Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What is your favourite song in Eat me, Drink me? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=9519)

DarkPrayer 02-08-2008 02:31 PM

What is your favourite song in Eat me, Drink me?

I really like Heart-Shaped Glasses and If I was your Vampire. I'm sad that Marilyn Manson never made a music video for If I was your Vampire.

L'Oiseau Noir 02-08-2008 02:37 PM

I hate Marilyn Manson, so I never bothered to buy his crappy new album.

It's all good if you like that stuff, though.

bleedingheart344 02-08-2008 02:50 PM

My favourite is snapping the cd in half. :D

Breathless Horror 02-08-2008 02:52 PM

I don't mind Manson, but what on earth made you think you'd get an even remotely positive response to this thread, when I know very well you know most of the members' opinions on him??

L'Oiseau Noir 02-08-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedingheart344

Oh my gosh, Bleeding, that's my favorite song too! The loud snap of the plastic is a symphony to my ears! :D

tickingstitch 02-08-2008 03:10 PM

Manson is okay but I would not consider myself a fan by a long stretch...

Green.Lady 02-08-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I don't mind Manson, but what on earth made you think you'd get an even remotely positive response to this thread, when I know very well you know most of the members' opinions on him??

This is why there is still a part of me that holds my original opinion that DP is a troll.

Duane 02-08-2008 04:54 PM

This is why I don't bother posting a thread on Green Day or Blink 182, response would be any good. I personally think his cover of Tainted Love is cool, same with This is Halloween, but the originals are better.

*puts on flame proof armor*

KontanKarite 02-08-2008 06:34 PM

Manson, as an artist doesn't gel with me. But I respect him on the grounds that the guy knows how to manipulate people and knows how to make money.

He's fucking brilliant in that aspect. Hell, most of us are victims to sheep mentality as we are SUPPOSED to hate manson because it's goth to do so.

The guy fucking won at life. He mastered the good and the bad publicity and is living it up. He can NOT fail when it comes to securing a buck. That's about it though.

In fact, it would behoove most of us to fucking take notes.

gothicusmaximus 02-09-2008 02:17 AM

I'm partial to If I Was Your Vampire. I used to listen to it in my room on loop every day, but it was so gothic that my mom got scared and said 'you're moving with your Auntie and your Uncle in Bel-Air!"

Anyway, DarkPrayer's new custom title is wonderfully appropriate.

JCC 02-09-2008 04:20 AM

I don't mind Marilyn Manson. In fact I quite like a lot of his songs.

Cyberbat 02-09-2008 04:35 AM

I like some of Mansons stuff, but this new cd well... I tried to listen to it, but after skipping a song for the 7th time I just decided to stick to my Diva Destruction. I have no idea what happened to the Manson cd...Oh well.

MOUSEBLOOD 02-09-2008 10:37 AM

A friend of mine bought his first album when it came out. I remember thinking, "eh, not too bad". Occassionally I've seen part of a video or seen a news story about how he's to blame for stuff.

So he' done another album, I'll have to ask my friend if he's heard it.

Draconysius 02-10-2008 11:15 AM

My favorite is "Makes a nice coaster".

Stormtrooper of Death 02-10-2008 11:51 AM

When Manson was "Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids" it wasn't all that bad. But I like 1 or 2 songs and thats it.

Bete Noire 02-10-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
When Manson was "Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids" it wasn't all that bad.

It wasn't that bad, but it was by no means great.

Zakyath 02-11-2008 10:00 AM

Heart-Shaped Glasses and Putting Holes in Happiness. He is fantastic live. Else he isn't that great. 5-10 songs, imo

le_revenant 02-11-2008 10:48 AM

I "+1" KontanKarite's opinion.
I don't think much of Manson either but ya gotta respect what he has accomplished. Hell he had Dita Von Teese!!

That said, what little Manson music I have heard did nothing for me.
I did kinda sorta like Mob Scene about the time it came out but it only made the local airwaves for about a week or two. Around here radio has basically limited his songs to just Tainted Love & The Beautiful People, & his kiddie fans here make me cringe at their claims to be gothier than thou.

Count Angular 02-11-2008 11:43 AM

somebody elses guy.....Jocelyn Brown

Wormboy 02-11-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
I really like Heart-Shaped Glasses and If I was your Vampire. I'm sad that Marilyn Manson never made a music video for If I was your Vampire.

Didn't you start threads about how he's a fake and such? At any rate, as the biggest Manson fan on this board (that I know of), I have to say it's not by far his best album. Some songs are not bad, over all it's ok, but it's far lower than Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, The Golden Age of Grotesque, Holy Wood, and Portrait of an American Family.

Wormboy 02-11-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green.Lady
This is why there is still a part of me that holds my original opinion that DP is a troll.

She's not a troll, she's an idiot. There's a difference.

raggedyanne 02-11-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPrayer

OY! We go' ano'er un! I actually liked parts of the album, after my boy forced me to listen to it over . . . and over . . . an over. "You, Me, and the Devil Make three" was actually quite tolerable.

Green.Lady 02-11-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wormboy
She's not a troll, she's an idiot. There's a difference.

Perhaps, perhaps. We'll probably never know...

HauntingMist 02-11-2008 11:33 PM

I don't mind listening to his stuff, he's got some good tunes.

Dark Morbid Vampire 02-16-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedingheart344

Agreed. One or two of his old songs were ok, but his new stuff is crap.