Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Iluminatti's Very Own Personal Thread (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=128)

sacredsecrets 03-15-2005 03:20 AM

Iluminatti's Very Own Personal Thread

Quote:

Xnguela's Note: Sorry, sacred, I'm not fucking with your post, I'm just noting that this thread is now devoted to anyone who wants to yell at the moron that is illumifuck. Obviously, this person is such a fucking snowflake that he/she gets his/her own personal thread about this stuff!!! Have fun, guys.
If you really are a goth, you shouldn't know it.
No one should be labelled.
1 person in 3 million is an individual.. is that telling you something?
It's tell me that everyone copies each other!

I bought a pair of TUK shoes. Now suddenly all my friends have them. Can they not be original?
I may aswell just where no shoes.
I may aswell just curl up into a ball and stay locked up in a room.
Sooner or later everyone will start doing that aswell.

You can't labell yourself, and if you do your fake!
Just like that bullshit Good Charlotte band.. as if they are a true punk band when they call themselves punks.
It might just be me with this opinion but how does everyone else feel on this topic?

Farewell

SuicideJade 03-15-2005 03:39 AM

The redundancy is strong within this one, Noobi Wan Kenobi!! :shock:

pitseleh 03-15-2005 03:47 AM

Re: Labelling yourself a 'punk' or 'goth'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacredsecrets
If you really are a goth you shouldn't know it no one should be labelled 1 person in 3 million is an individual is that telling you something it's tell me that everyone copies each other you can't labell yourself and if you do your fake just like that bullshit Good Charlotte band as if they are a true punk band when they call themselves punks.

So, what you are really crusading against here is self-awareness? Makes sense.

illuminatti 03-15-2005 04:21 AM

okay....now pay attention: PUNK AND GOTH HAVE NO FUCKIN' THING IN COMMON! trust me, i know what i'm talking about. okay, fine, i admit that the dress style is very simmilar...but that is all. Goths, as far as i know, don't run arround yelling "Nazis fuck off". As far as i know, Goths don't give a damn about nazis, or atleast don't make it their life long destiny to fight against them. Punks are all about protesting and I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world.
Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist"). If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!
I have gotten to known one punk too many since I moved to vienna and I really know what I am talking about.

illuminatti 03-15-2005 04:29 AM

...and also "labeling" yourself as anything puts under question the fact if u really are what u label yourself as. I think that people who go advertizing themselves as anything are that way only on the outside. If you are a punk or goth, it is no problem to say that u are one, but really, u have to actually be that way inside as well. Dress style and the names "goth" or "punk" exist, I think, so that people with similar interests can come together. But actually, I think one can be a goth or punk without really realizing it or "labeling" themselves with a sertain style. U don't first call your self a goth and then become one. U already ARE a certain type of person and only then do u find out that a sertain style fits to u.

edible_eye 03-15-2005 04:46 AM

i find it funny that people spend so much time worrying about what their label is in life. do you pout and throw a temper tantrum if someone refers to you in a different light than you care to be seen? waah, waah, waaah.

obviously, sacredsecret - whatever you do is destined to be copied by others. you're the only original out there. you ARE that 1 in 3,000,000. you are neo, from the matrix. you are the all-encompassing force. you are the lord of all that is unique and worthy. you are the human embodiment of the all-powerful ring. the fact you bought TUK shoes clued me in on that, right off the bat. TUK shoes (whatever the fuck they are) have only one pair of shoes in creation - and you have them. YOU own them. that right there should tell the world how fuckin' original and unique you are. please let us all know what you intend to do next so that we may all follow. the scary thing is - if you locked yourself in a room, i fear the homes of the world would all be torn down so that new structures, single rooms only, would be built so that all may lock themselves inside. you're just that powerful.

douche.

and illuminatti - goths and nazis? is that someting specifically associated with austria? whatever your perceptions of punks and goths and nazis - relax with your pounding desire to teach the world, or at least think a little more before writing it down. the analysis you provide is rambling at best.

pitseleh 03-15-2005 06:01 AM

I have a feeling that sacredsecret is gonna be one of those n00bs that fade away into oblivion with only one post to their name.

Illuminatti; If it is infact so that all the goths you know are wholly indifferent to the goings-on in the world, I would like to know how old these friends of yours are. My bet would be somewhere in the area of 14. Is that close? Such a wonderful age for pouting and feigned ennui. How are you supposed to evolve and learn anything if you can't take an interest in the world around you? Being that insular and/or dense is definitely not a trait I associate with goths. Also, I would say that most intelligent people, regardless of subcultural affiliation, think nazis suck. If punks like beating up skinheads, then all the more power to them.

This whole subject of labelling is kinda trite, I think. The issue is personality, really. However you are labelled or choose to label others, it's hard to really nail down all of a person's traits with one single spike. I know lots of different people, and if I was forced to pigeonhole them all into neat little categories, I'd have to peel away a lot of "culturally irrelevant" layers in order to make them fit. It's not desireable to reduce people in that manner. All those little nuances and quirks that make up a person is what makes them interesting. Doesn't matter whether they conform to the stereotype of a 'punk' or 'goth'. If you squint real hard, the cumulation of certain personality traits, aesthetic preferences and knowledge can make up a blurred image of cultural identity, but really it's the human being underneath that surface that's important.

TeapotScar 03-15-2005 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illuminatti
okay....now pay attention: PUNK AND GOTH HAVE NO FUCKIN' THING IN COMMON! trust me, i know what i'm talking about. okay, fine, i admit that the dress style is very simmilar...but that is all. Goths, as far as i know, don't run arround yelling "Nazis fuck off". As far as i know, Goths don't give a damn about nazis, or atleast don't make it their life long destiny to fight against them. Punks are all about protesting and I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world.

Then you haven't met *any* of us. I am deeply insulted by this, and I really hope you never return here if you're looking to meet goths who don't care about the world around them. Honestly. Fuck off. [/quote]
Quote:

Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist").
Way to stereotype, and then say you get pissed off if people make the same stereotype you do. Wannabe- you're just trying to cover all of the bases.
Quote:

If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!
Again, *WAY TO FUCKING STEREOTYPE*. People are *PEOPLE*, it's people like YOU that make the divisions in your own idiotic mind. Get a life.
Quote:

I have gotten to known one punk too many since I moved to vienna and I really know what I am talking about.
Yeah, you *REALLY* know what you're talking about. ...*Eyeroll*...*spits on your shoes*...

AlKilyu 03-15-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuicideJade
The redundancy is strong within this one, Noobi Wan Kenobi!! :shock:

http://tinypic.com/289ul1

TeapotScar 03-15-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlKilyu

Why does the little guy keep drinking the water? He knows he's going to laugh! Just don't drink it, little guy!

Nike 03-15-2005 11:51 AM

mpf that must be #500 of this labeling yourself a whatever threads.

what can I say. I don't give a shit if someone thinks I'm goth or punk or whatever, and I have more important things to do than trying to fit into a certain scheme.
Honestly, is a label so important? Is it really important if your friends are wearing the same shoes as you do?

And to illuminatti s post ...don't make yourself ridiculous, all I can say is "NAZIS FUCK OFF!" And people who don't care about facism are nothing more but dumb.

e_e: no, there is no special connection with goths and nazis in austria. However, I have realized that some Neofolk and industrial bands (and of course there'd also be some Metal stuff to mention), that are pretending not to be facist, but singing about the "esthetics of the 3rd Reich" (I've read that in an Ordo Equilibrio interview once) are quite popular worldwide - I've heard "Rose Clouds of Holocaust" by Death in June on so many online radio stations and seen them on so many playlists of clubs that it seems to me there is a certain tolerance for such dubious stuff, that it is striking me strangely.

I know, this is not topic of this thread (hah, I'm a pirate), but as we have seen the labeling yourself blah blah quite often now, I'd be interested what others are thinking about that music genres, that are part of many "gothic" festivals nowadayds. for me, that certain kind of *tolerance* has been a reason todistance myself from all festivals and clubs playing that music.

edible_eye 03-15-2005 11:58 AM

thanx for the clarification, nike.

drgnlvr 03-15-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist"). If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!

*drgn gets out her trusty clue-by-four.*

I'm feeling nice today, so I'll give you a chance to re-read what you wrote, and tell the class just what is wrong with this statement.

AlKilyu 03-15-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlKilyu

Why does the little guy keep drinking the water? He knows he's going to laugh! Just don't drink it, little guy!

I can't help it! I'm http://tinypic.com/28a3hu!!

Jane13 03-15-2005 12:41 PM

Sacredsecrets, I hope you're happy. Now I have a headache from reading your posts, so I can't come up with witty things to type like everyone else. *pouts* Also, I had a conersation with my friend about origionality. They said something like,
"The only way to be origional is to not wear any clothes, damnit!"
I said, "What about nudists?"
"Shit."
You can only be unique, never origional. Calm down.

FenrisQueen 03-15-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

No you really don't. Goth is a derivative of Punk, you oblivious tit. And I've dated a skinhead or two, as well as a couple of punks, and they had no problems with each other. In fact, the punk club I used to frequent had a healthy amount of skinheads and punks. And it's masochist

Solumina 03-15-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world
Most of the goths I know are greatly saddened by the suffering of the world and are in fact very devoted to the causes that they champion. I have yet to meet a true goth that is totally apathetic, the ones that I do know are quite the opposite.

winged_dreams 03-15-2005 06:15 PM

Anyone with some sort of knowledge about the suffering that's going on in the world should care. I am deeply troubled by everything that's happening to this poor planet and it's people.

And no one bothers to label on this site to a huge amount. I agree with pitseleh that you can't use a label and completely include a person's personality. Don't let it bother you so much if people decide to label themselves. It's their decision. People are people. Simple and plain as that. Being unique is fun!

The only thing that I'll call myself is a geek and I don't see people flocking to call themselves geeks or nerds. I'm so special. ^_^

Solumina 03-15-2005 06:19 PM

No you're not, I'm a geek too

So there :P

akhira 03-15-2005 08:02 PM

All I have to say is this.
Sacredsecrets and illuminati are living proof that no culture is immune to inbreeding.

drgnlvr 03-15-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhira
All I have to say is this.
Sacredsecrets and illuminati are living proof that no culture is immune to inbreeding.

Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

:lol:

FenrisQueen 03-18-2005 05:10 PM

Can I be life?

DreamCase 03-19-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xnguela
damn it... i take 2 days off, and THIS is what happens?

I suck at life.

I know it , my computer decided to go all freakish insanity on me for a week I come back and you're a moderator (which was a pleasant surprise) and there are all these new threads I haven't read. But all the exciting shit always happens when I'm gone. Sorry that was way off topic.