Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Finally? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11834)

MitsyMayhem 08-11-2008 02:01 AM

Finally?

I keep hearing Orgy might be coming back together this year?
True or false?
Any Orgy fans have any info?
Because this is driving me crazy. XD

PortraitOfSanity 08-11-2008 06:31 AM

Wow I hadn't heard about that, I really hope it's true, I'm a huge fan. I'll have to look into that later, I'll let you know if I find anything.

IsolatedReptile 08-11-2008 08:10 PM

While I really hope so, I'm terribly afraid it won't live up to any dreams I might have for a new album from them. I loved the first one, hated the second, and found the third to be perfectly average. If there is a fourth one on the way, I'm not going to hold my breath but I will check it out not long after it comes out in the hopes that it's nearly as awesome as the first.

MitsyMayhem 08-12-2008 12:44 AM

I enjoyed the first. But I preferred "Vapor Transmission". I don't know, just liked it better. I can agree with the mediocrity of the third though. Yet, I still like them all.

Keep looking. People are saying it. Which doesn't make it true.
And Wiki says it, which doesn't make it true
, since idiots can edit Wiki.

meezerosity 08-12-2008 01:11 AM

That would be amazing if they did. I loved Candyass, the only song on Vapor Transmission that didn't annoy me after a while was Fiction, probably because it was so damn catchy. Do post any information you might have, they're overdue for some good new material if they get back together.

KontanKarite 08-12-2008 01:24 AM

The first was good, the second was awesome. The third album was pure shit. :(

But hey, if they go back to their roots as like the first album and a bit like their second, it should be fucking awesome.

MitsyMayhem 08-12-2008 01:34 AM

http://tags.lyricsfreak.com/Jay+Gordon/

"Presently, Orgy is still an active band, although all members remain constantly busy with numerous side projects as well."

Sigh. All I've found so far.
They have to get back together...
When they actually played venues I was too young to attend, and didn't even know about them. Sort of how like I missed The Beatles and everything else.
Sometimes I hate being young.
At least I didn't miss Depeche Mode.
Heck. I'm willing to write a petition...

KontanKarite 08-12-2008 01:28 PM

Orgy isn't nearly as glamorous as they were in the beginning. A lot of their appeal was their freaky sex appeal. OMG. They had a stage presence. Very much a fusion of goth fashion, glam saturation, and a dash of snobby chic.

They're kinda old now and from what I've seen, they don't really reflect their youth very well these days. Jay Gordon kinda looks like a mess these days. It's a shame.

KontanKarite 08-12-2008 01:36 PM

I must say though, if you like this kind of sound, check out Deadsy.

They're not exactly like Orgy, but they share a lot of the same flavors. I recommend you listen to Commencement.

MitsyMayhem 08-12-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Orgy isn't nearly as glamorous as they were in the beginning. A lot of their appeal was their freaky sex appeal. OMG. They had a stage presence. Very much a fusion of goth fashion, glam saturation, and a dash of snobby chic.

They're kinda old now and from what I've seen, they don't really reflect their youth very well these days. Jay Gordon kinda looks like a mess these days. It's a shame.

Agreed. I've watched shows online, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to seeing them live.

Oh yes. He has that side project too. Which I haven't listened too yet.
Are Julien-K any good? Or are they are water-down version of orgy, or completely different?

I haven't seen him recently...I need to go look. He was really good looking as a younger man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I must say though, if you like this kind of sound, check out Deadsy.

They're not exactly like Orgy, but they share a lot of the same flavors. I recommend you listen to Commencement.

Thank you. =)
I love music recommendations.
I'm hopping too it.