Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Not new, but never introduced (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14292)

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-11-2009 07:21 PM

Not new, but never introduced

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) - Photography, read, stargaze (no job)

2. Where are you from? - Somewhere I'd rather not mention

3. Who is your favorite author? - Too many to list

4. What are your favorite films? - Too many to list

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? - Er..

6. At your funeral? - (I'm gonna get bashed for this) anything by My Chemical Romance

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? - No idea, still thinking about it

8. What kind of casket would you want? - Hmm...

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? - Don't have one- my clothes suck ass

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? - Not having any cares or worries

11. What's your favorite band? - (Again, I'm gonna get bashed) My Chemical Romance

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - Finished high school, off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now (Although I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something)

13. Why did you join? I was bored

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female

tekajo 01-11-2009 07:23 PM

Rather than simply sayng "too many to list" why don't you give us a kind of sampling?

Saya 01-11-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Angel_Of_Darkness~
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - Finished high school, off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now (Although I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something)

O.O What kind of college offers majors in all those fields?

ToToTrainWr3ck 01-11-2009 07:39 PM

You like MyChem

I like you.

HOWDEE ^-^

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-11-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekajo
Rather than simply sayng "too many to list" why don't you give us a kind of sampling?

'Cause I can't choose even a few to name. But I'll just say in short, I am obsessed with anything Tim Burton.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
O.O What kind of college offers majors in all those fields?

Not many, so I'm gonna be transferring a lot. :-/
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToToTrainWr3ck
You like MyChem

I like you.

HOWDEE ^-^

Hello, fellow MCR fan.

girasol 01-11-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Not many, so I'm gonna be transferring a lot. :-/

you could probably do a double degree - but perhaps not with all of those units...
maybe you could do a separate course in photography or one of the others you have listed - as an extra...

Arts degrees where people have taken a unit from this and a unit from that - don't look great on a resume when applying for jobs. If you are doing it just for kicks... then why not...

Saya 01-11-2009 08:22 PM

As far as I know there are few "Egyptology" undergrad programs, I'd be skeptical if there was anyway, usually its a grad program for those with archaeology degrees.

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-11-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girasol
you could probably do a double degree - but perhaps not with all of those units...
maybe you could do a separate course in photography or one of the others you have listed - as an extra...

Arts degrees where people have taken a unit from this and a unit from that - don't look great on a resume when applying for jobs. If you are doing it just for kicks... then why not...

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. I'll just have to see how it turns out.

I'm not doing it for kicks, I want a career in at least two of those things. Maybe three. :|
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
As far as I know there are few "Egyptology" undergrad programs, I'd be skeptical if there was anyway, usually its a grad program for those with archaeology degrees.

I found ONE college with it as an undergrad program, I can't remember where...

Godslayer Jillian 01-11-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

off to college to do Photography, Philosophy, Astronomy, English, hopefully Palaeontology and maybe Egyptology and Interior Design...I think that's it...for now

Do you even understand how the college system works?

JCC 01-12-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

11. What's your favorite band? - (Again, I'm gonna get bashed) My Chemical Romance
Quote:

'Cause I can't choose even a few to name. But I'll just say in short, I am obsessed with anything Tim Burton.
Fuck, you got a bad deal in life.

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-12-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Do you even understand how the college system works?

Yes I do. I never said I want to do them all in one college or at one time. Those are the subjects I am interested in. I'm ambitious, so sue me?
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
Fuck, you got a bad deal in life.

Just cos I don't like what you think is good? Uh huh. Don't care.

JCC 01-12-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Just cos I don't like what you think is good?

Precisely. Maybe you've been brought up to believe that "you're a unique snowflake in a sea of other unique snowflakes and you all have your own intrinsic worth" stuff, but you'll soon come to acknowledge that any opinions that conflict with mine are wrong.

Godslayer Jillian 01-12-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Yes I do. I never said I want to do them all in one college or at one time. Those are the subjects I am interested in. I'm ambitious, so sue me?

Doing all that will literally take you over twenty years just to have a mediocre understanding in them if what you really want is to pursue them as majors.
That's not ambition; that's ignorance.

Necrophagist 01-12-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
Precisely. Maybe you've been brought up to believe that "you're a unique snowflake in a sea of other unique snowflakes and you all have your own intrinsic worth" stuff, but you'll soon come to acknowledge that any opinions that conflict with mine are wrong.

*rolls eyes*

Devil's Darling 01-12-2009 04:05 PM

Interior Design is quite interesting :) I actually wanted to do interior design until I saw that everybody wanted to try it...not 'cuz they liked it just 'cuz it's "cool" and of course i don't stand a chance to that kind of people who pay to get in.Money always wins over talent.

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-12-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC

No I haven't been raised to believe anything like that. I just don't give a shit.
Quote:

Doing all that will literally take you over twenty years just to have a mediocre understanding in them if what you really want is to pursue them as majors.
That's not ambition; that's ignorance.

I said I am interested in them. I never said I could do it all. And trust me, I don't need a mediocre understanding in any of those things. I'm already quite advanced.

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-12-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil's Darling
Interior Design is quite interesting :) I actually wanted to do interior design until I saw that everybody wanted to try it...not 'cuz they liked it just 'cuz it's "cool" and of course i don't stand a chance to that kind of people who pay to get in.Money always wins over talent.

Oh, really? I didn't realise it was so popular. I just love to design rooms and houses. I'm told I have an eye for it. Antique style is my specialty.

Godslayer Jillian 01-12-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

I said I am interested in them. I never said I could do it all. And trust me, I don't need a mediocre understanding in any of those things. I'm already quite advanced.

IF you meant that I apologize, but that's still not how it reads.
You said you're going to college to do all of the above.
That's not going to happen.
And it doesn't matter how interested you are in them; your level of understanding can't compare to the one of someone that dedicates themselves specifically to each of those fields as a real scholar.

Joker_in_the_Pack 01-13-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

And it doesn't matter how interested you are in them; your level of understanding can't compare to the one of someone that dedicates themselves specifically to each of those fields as a real scholar.

A jack of all trades, a master of none.

Maxim_Macabre 01-13-2009 02:02 AM

Your taste in music is rather pathetic, especially considering your age.

PinstripesAndPithHelmets 01-13-2009 02:53 AM

Welcome to the boards. I hope that you enjoy your studies.

~Angel_Of_Darkness~ 01-14-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

I did not say I was going to do them all! How many times must I point that out? I am going to do the first four. I have already spoken to colleges about it.
Quote:

After that, I say 'HOPEFULLY'. It's just a whim, I assure you. I just also really love those subjects and hope to pursue them further. Is that so hard to understand?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxim_Macabre
Your taste in music is rather pathetic, especially considering your age.

And I should care that you think that because why?
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Welcome to the boards. I hope that you enjoy your studies.

Thank you.

Godslayer Jillian 01-14-2009 01:00 PM

I really doubt you're going to major in all those four.

bulletsinmyhead 02-16-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil's Darling
Money always wins over talent.

I agree. What a lovely world we live in.

DRM 02-16-2009 11:11 PM

MCR's not too bad.
But I must say, this intro didn't tell much about you at all.