Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   the "whine about boo-boos" thread (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4250)

Still Jack 06-30-2010 12:37 AM

I shot myself in the foot with a power-stapler and ruined a perfectly good pair of shoos. Then I dropped a 13 inch steel rim on the same foot. Today just is not my day....

Ben Lahnger 06-30-2010 07:05 AM

ape descendant, that sucks. And having a blueberry bagel ruined by the taste of blood in your mouth ... tragedy!

Still Jack, be good to your feet. You'll need them to be good to you the rest of your life. It reminds me of that line from "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" - Be kind to your knees; you'll miss them when they're gone. I can vouch for that one.

Also, scientific studies have determined that insufficient sleep leads to increased clumsiness and a tendency to be increasingly accident-prone. I have experienced this myself. It's my opinion that if you find yourself having more trip-ups and judgment lapses leading to property damage, minor injuries or even just messes you have to clean up, it's your body's way of telling you that you are not getting enough quality sleep.

Jack, are you getting enough rest?

korinna5555 06-30-2010 08:58 AM

Horrible fucking sunburn. First one EVER.
Got sun poisoning, and was in excruciating pain for three days. It's peeling now, but still fairly tender.

It's completely my fault; I never used to burn, and didn't wear sunblock.
Eeeehh.. I got this spray that's 20% Benzocaine. I love it. We're moving to India and getting married. <3

Still Jack 06-30-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 624324)
Jack, are you getting enough rest?

Depends on how you look at it. I sleep, but my sleeping patterns have been fucked for quite a while now. I wake up around 8 PM and go to sleep around 12 AM or 3-4 PM depending on what I've been doing. ( No pun intended. )

Ben Lahnger 06-30-2010 11:13 AM

That could cause it. I hope you get that sorted out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555 (Post 624371)
Horrible fucking sunburn. First one EVER.
Got sun poisoning, and was in excruciating pain for three days. It's peeling now, but still fairly tender.

I hope you see the irony of posting that immediately after my post containing the line "Everyone's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)."

Saya 06-30-2010 12:53 PM

I feel like such an asshole when I'm around someone with a sunburn. I've never done it, but I have a strong compulsion to slap the burn, its all I can think about >.>

But srsly everyone, wear sunscreen. Even if you think you're only going to be outside for a little while. I had a customer the other day who was as red as a lobster and she said she only ran outside to talk to someone for fifteen minutes.

korinna5555 06-30-2010 01:14 PM

Ben: I didn't see that when I made my post, but that's hilarious.

I've since bought some sunscreen :3

vindicatedxjin 06-30-2010 02:52 PM

I'm still the sick ! :( !

Ben Lahnger 06-30-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korinna5555 (Post 624505)
\I've since bought some sunscreen :3

I'm glad you did. Sunburns are nothing to mess around with.

Underwater Ophelia 06-30-2010 03:48 PM

Ugh. I have sciatica.

carakitty 06-30-2010 04:56 PM

I have a head ache. Teeth don't hurt as much as they did the other day though, but are still sensitive.

honeythorn 07-05-2010 11:00 AM

Being the spectacular twit that I sometimes am, I have managed to end up with a lateral cardboard cut on my lower lip, when lugging a box about too vigourously at work. Owwwww :(

Solumina 07-05-2010 11:21 AM

I have a headache and some major cramps, thankfully its almost time for me to go home

HumanePain 01-04-2012 12:40 PM

I don't feel good. I think I am getting sick.
Ugh.
Bleah.
It is 90 degrees in So Cal but all I want to do is curl up in bed.

Murder.Of.Crows 01-04-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanePain (Post 688326)
I don't feel good. I think I am getting sick.
Ugh.
Bleah.
It is 90 degrees in So Cal but all I want to do is curl up in bed.

As do I....