Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "Rarity from the Hollow: (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=3166)

roberteggleton 06-22-2006 08:02 PM

"Rarity from the Hollow:

Do you like this novel? I got a little conflused but it all came together.

Dreaming Vendetta 06-22-2006 10:18 PM

Sorry to point this out, but shouldn't this thread be in the Literature section rather than Introductions?

Falken 06-23-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberteggleton
Do you like this novel? I got a little conflused but it all came together.

Oh yeah, I'd like to point out as well that your post count is only 1, so where is your fecking introduction? Or did you not bother to read this?

What every newbie to Gothic.Net should do on the Introductions Forum

roberteggleton 06-29-2006 06:20 PM

Sorry. It must have been passion that drew me to madness. Or, maybe it was genetic schizophrenia -- such fun for a fortuneteller, untill they all come back at the same time. They talk so much that I can't understand the omnipotent at the time -- it's jumbled. Sometimes I think that each has ADHD -- continually interrupting each other with off-topic comments. Anyway, depression is refreshing.

Robert Eggleton
"Rarity from the Hollow"

Lady Victoria Pareesis 06-30-2006 12:06 PM

Okay, every random and poinless pointless posts is for the "Randomness" thread.
Where is your introduction?
Falken gave you the link very nicely, why don't you bother to click?

Why don't they ever bother to click?

angel011 06-30-2006 12:37 PM

Because that means they would have to be intelligent and to have some good manners. They can't be bothered with that.

Lady Victoria Pareesis 06-30-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel011
Because that means they would have to be intelligent and to have some good manners. They can't be bothered with that.

Then curse them! And all their simblings!

Morrigan_Dubh 07-04-2006 03:04 AM

Don't you guys recognise self-promotion when you see it?

angel011 07-04-2006 03:09 AM

What's to promote here? :D

roberteggleton 07-08-2006 12:39 PM

That was my introduction. In reply to self-promotion, a satirical essay was published last week by Wingspan Quarterly and its free (www.wingspanquarterly.com).

Robert Eggleton

Morrigan_Dubh 07-10-2006 03:15 AM

There's a place for this sort of thing, Eggman (you don't mind if I call you Eggman, do you? ;) ) - in SHILL.

roberteggleton 07-28-2006 09:17 PM

"I am the Walrus...."

Robert Eggleton

bulletsinmyhead 07-29-2006 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberteggleton
"I am the Walrus...."

Robert Eggleton

Walrus? What's up with that? By the way, you do know there's an Introduction thread, right?

Magpie_Tendencies 07-29-2006 04:35 AM

Bullets - firstly, this is his intro thread. Secondly, this is your first day here and that means that you don't get to rag on the newbs.

roberteggleton 08-02-2006 04:08 PM

It was a quote from a famous psychedlic and preGoth.

Thanks Magpie_Tendencies

Robert Eggleton
"Rarity from the Hollow"

cradle 08-02-2006 04:42 PM

hehe...I like your last name...Eggleton...makes me feel warm inside

roberteggleton 08-09-2006 05:11 PM

I guess you won't read anytime soon

Hope your eyes heal.

Several years ago, I was involved in evaluating a mental health facility -- an old, "secure" place with a tall chain link, rusty, fence that surrounded the "recreation yard." The detained girls started by cutting their forearms, so the staff took everything sharp from their possession -- like pencils, pens, etc. Nevertheless, it progressed until the girls started cutting their faces with anything in the yard -- a rock, a piece of a pop can or plastic spoon.... Beautiful faces with permanent scars -- it became in a competition and preoccupation.

These girls didn't know the word, "Goth." Please don't misrepresent its tradition. It represents a much higher value than a fad and the order does not exist as a venue for individuals to attention seek.

Robert Eggleton
"Rarity from the Hollow"

Minyaliel 08-09-2006 05:41 PM

Oh man, come on, you're not saying that goths are cutters now, are you? I, for one, have never cut or injured myself on purpose, and believe me, I am not the exception. Now, please...!

Godslayer Jillian 08-09-2006 06:33 PM

Well, at least he was addressing cutters, not goths. I think he was saying precisely not to stain the word Goth with wristblood.
If so, I like the way he talks.

roberteggleton 08-10-2006 02:37 PM

Godslayer Jillian,

Thank you.

Robert Eggleton

roberteggleton 08-18-2006 05:35 PM

In the sequel, ....... Sorry, I just got beeped. It has to be some kid in trouble. Back later. Robert Eggleton

roberteggleton 08-31-2006 01:38 AM

What a day. A thirteen year old boy in my program, when he was 4, pushed his younger brother into a river during a family outing. The kid's head hit a rock and he died. Everyday since, my kid's mother (bipolar disorder) and grandmother (bipoloar disorder) have reminded Matt (not the real name). The father (bipolar disorder) also hasn't been in the picture since the incident. I spent three hours trying to convince the adults that the past is the past -- no such luck, keeping the younger brother's memory alive is all they live for themselves. What is this topic? Sorry for the vent. Bob