Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Spooky News (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Man rips out his eyes in Church (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25491)

Sir Canvas Corpsey 10-03-2011 07:05 PM

Man rips out his eyes in Church

Man rips out his eyeballs in church
October 4, 2011 - 10:07AM

A man reportedly ripped out his own eyeballs during Sunday Mass at a church in Viareggio, near Pisa, northern Italy, according to British news reports.

Aldo Bianchini, 46, a Briton who had lived most of his life in Italy, according to The Daily Mail, reportedly stood up during the Mass at St Andrea's and used his bare hands to tear out his eyeballs. He then collapsed on the floor in a pool of his own blood.

Mr Bianchini's mother tried to help him as the priest called for help, The Sun reports.

He later told doctors — calmly and lucidly — that he was hearing voices, Fox News reports.

The priest, Rev Lorenzo Tanganelli, told Italian newspaper Corriere Fiorentino that "this man at the back of the nave started tearing at his face and I realised he was gouging out his eyes ... I called for assistance and the paramedics were quickly at the scene, and he was taken away and then I carried on celebrating Mass, but a lot of people had left because they were so shocked by what they had seen."

Emergency responders picked up his eyeballs from the floor of the church, Fox reports, but surgeons were unable to save his sight.

The Sun quotes Dr Gino Barbacci as saying: "To do that requires superhuman strength."

In the Bible's Gospel of St Matthew, Jesus says: "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

Viareggio, population 64,000, is a city in northern Tuscany, on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea.

AAP

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/man-r...#ixzz1Zm5dlzqj

Grausamkeit 10-03-2011 07:22 PM

What if the part of your body that causes you to sin is your favourite part?

Kasdeja 10-03-2011 09:03 PM

Hahahahhaha!!! That's fucking awesome!

I like the part about the priest continuing the mass even though most of the people had left.

Versus 10-03-2011 10:05 PM

Disturbing. spookyblacktext

Mr.Doobie 10-03-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasdeja (Post 681079)
hahahahhaha!!! That's fucking awesome!

I like the part about the priest continuing the mass even though most of the people had left.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

The mentally disturbed physically handicapping themselves for life is hilarious!

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Kasdeja 10-03-2011 10:55 PM

Pretty much, yeah...

Not my fault if some nutjob rips out his eyeballs...

Mr.Doobie 10-03-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681099)
Pretty much, yeah...

Your lack of empathy is soooooooooo high school goth, kasdeja...

Or should I say... ELYSTAN!?!?!?!!?!?

I'm watching you.

Kasdeja 10-03-2011 11:11 PM

My empathy has been sucked away. I don't need to answer to any of you. And I couldn't give less of a shit if someone's watching me.
What're they gonna do? Post?

Mr.Doobie 10-03-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681103)
My empathy has been sucked away.

Awwww. Did the principal yell at you for running in the halls again?

It's ok, I know it's hard to be all teenaged and misunderstood and stuff.

But anyway, back to topic, are we sure this whole thing is legit? The Daily Mail, the Sun, and Faux News aren't exactly the most trustworthy of sources, know what I mean?

Kasdeja 10-03-2011 11:33 PM

Like before, I think it's all propaganda...

Sir Canvas Corpsey 10-03-2011 11:36 PM

The Age is an Aussie paper and it's pretty trustworthy.

Grausamkeit 10-04-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681099)
Pretty much, yeah...

You're fucked in the head if you think mental illness is funny. Obviously you've never known someone seriously disturbed or you're just such a cold heartless cunt that you can't feel empathy towards another human.

I pity you.

*Twitch 10-04-2011 04:30 PM

I was about to tell Kasdeja to fuck herself with something large, hard, and spiny, but thank you Graus for doin' it better.

Grausamkeit 10-04-2011 08:08 PM

No problem, dude. I got this. ;)

areseanL 10-04-2011 10:19 PM

People think this is really disturbing, they never thought someone would really do this. I already read some articles about this, hope I can share one of it here. A male picked out his own eyeballs in an Italian chapel Sunday. The scene was hauntingly similar to the closing of a Roger Corman horror film. The man reportedly was affected by voices in his head. The man, recovering in a medical center, will never see again. Resource for this article: Man plucks out his eyes with bare hands in Italian church. The first time I read this I really had the impression that he needs a serious medical attention but this kind of stories makes me really interested.

Mr.Doobie 10-05-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grausamkeit (Post 681127)
You're fucked in the head if you think mental illness is funny. Obviously you've never known someone seriously disturbed or you're just such a cold heartless cunt that you can't feel empathy towards another human.

I pity you.

More likely? He/she's a teenage snot that wants everyone to think he/she's a cold, heartless cunt. Because that's edgy and cool and stuff.

Grausamkeit 10-05-2011 07:43 AM

I still pity the fool who thinks laughing at another person's misery is cool.

http://billyjoesboy.com/wp-content/u...-t-250x275.jpg

Kasdeja 10-05-2011 02:12 PM

Due to my lack of apathy and the understanding that this man was totally in control of his faculties when this happened, YES, I am amused.

Alan 10-05-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681231)
Due to my lack of apathy

Don't use words when you don't know what they mean. You're impressing no one.

Kasdeja 10-05-2011 04:57 PM

I don't care if I'm impressing anybody. I'm just here to be here... like everyone
else. And that word should have been empathy. Oh, well. Too late to amend the other post.

Grausamkeit 10-05-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681247)
I don't care if I'm impressing anybody. I'm just here to be here... like everyone
else. And that word should have been empathy. Oh, well. Too late to amend the other post.

You're a dimwitted fucktard. We are here as a community, for the most part. The reason we are on here is to interact with one another. We care about others here and we have a fair amount of empathy for our fellow Humans, especially the ones who have no control of their mental faculties, as most people suffering from schizophrenia(and other mental illnesses) do not.

Sometimes we get the occasional dumbass that thinks they're gonna be cool by being racist and worshiping psychopaths. They come in here thinking that they're going to impress us with their APATHY and we're gonna tremble with awe at their boldness! No. We do not want people like you in our community. You're just stupid and the biggest concern is that people might think all of us are as dumb as you.

AshleyO 10-05-2011 07:40 PM

Honestly...

I find that they quoted that part of the bible to be in bad taste. The man was sick. :( I feel really bad for him.

AshleyO 10-05-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grausamkeit (Post 681286)
You're a dimwitted fucktard. We are here as a community, for the most part. The reason we are on here is to interact with one another. We care about others here and we have a fair amount of empathy for our fellow Humans, especially the ones who have no control of their mental faculties, as most people suffering from schizophrenia(and other mental illnesses) do not.

Sometimes we get the occasional dumbass that thinks they're gonna be cool by being racist and worshiping psychopaths. They come in here thinking that they're going to impress us with their APATHY and we're gonna tremble with awe at their boldness! No. We do not want people like you in our community. You're just stupid and the biggest concern is that people might think all of us are as dumb as you.

I used to not like you. That changed.

Kasdeja 10-05-2011 07:46 PM

Like I said before, Grausy, I don't care what you and "the community for the most part think. I guess I'm in that other part, and I like it just fine. You're not getting anywhere, just like all the times before. Move on.

AshleyO 10-05-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasdeja (Post 681296)
Like I said before, Grausy, I don't care what you and "the community for the most part think. I guess I'm in that other part, and I like it just fine. You're not getting anywhere, just like all the times before. Move on.

You're 33 years old and you don't know what apathy means. Did you know that?