Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Most painful piercing? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=7514)

XxZanexX 09-27-2007 09:08 PM

Most painful piercing?

I can only imagine that genital piercings would be incredibly painful. :S

Luckily I don't want one! I want an industrial piercing. Well, one in each ear, to be exact. I've been reading BME and they seem to be known as some of the most painful piercings you can get.

I was wondering what the most painful piercing y'all have gotten is?

And if you do have an industrial piercing: What was so painful about it? The actual piercing, the healing process, or another aspect? (And y'all can answer this about other piercings too.)

I don't remember getting my lobes done as I was only a small child but the only other piercing I've had done is a labret which didn't really hurt much at all. The foerster clamps were more painful than the needle.

Anarasha 09-27-2007 11:19 PM

Only piercing I have so far is the one in my eyebrow *points at avatar*
Didn't really hurt.

Cen0bite 09-27-2007 11:19 PM

hmm..well, i only have the standard lobes and i just got my eyebrow done on the first of this month. But i have to say, the eyebrow hurt a bit. And my eye started to get watery. Most likely because i sorta flinched when the guy was doing it and he had to do it over.

As far as the healing, it's been doing ok. i've actually bumped it quite alot. i'm surprised i haven't accidently tore it out yet. And sleeping is bit of a pain simply because i opted for a ring instead of the barbell. so it gets bumped around at night sometimes..it doesn't really hurt that bad, just stings a little.
You can tell it's tore just a tiny bit. but i'm hopefully going to get it changed to a barbell whenever it's completely healed.

Anarasha 09-27-2007 11:25 PM

Ouch.. That must have hurt o.o
But yeah, bumping it kinda hurts :P mine's been infected until now so it's only just healing now o.o

XxZanexX 09-27-2007 11:27 PM

My labret had all sorts of problems. The guy put in too short of a bar so it embedded and I had to fix that, then it had a small infection. Right about the time it actually healed I ended up having to take it out. :(

I'm going to get the two industrials separately so I can sleep on my side, like I do. If I had a healing piercing in both ears sleeping would be a real pain, pun fully intended. ;P

Sir Canvas Corpsey 09-28-2007 01:31 AM

Now I haven't had any piercing done but according to a dear friend of mine (she has 7 piercings in one ear and i think at least two in the other, an eyebrow, a tongue and a belly button at one point) the tongue piercing hurt the most, not so much the actual piercing but the day after and from then on for a little while, course she was trying to conceal it from her parents which meant she was eating solid food (a big no no XD)

TopHaggardDoll 09-28-2007 04:54 PM

My septum...hurt more then ANYTHING I have ever experienced.

It was hilarious.

XxZanexX 09-28-2007 05:05 PM

Okay, funny (angering) story; my sister just went out shopping a few hours ago and came back with an industrial piercing. I'm sooooooooo jealous. :( She beat me to the punch. >.<

But regardless, I'm still going to get one. :)

NachtSorcier 09-28-2007 05:18 PM

The only thing I've got pierced so far is my left earlobe, and the actual piercing didn't hurt at all. The healing process sucked a little bit, but it was pretty easy. It got irritated and red a few times, but sea salt solution helped.

I hear cartilidge hurts more than the lobe, is that true? I'd like to get two in my cartilidge eventually.

kwaniesiam 09-28-2007 06:51 PM

Really it depends on your body and individual pain tolerance as to how much a piercing will hurt. Some areas are more sensitive than others. My eyebrow (since retired) hurt like a bitch the second time around, first time it got tore out at a show it wasn't that bad actually getting it. I couldn't even feel my navel or nostril. Cartilage for me isn't so much more painful as it just takes longer to heal and can be pissy along the way. There's also a weird crunch/popping noise. Make sure you go to a good, experienced piercer and I also reccomend using a straight barbell as initial jewerly if you're getting a helix since sometimes the curve of a ring can irritate it during healing. Also NEVER use a gun at the mall for any piercing those are evil >.<
http://www.safepiercing.org/FAQ.html

To the OP: If you want an industrial, get one but I'd say only get one side at a time unless you sleep on your back ALL THE TIME. Mine didn't bother me that much, but I trust my piercer with anything and it was over very quick. It's a LOT less painful than getting your helix done with a gun (made the mistake 6 years ago before I knew better, damn bump never went away). Healing is more tricky. For that I layed my head down into a bowl of warm sea salt water to soak and used a hot chamomile teabag as a compress when it got unhappy. They're prone to hypertrophic scarring so don't worry if they get a little bumpy, it's usually all part of the process. HTH

NachtSorcier 09-28-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
Really it depends on your body and individual pain tolerance as to how much a piercing will hurt. Some areas are more sensitive than others. My eyebrow (since retired) hurt like a bitch the second time around, first time it got tore out at a show it wasn't that bad actually getting it. I couldn't even feel my navel or nostril. Cartilage for me isn't so much more painful as it just takes longer to heal and can be pissy along the way. There's also a weird crunch/popping noise. Make sure you go to a good, experienced piercer and I also reccomend using a straight barbell as initial jewerly if you're getting a helix since sometimes the curve of a ring can irritate it during healing. Also NEVER use a gun at the mall for any piercing those are evil >.<
http://www.safepiercing.org/FAQ.html

Trust me, when I had my lobe done I learned a few things from the very smart lady who did it. I had had the same lobe pierced when I was nine by a dumb lady at the mall armed with a gun and she fucked it up royally. The smart lady used a straight needle which hurt less and told me to use mild soap and warm water to clean it instead of that crappy cleaner stuff. When I get more I'll be going back to the smart lady.

LadyLucretia 09-28-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxZanexX
I can only imagine that genital piercings would be incredibly painful. :S

And if you do have an industrial piercing: What was so painful about it? The actual piercing, the healing process, or another aspect? (And y'all can answer this about other piercings too.)

I have just about everything pierced. My septum hurt the most, but *ahem* certain other piercings were far worse during healing. Don't ever get two very painful piercings in the same sitting, trust me ;).

After 9 cartilage piercings (no industrials, but I've had two done at once in the same area) I would say the healing is the worst part. The swelling, the throbbing pain, the pain if you accidentally catch your hair in it...it's rough.

XxZanexX 09-28-2007 08:53 PM

Well maybe it's good I get boy haircuts then. :D

I've decided to jump the gun and get the piercing tonight. Sometime within the next three hours. I don't want to go alone so I'm getting the girl I like to come with me. Pictures later, if y'all wanna see em. :)

DefinedRapture 09-28-2007 09:12 PM

My ex boyfriend got his septum done.. There i met a guy whos face was paltered with an array of erm, well yeah, piercing. He insisted that this was in the top 3 of most painful.

Tongues = cake. Didnt hurt a bit for me. Only thing that did was the clamp they used, and the fact i had to help him HOLD the clamp while doing it.. but man, he had the sexiest of bluest eyes one could ever see.. *trails off*

kwaniesiam 09-28-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Trust me, when I had my lobe done I learned a few things from the very smart lady who did it. I had had the same lobe pierced when I was nine by a dumb lady at the mall armed with a gun and she fucked it up royally. The smart lady used a straight needle which hurt less and told me to use mild soap and warm water to clean it instead of that crappy cleaner stuff. When I get more I'll be going back to the smart lady.

Yay for the smart lady! Most of my piercings are DIY(except nostril, industrial, and retired tragus) but I researched and used proper tools/high quality anatometal jewerly, plus took it to be autoclaved before using. It wasn't a cost/convience issue, it just had a more personal meaning for me to pierce myself. I really want an anti-gun t-shirt like BME used to sell before the lawsuits. Seriously, at what point did human existance start to gravitate toward guns? Sorry, but I'm going to be a professional tattoo artist, and things like that bother me.

XxZanexX, of course we want pictures :) Let us know how it goes.

XxZanexX 09-29-2007 12:12 AM

C'est done. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have a crush on the girl I brought with me and I think I just wanted to appear tough or something because she'd been talking about how people whine way too much when they get pierced. So I barely made a sound. :D

We're uncomfortably close . . . to my right ear.<== Click

thedoll 09-29-2007 12:26 AM

i heard septum and the vertical industrial hurt the most...

Breathless Horror 09-29-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxZanexX
C'est done. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I have a crush on the girl I brought with me and I think I just wanted to appear tough or something because she'd been talking about how people whine way too much when they get pierced. So I barely made a sound. :D

We're uncomfortably close . . . to my right ear.<== Click

Um...this could just be me, but I think some of the flesh on your ear is purple O_o. Other than that being a little disquieting, very nice!

XxZanexX 09-29-2007 09:10 AM

Yeah, it's the marker they used to make sure the placement was good. ;P

kwaniesiam 09-29-2007 06:04 PM

Looks good and congrats! Now I have the piercing bug again...I really want a septum but my parents will kill me if I get anymore visible ones. That purple stuff is just genetian violet, which is what a lot of places use to mark for piercings.

roserougesang 09-29-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaniesiam
Cartilage for me isn't so much more painful as it just takes longer to heal and can be pissy along the way. There's also a weird crunch/popping noise.

A while ago one of my friends self-pierced the top of the ear with a (sterilized) safety pin. I agree about the popping noise. It was a tad disturbing. ><

XxZanexX 09-29-2007 07:07 PM

Yeah, the crunch noise. *shudder* I wrote up the story for BME and the whole bit can be found here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=314430769

But yeah, an excerpt:

She told me to breathe in, little pinch, breathe out because this was the "crunchy part," big pinch. The first hole was made. She was using two needles and switched to the second needle here. Meanwhile another one of the piercers asked if she wanted more light, though it was lit fine in my opinion. She said no and they discussed it for a minute and I wanted badly to shout "I'm in pain, quit talking and get it over with!" but didn't, of course.

She told me to breathe in again and this time it was a big pinch. Breathe, breathe, I guess I'd stopped breathing in an effort to ward off the pain. Now was the really crunchy part she told me and I took a deep breath and opened my eyes and took note of the girl I'd brought with me and the excruciating pain that followed will always make me remember her, I think.

That crunchy part was definitely the worst.

kwaniesiam 09-30-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roserougesang
A while ago one of my friends self-pierced the top of the ear with a (sterilized) safety pin. I agree about the popping noise. It was a tad disturbing. ><

Safety pins make me shudder...

I think the worst for me was getting the popping noise on my eyebrow even though it didn't hurt a bit. It was almost like the sound was reminding me I just poked a needle through my face ;)

LadyLucretia 09-30-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roserougesang

How did they sterilize it? I can't imagine a piercing studio letting you autoclave it.

kwaniesiam 09-30-2007 03:08 PM

Lady Lucretia, I was thinking the same but didn't want to say anything that might stir up arguing, but since it's been mentioned... Alcohol/peroxide/boiling doesn't make something sterile. It may sanitize it, but that wouldn't kill any blood-born diseases that could have been harboring on it. I'm not against DIY, just please make sure you use proper sterile tools and single-use needles plus heavily research beforehand and be prepared to deal with any consequences.