step-child...

om3gag0th666 01-15-2007 11:11 AM

When I change my appearance, it's often by sculpting my body with muscle.

Like I can make my cheeks incredibly gaunt if I wanted to (but I'd have to lose a ton of weight, probably 30 pounds and lose muscle).

Still, I like to look plain and boring; because it throws people off.

Another trademark of goth is flamboyance, just wearing any old thing and trying to push it as an 'image' thing, when it's really because they are color-blind and have downs.

Also, I am 19, I'll be 20 in July.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 11:18 AM

I look plain and boring too. I don't mind. I like blending in.

I wish I could make my cheeks look gaunt, though. I have baby-fat cheeks and always will.

BlackButterfly 01-15-2007 11:27 AM

I like to use makeup to change my appearance, but mostly because I can. For me, it's the whole "using one's body as an art form" thing, and it goes with the costumes I make. No flamboyance here (or color-blindness, thank you--I have a very acute sense of and appreciation for color)--I just have a "guild aesthetic" for clothing.

Honestly, I was just playing with you--my boyfriend has the same "thing" about wearing the same color scheme from head to toe with all of his outfits, to the point that I sometimes call him a crayon...

::distraction::

Hee-hee, you're a Cancer? Could've fooled me. Then again, despite the apparent nature you project on these boards, maybe there is an air or charisma around you in person... or maybe you're a Leo, which would explain a bit more(who knows?).

Isotope 01-15-2007 11:29 AM

Hmm i'm not a mod for this site or something, but shouldn't this be at "Whining" thread?..

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 11:30 AM

You don't think he's charismatic?

I chat with a couple of people from here off-board, and everyone seems to have a general overall positive perception of him, or at the very least some respect.

Someone who consistently insults the majority of the boards here but can still demand respect and even like seems fairly charismatic to me.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isotope
Hmm i'm not a mod for this site or something, but shouldn't this be at "Whining" thread?..

That's probably something that should have been dealt with on 06-29-2006, when the thread was created. :p

BlackButterfly 01-15-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
You don't think he's charismatic?

I chat with a couple of people from here off-board, and everyone seems to have a general overall positive perception of him, or at the very least some respect.

Someone who consistently insults the majority of the boards here but can still demand respect and even like seems fairly charismatic to me.

OK, I admit, he has his mildly likeable moments, and he's cute, and he's a good poet, but when he unleashes that (not-so) inner jerk I forget about all that good stuff.

Yeah... I guess he's charismatic--if you figure that there's the positive and negative kind. People flock towards him in a rage of wanting to just burn him alive... XD

Of course, I've never had the pleasure(?) of chatting/IM'ing with him...

om3gag0th666 01-15-2007 01:04 PM

If you want to 'chat' with me. It's quite simple really. If you have AIM: Wound Up Orange is my SN.

I don't think I am likeable, I think I am lovable. At least, to those who understand that when I speak or think it's not really to offend but more to bring clarity to a situation.

Even if you fit my stereotype it doesn't mean you are placid, or trite. It means you share characteristics with a large group of people.

I tend to like to spend time with people I like, does this make me any less human? I can be defined on some very shallow levels. All I did was identify a group of people on a shallow level. Nothing hard to do, or impressive really.

You can do it with any 'sub-culture' really. I just find the goth sub-culture to be full of pretention. I am a person who is a strict believer of humility, and that if a person has a purpose, they aren't looking too hard; because having a purpose implies importance. A person has to surrender their egotistical behaviors to truly appreciate others as greater than them.

At least, that's how I think. It's not how you need to think of course.

om3gag0th666 01-15-2007 01:06 PM

Also if you believe in horoscopes, Cancer is the most versatile and confusing sign of them all. We're the strangest of them all.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
If you want to 'chat' with me. It's quite simple really. If you have AIM: Wound Up Orange is my SN.

I added your hotmail.

You don't appear to be online.

om3gag0th666 01-15-2007 01:34 PM

I'll go on for you. If I can just remember what...it was. What your hotmail that is.

Tell me what it is again.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 01:35 PM

I added you.

It's my work email, so I don't feel comfortable posting it here.

I'll just tell you it starts with "katy" so you know it's ok to accept.

om3gag0th666 01-15-2007 01:43 PM

Well the one I am using right now...

lord_baalzebub@************

Perhaps I told you to add:

Sprinkz@************

If I did, I am sorry. I do not use that one ever...really.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-15-2007 01:44 PM

I've got the Baalzebub one added...

Gods know why it's not working.

I'll email you my address at that account, and you can add me.