Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "Industrial" ear piercing (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3768)

c130 10-01-2006 10:40 AM

"Industrial" ear piercing

Has anyone here had an industrial done? Did it hurt a lot? How much was it?

I really fancy getting one, but it would be my first piercing. :3

kitten 10-01-2006 11:22 AM

I have one! It wasnt unbearable to get done, but it DID hurt, I wont lie. But I muct not have been that bad, cause I didnt cry and I have a low tollerance for pain. Mine was 50.00, but you also need Benodine, which is like another 10.00. so yeah, about 60.00 - 70.00 depending on the place. Im thinking about getting a Labre. :)

c130 10-01-2006 11:26 AM

Is that dollars or pounds? :p

Ahhh a labret is the other one I'm interested in. Maybe after the industrial, maybe instead of it. You'll let me know how yours goes, if you get it done before I do? ;)

kitten 10-01-2006 11:31 AM

not likely to get that one anytime soon. lol Im only 16 (17 in dec) and my mom wont let me get anything done while she has any say in it. The dumb thing is, she will let me get a tattoo now, before IM 17, yet she wont let me have piercings.

Thats in Dollars, lol.

DarkHeartedDemoness 10-01-2006 12:06 PM

See, but if you get a tattoo on many parts of your body, you can cover it and get a job. If you get a labret piercing, you're less likely to get certain jobs, and when you're 16 it's kind of hard to be picky about which job you take. Maybe that's her thought process? I know that's how my dad justified it to me when I wanted my eyebrow done.

kitten 10-01-2006 12:50 PM

i guess your right, lol. maybe thats part of it. her arguments are health reasons, lol. I dont get it. Tattos are more of a health risk tham most piercings. its not like Im asking for a Body Mod or somthing, lol.

DarkHeartedDemoness 10-01-2006 01:01 PM

Actually, there have been studies done that a labret piercing could potentially push on your gum in the wrong place and push your teeth out of alignment... And braces are fucking expensive.

c130 10-01-2006 01:19 PM

Doesn't a labret use a small flat disc on the inside of your lip, rather than a ball type end? I'd imagine chipping the enamel on your teeth would be a greater risk.

DarkHeartedDemoness 10-01-2006 01:39 PM

It's supposed to, but people are dumbasses and wear the wrong jewelry in the wrong piercings.

kitten 10-01-2006 01:49 PM

i never thought of that opushing out your teeth, lol. I went through 3 1/2 years of braces and 2 years of sleeping with plastic in my mouth. not gunna ruin it with a labre, lol. maybe a niplle piercing....lol, no.

Neurosis 10-02-2006 06:15 AM

Industrial piercings are getting very common now. Here in New York, there are many people with jobs who have Industrial piercings. They are becoming socially acceptable.

From what I have heard, they will not cost more than $35 USD. All piercings hurt, there is no way around it except anesthesia. :P I actually want to get my septum done soon enough.

Also, watch out for piercing guns. Industrials are meant for piercing needles, not guns. Before going to your nearest piercing shop, consult with others to find out who does the best piercings. Depending on the person, you will have less pain, and less time to heal properly. With that person, you will entrust that everything will be sanitized and done properly. That is what's most important: finding a piercer who has gotten the best of reviews.

--Neurosis

DarkHeartedDemoness 10-02-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurosis
Also, watch out for piercing guns. Industrials are meant for piercing needles, not guns.

Very true, and this doesn't pertain solely to the Industrial piercing. See, a piercing gun will simply force itself through your tissue, whereas a piercist at a tattoo parlor will use a hollow needle. A hollow needle will create a clean hole, leading to less scarring or chance of infection. It's not quite as vital that you use a hollow needle on the bottom of your lobe, but I've spoken to people who have had their ears pierced both ways and those who used a needle found it a great deal less painful to gauge their ears.

kitten 10-02-2006 04:00 PM

I had this stupid person at my school comment on mine, and then went out and used her moms peircing gun, did 2 holes and shoved an industrial bar through. Itgot infected and gross, lol. I told her your not supposed to usea piercing gun, and shes like "I didnt, I had mine done perfessionaly. I was like, bullshit, anyone who is a professional wouldnt use a piercing gun to do an indusrial, lol.

anyway, Iv peirced my own cartalige with a needle, and nothing bad happened. I think it also depends on the person whenh it comes to infections. My friend had her eyebrow ring in for 2 years, and she changed it one day, like normal, and it ended up infected.

c130 10-02-2006 11:35 PM

lmao, sounds like she's overflowing with common sense.

I don't think I'd let someone come anywhere near *any* part of my body with a piercing gun. >_> I just don't understand why anyone uses one of those things. o_O

PersephoneX 10-03-2006 05:02 AM

the most painful thing i've had done was my nipple ring...other than that i've had 13 different piercings excluding the ones i had redone...piercings dont hurt, but infections do!

kitten 10-03-2006 10:19 AM

my industrial got a little infected once, I have a little bump on the back now. It DOES hurt alot to get an infection. I mean, its not that hard to just clean the darn thing. mine got infected cause it got hit and I think it ripped a tiny little bit.

c130 10-03-2006 10:25 AM

I talked to the guy in my college class who has one. He said it doesn't hurt much, it's 25 pounds, and he's had all his piercings (more than 10) done in a shop here in Paisley...

If I get it, I guess it'll just be a matter of keeping it clean and not touching or poking it, and it should go fine.

UltraNEO* 10-03-2006 11:05 AM

Hi c130,

Know anyone who would pierce the actual lip, not the labre?

c130 10-03-2006 11:45 AM

Umm, I wouldn't know personally because this will be my own first piercing, but I'm guessing most experienced piercers will do your lip. Have you asked your locals?

UltraNEO* 10-03-2006 11:57 AM

yeah.. they said 'they prefer not to pierce the lip' dunno why... like when i had my labrets done, they wouldn't do them into the corner... just thought it's odd.

surely if a client wishes to have something done, and they're prepared to pay, they shouldn't worry too much - unless there's a underlying health risk. well they didn't explain. maybe i'll ask them again.

c130 10-03-2006 01:55 PM

You could print out some info about lip piercings and take it to them to show them what you want.

However it sounds like they may be nervous about doing it because they've never done one before, so it might still be a good idea to have a look around and see if you can find a more experienced body artist to do it for you.

c130 10-03-2006 04:13 PM

Saturday's the day. My friend will come along with me to get her lobes re-pierced, and I'll get my industrial. Then we'll be off to Glasgow to pick up stuff for our Halloween costumes. :D

kitten 10-04-2006 01:29 PM

LUCKY YOU!!! youl love your industrial. I swear.

c130 10-08-2006 03:05 AM

I got it done, woo! And it looks awsome. Can't photograph it yet tho, camera's out of action. >_>

What an experience for my first piercing, lmao. Was really nervous going to get it done, tried not to show it though. Was led into a tiny little room just big enough to hold a two-foot-wide flat bed thing, the table of tools, and the piercer herself. Lay down, nose almost pressed against the wall, and she drew the marks. Didn't feel the pen, just her fingers. Had no anaesthetic. Then she poked the needle through the first hole, then the second, in one go, which felt really wierd but didn't hurt excruciatingly. I didn't hear the pop or crunch noise that other people have experienced, but that might be related to how she told me my cartrige is the thinnest she's ever pierced, lmao. So she threaded the bar through, screwed the end bit on, and un-crumpled my ear (which really did hurt). Two minutes from start to finish. Took longer for her to do my friend's lobes; I don't think they do too many traditional piercings these days. :D

Nearly fainted after being on my feet after it for a minute though lol. The world went dark and I kinda stumbled down onto a stool while my friend was done. Felt fine after that, then stood up and nearly fainted again on the way out the shop (the piercer I went to is a tiny little place called Tribe 4 right at the back of a mosher store in glasgow, about 30 metres from the door, so a real gauntlet for someone almost blacking out...) So I sat outside the door like a homeless person to recover while she went to buy me some water. It wasn't that it hurt, because it didn't, it was just the shock that overcame me lol. I'm such a freaking wuss. :3

c130 10-08-2006 09:14 AM

/update

Sister's camera works. Here's a close-up. :D

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1...ustrialom4.jpg