Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Cruxshadows got robbed (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=19600)

Despanan 01-30-2010 11:52 AM

The Cruxshadows got robbed

I can't believe no one has posted a thread about this yet, but yeah, it happened...They were like Hardcore Robbed.
Quote:

While in New York City, shortly after landing, the guys and girls decided to stop for a bit of sushi. I’m sure the trip was a long one so I know they were hungry. In the fifteen minutes that they were inside the restaurant someone managed to completely remove their van’s locks. Pretty much everything of value, plus some, had been stolen. This includes all of the band members’ personal laptops, much of the stage equipment, numerous iPods, and even their entire earnings from the previous tour. All gone. It truly is an incredible blow to the band and a financial loss likely more than what a lot of us make in a year.

Renatus 01-30-2010 12:28 PM

Wow, I wonder if Rogue is going to ask for help from his family.

Despanan 01-30-2010 02:36 PM

Dunno.

Man can you imagine something like that? Having nearly everything crucial to your career, and what I suppose amounts to six-months worth of pay stolen in less than half an hour?

I hope they catch those fuckers.

PortraitOfSanity 01-30-2010 02:57 PM

That sucks, but that's what you get for going to New York...

Despanan 01-30-2010 03:29 PM

Hey, wait a minute! I went to New York!

WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL MY STUFF GO?!

Ophelia's Snorkel 01-30-2010 04:37 PM

I heard about this, and the band sounded bravely upbeat under the circumstances. That would suck royally to have that happen, especially having the laptops gone! The thieves ought to be strangled with Cruxshadows' cables and cords.

Pineapple_Juice 01-31-2010 02:04 PM

Damn that blows. Why would they have all that money just chilling in the van?

blindNsect 01-31-2010 02:07 PM

No insurance?

Methadrine 01-31-2010 04:07 PM

Their entire earnings from the previous tour? They've never heard of these nice buildings called banks?

Renatus 01-31-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methadrine (Post 598317)
Their entire earnings from the previous tour? They've never heard of these nice buildings called banks?

Well as it says in the article they had just arrived back in the United States shortly beforehand, maybe they didnt have a chance to stop by the bank. I dont know what policies are for making deposits into your account from an overseas bank that may or may not be of the same bank since I've never been out of the country, not to mention I'm not sure how the all the different venues that they played at payed them.

Despanan 02-01-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindNsect (Post 598279)
No insurance?

I'd assume they had insurance, but they are on an independent label, so lets hope they weren't cutting corners.

blindNsect 02-01-2010 09:29 AM

FuknIdiots

Man In Room 5 02-01-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan (Post 598143)
Hey, wait a minute! I went to New York!

Ha! You've just become the main suspect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice (Post 598276)
Why would they have all that money just chilling in the van?

Ironically, I bet they thought it was safer than carrying it. We've all been told before not to carry large amounts of cash in big cities where we'll either lose it or get mugged.

Mir 02-01-2010 06:15 PM

It is safer not carrying it around with you. Think about it. Coming back to find your money gone vs. a gun shoved in your face asking for your money. One wrong move and you`re gone.

Meh. They`re still alive.

This reminds me to go and listen to some DMX.