Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   bangs can't stay in (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4415)

Graveyard.Crow 01-02-2007 09:56 PM

bangs can't stay in

My hair is not falling out as it used to, but it does still fall out from my bangs. When ever I touch them to straighten the bangs out I see the hair ending up on my fingers. I also noticed white dry skin coming off my scalp that doesn't quite look like regular dander, but then again I have never had that so I can't compare it.
It really quite frankly pisses me off because I want my bangs to stay nice and thick.

PersephoneX 01-02-2007 10:00 PM

See your nearest hair technician? I dont know. i hack my own hair and i never have problems with it.

Godslayer Jillian 01-02-2007 10:01 PM

That's a message from the spaghetti monster that bangs are an act of the invisible pink unicorn; ergo, they're evil!!

Graveyard.Crow 01-02-2007 10:03 PM

*pouts sadly*

PersephoneX 01-02-2007 10:06 PM

EVIL! EVIL! Bangs must be surrendered to the noble green gnome!

Graveyard.Crow 01-02-2007 10:14 PM

I saw a bondage gnome in a store ones, boy was that a pretty site. Oh and have you guys heard of a prank someone played on this family around Christmas time? Someone stole their baby Jesus from their back yard, 8 months later they returned him with pictured of him being all around the world doing different things.

PersephoneX 01-02-2007 10:22 PM

Ha ha ha! that's brilliant!
we stole the baby Jesus from a mall once...it was really funny! a group of Goths and Punks in the middle of this nativity scene trying to look inconspicuous...we ended up taking it home and playing soccer with it.

Graveyard.Crow 01-02-2007 10:26 PM

Was the baby Jesus sexy?

PersephoneX 01-02-2007 11:45 PM

oh yes...soooo sexy!!!
you know i've always had a baby jesus fetish!

*not really...but i couldnt resist saying it!

Mick Ignis 01-03-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersephoneX
Ha ha ha! that's brilliant!
we stole the baby Jesus from a mall once...it was really funny! a group of Goths and Punks in the middle of this nativity scene trying to look inconspicuous...we ended up taking it home and playing soccer with it.

Haha! That reminds me of something I read in Marilyn Manson's autobiography, where he stole all the Baby Jesus's from the neighborhood nativity scenes and replaced them with baked hams.

GirlsNotMe 01-03-2007 02:23 AM

Bangs can fail, or bangs can be hot. However, as I do not have evidence of yours particularly, I cannot judge!

Also: With the exception of straightening and trimming, Poor Little GNM has no concept of hair, so I recommend going to a stylist and asking "wtf" about your hair falling out.

Good luck!

PersephoneX 01-03-2007 03:26 AM

We wanted to do that with a roll of french polony...but i dont like the idea of wasting food. so stealing it was the best option... :D

Miss_Hazie_Lane 01-03-2007 10:21 AM

Hot oil treatments and a visit to the dermatologist, in case it's something nasty like a fungus (or tinea as we call it in the beauty industry *shudder*) it's probably not that, but still being sure is good,

Crying_Crimson_Tears 01-03-2007 10:57 AM

Bangs are super sexy in my opinion. As long as they don't go above your eyebrows. Then they are NOT sexy. But I would say stop straightening them and use conditioner straight on the bangs.

Graveyard.Crow 01-03-2007 01:20 PM

Bangs should go above your eyebrows
That is sexy and very gothic looking in my opinion. And I don't straighten them with a hair straightener but just my fingers, and sometimes a brush but they still come out. *sigh*

Pyre 01-03-2007 02:34 PM

Have you dyed your hair recently?

Graveyard.Crow 01-03-2007 03:32 PM

I have stopped dying my hair just for the reason of it falling out. It is black right now but has huge roots.

Graveyard.Crow 01-03-2007 03:41 PM

My hair started to fall out the first time I bleached it. But the last time I did that was a looong time ago.

Pyre 01-03-2007 05:33 PM

Hmm, then I don't know. Have you been using any kind of new hair products, shampoos, conditioners, et al recently?

Graveyard.Crow 01-03-2007 07:51 PM

I have changed my shampoos to see if it was at fault but my hair still falls out

PersephoneX 01-03-2007 09:24 PM

Are you getting enough calcium and iron in your diet? I know that happened to this lady i worked with...

Graveyard.Crow 01-06-2007 11:42 AM

I'm afraid of iron

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-06-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
My hair is not falling out as it used to, but it does still fall out from my bangs. When ever I touch them to straighten the bangs out I see the hair ending up on my fingers. I also noticed white dry skin coming off my scalp that doesn't quite look like regular dander, but then again I have never had that so I can't compare it.
It really quite frankly pisses me off because I want my bangs to stay nice and thick.

Google "hair masque". There should be some good scalp treatments you can make at home.

Graveyard.Crow 01-06-2007 08:25 PM

I doubt putting something ON the hair will help, I have to work from the inside.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-06-2007 08:54 PM

It's a temporary measure, sure, but it could help if your problem is a temporary problem.