Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Siouxsie and The Banshees (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3275)

LadyTsepish 07-09-2006 09:48 AM

Siouxsie and The Banshees

I've heard a few songs by Siouxsie and the Banshees, and I really liked them. What are yout favorite Banshee songs that you would recommend to a newbie? And, if there is a similar post to this, please direct me that way.

maggot 07-09-2006 10:48 AM

Well, my favorite Siouxsie song would have to be The Killing Jar. I think it's particularly good.
Another good song, though it be different from many, is Love in a Void.

Draconysius 07-09-2006 11:17 AM

I've never been able to find many Siouxsie albums, besides their "Seven Year Itch" live album. Every one is still top-quality, though. Oddly, though, I like the more bubblegum-pop-esque songs like "Christine" and "Peek-a-Boo". At first, I really didn't like them, but they quickly grew on me.

LadyTsepish 07-09-2006 06:38 PM

One of the songs I heard that I really liked was Arabian Nights.

happy_dude 07-09-2006 06:45 PM

I wuv Siouxsie & the Banshees they are one of the few bands on my "Get-every-album-by-these-artists" list(the other bands being the Cure and Alien Sex Fiend), so far I only have the Best Of and a few downloaded tracks.
My favourite songs would be Happy House, Are You Still Dying Darling? and Christine.

Draconysius 07-09-2006 07:27 PM

The only bands on my get-every-album-list are: Sunn, Diary of Dreams, Christian Death, and Bauhaus. Oh, wait... There's also DragonForce, Green Day, Tool, and My Chemical Romance. They're a LOT easier to find than the ealier, though.

happy_dude 07-09-2006 07:46 PM

Ah yes, I think I shall add Christian Death and Bauhaus to that list, possibly even Megadeth and Iron Maiden. The fact that they're harder to find is what makes it so much fun. Especially if you do so with out ever going on the internet to find them and simply wander around the city searching in vain.

Morrigan_Dubh 07-10-2006 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draconysius
My Chemical Romance.

Minus 150 goth points and 5 billion cool points, Drac :p

Anyway, to the Original Poster - Juju is a wonderful album for S and
the Bs. It is the album that "Arabian Nights" is from. That is a great track, but it is not my favourite. My favourites - "Into the Light" and "Monitor".
Another great track is "Cascade" from the "A Kiss in the Dreamhouse" album.

Draconysius 07-10-2006 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Minus 150 goth points and 5 billion cool points, Drac :p

Damn! I'll have to gain those back quick! Um... Caressing bent up to the jug again with sheaths and pills invading all those stills in a hovel of a bed I will scream in vain oh please miss Lane leave me with some pain!

Morrigan_Dubh 07-10-2006 05:54 AM

Now post some My Chemical Romance lyrics and we can compare und contrast for the benefit of Mr. Kite...

Jimsin 07-10-2006 07:35 AM

Siouxsie & The Banshees are amazing, in that over all their albums there is hardly a single bad or dull song - there is so much variety in their work, so it's hard to single out any one song ... right now 'Night Shift' or "The Rapture" jump to mind, but there are just too many great ones to choose from.

I once read an interview when Sioux was saying that they released singles to 'infiltrate the mainstream', and the 'real' Banshees music was on their albums. With this in mind, you're probably best to try and get hold of a singles collection - see which songs you like best, then root out the album they were drawn from. Whichever album you end up with, I very much doubt that you'd be disappointed.

critterkhan 07-11-2006 07:12 AM

Cities in Dust is one of my favorites.

Haunted House 07-19-2006 04:35 PM

I love The Banshees. My favorites are 'Cities In Dust', 'The Staircase (Mystery)' and the entire 'Juju' album.

bedlam babe 07-20-2006 06:40 PM

I requested 'Cities in Dust' at Number's Nightclub just so I could feel special-they always play that 80's night.

If you dont have their greatest hits record,you are not kool.

Falken 07-20-2006 11:24 PM

Hong Kong Garden, Spellbound, Dear Prudence, Cities in Dust, The Passenger, Peek-a-Boo, Kiss them for Me.

albums I like:

Kaleidoscope
JuJu
Once Upon A Time/The Singles (greatest hits up till '81)
Nocturne (brilliant live album)
Tinderbox
Through the Looking Glass
(after this, they become more bubblegum and poppish, but I still love Siouxsie's sexy voice on 'Peek-a-Boo' and 'Kiss Them
for Me')

Crimson_Terror 07-21-2006 01:55 AM

Red Lights probably one of my favourates. I like the album Juju, but The Scream is also a very good album.

Minyaliel 07-21-2006 07:57 AM

I'm a big time fan of Siouxsie and the Banshees - in my opinion, they're better than even Bauhaus and the Sisters (admittedly, I don't like the music of SOM that much :P). SatB's album "Kaleidoscope" is very good, I think. Also, I'd recommend the songs "Venus in Furs", "Peek- a- boo" (as someone else suggested, Arabian Knights (can't say anything about Arabian Nights, since that's a different song which I haven't heard), and Placebo Effect :)

GGJim 07-21-2006 01:01 PM

I can't even think of a favorite,
but tons of Siouxsie and the Banshee's songs are available on Winmx.

I can say my favorite Siouxsie moment was when
Pee Wee Herman took Cowboy Curtis to a club
on Pee Wee's Playhouse and they both put on
big mohawk wigs and they were dancing
to Siouxsie.

cyberJade 07-22-2006 05:47 PM

HUGE Siouxsie Sioux fan > here <. I love everything from Siouxsie and the Banshees, and
The Creatures. I would love to meet her and get her autograph. lol I haven't seen her
live either. How sad...

Cicero 07-23-2006 12:20 AM

Spellbound is my favourite song by far. Juju is the best album.

Ahhh, so many great memories of listening to this band. Siouxsie and the Banshees were my very first introduction to gothic rock. I'm going to listen to them and dance around my room now.

She_Is_My_Sin 07-27-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haunted House
the entire 'Juju' album.

Amen to that. I treated myself to a new CD & keep it on repeat for long durations. Although 'Israel' & 'Love In A Void' are ones that I have particularly warmed to.

Release_The_Bats 07-31-2006 07:17 PM

Cities in the Dust, Arabian Knights, and The Ghost in you are some of my favorites by the Banshees. I only have a Greatest Hits album, but I'm on a mission to get Kalediscope.

thetiesonyourcorset 08-24-2006 03:17 PM

i love this band, they are awesome :D

HumanePain 08-24-2006 04:16 PM

Face to Face
Happy House
Tenant
it all rocks!
Siouxsie is so smoochable looking!

Her songs are very deep too. In Happy House, she sings about the people inside the house wearing their "blinkers", but then at the end of the song, she says "i'm looking in your window", i.e. she is outside looking at reality, whilst the people inside are the ones who are insane, pretending there is no rain, no hell. Interesting play on perspectives.

She_Is_My_Sin 08-25-2006 01:51 PM

Christine is about a real-life woman who had multiple personality disorder. Some of her personalities were animals.

Their cover of 'This Wheel's On Fire' is awesome. I've been listening to it non-stop.

& as for Siouxsie being smoochable looking I'd agree, she's a very beautiful lady. My uncle has met her quite a few times & he said "She gets better looking every time I see her."