Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Spooky News (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   T. Burton's "Corpse Bride" (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=452)

MrMaelstrom 09-15-2005 02:23 PM

T. Burton's "Corpse Bride"

Damn you all. A site chock-a-block full of goths, and most of them american to boot, and I gotta learn about a new
Tim Burton animation film from a brazilian kid who's stuck on Slipknot?

Thanks a lot, guys...:

http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/#

NoneSuch 09-15-2005 02:25 PM

O0oo0 I want this movie !

soggypicklemuncher 09-15-2005 03:19 PM

I assumed that everyone had already heard about it. But then again, I've been spending a lot more time out from under my rock lately so I've forgotten what it's like to be out of the loop a little bit.

soggypicklemuncher 09-15-2005 03:20 PM

Hmm, there's a duplicate of this thread...

Empty_Purple_Stars 09-15-2005 03:32 PM

http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/

That is a link to the official " Corpse Bride " website.

That one was next on my " Spooky News " list.

Corpse Bride carries on in the dark, romantic tradition of Tim Burton’s classic films Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Set in a 19th century European village, this stop-motion, animated feature follows the story of Victor (Johnny Depp), a young man who is whisked away to the underworld and wed to a mysterious Corpse Bride (Helena Bonham-Carter), while his real bride, Victoria (Emily Watson), waits bereft in the land of the living. Though life in the Land of the Dead proves to be a lot more colorful than his strict Victorian upbringing, Victor learns that there is nothing in this world, or the next, that can keep him away from his one true love. It’s a tale of optimism, romance and a very lively afterlife, told in classic Tim Burton style.

This film has been rated PG by the MPAA for some scary images and action, and brief mild language.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/plotsummary

This is a pic of the official movie poster:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...orpseBride.jpg

The cast includes:

JOHNNY DEPP (Victor Van Dort) has earned both critical and popular acclaim for his unique work in a variety of memorable feature films. Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride marks Depp’s fifth collaboration with director Tim Burton. Most recently, he collaborated with Burton on the fantasy adventure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Based on the beloved Roald Dahl classic, Depp plays eccentric chocolatier Willy Wonka. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory opened to impressive critical and box office success and continues to entertain audiences everywhere.

British actress HELENA BONHAM CARTER (Corpse Bride) has lent her talents to a wide array of diverse feature films such as David Fincher’s provocative Fight Club, Tim Burton’s new version of The Planet of the Apes, and the dark comedy Novocaine directed by David Atkins.

Over the last several years, EMILY WATSON (Victoria) has quickly become one of the entertainment industry’s most acclaimed actresses. She first caught the world’s attention for her memorable performance as Bess in Lars von Trier’s Breaking The Waves, her first feature film. For her heartbreaking performance, she received Oscar and Golden Globe Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and the Felix Award for Best Actress, as well as the London Film Critics’ Circle Award for British Newcomer of the Year in 1997.

She received her second Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, in addition to SAG and BAFTA nominations, for Best Actress in 1999 for her riveting performance as Jackie in Hilary and Jackie. The film is the poignant and tragic story of famed classical cellist Jacqueline du Pré, directed by Anand Tucker.

This fall, aside from her role in Corpse Bride, Watson will also star in Separate Lies, which will release on October 7th. The film is written and directed by Academy Award-winning screenwriter Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park) and marks his directorial debut. Watson stars as Anne, who enjoys a seemingly perfect marriage to James, Tom Wilkinson (The Full Monty, In the Bedroom), until the arrival of Bill, Rupert Everett (My Best Friend’s Wedding), and a tragic accident in their idyllic country village looks to unravel their lives forever.

Be sure and load the Flash on the site to view it in all of its Tim Burtony Goodness..

cyberJade 09-15-2005 05:51 PM

Johnny Depp is really hot. In other news, this movie looks interesting.

tiffany_the_writer 09-15-2005 10:29 PM

I told my little brother I'd take him to this movie, he can't wait! (Neither can I, of course)

gothica1189 09-25-2005 04:29 AM

This movie looks awesome, I bet it'll be in my DVD collection next to Nightmare Before Christmas and my private collection of Stain Boy. Tim Burton makes me feel like there are producer's out there I could be friends with. *grins slightly*

gothica1189 09-25-2005 04:32 AM

Also, I wanted to add why can't we all throw this into the "TV, Movies, & Games" section, as to the fact, this is kind of a movie.

sartain 09-25-2005 11:44 AM

does anyone know when this is due to screen in the Uk.... I really really want to see it!

Jane13 09-25-2005 04:27 PM

I saw it yesterday. I liked the end... and... the end. The maggot was really annoying. I thought the idea was kind of sweet, though.

Panther 09-29-2005 07:00 PM

The plot was predictable, but the movie was pretty.

Such is the review of many a movie.

However, for the kids, this one's good.

I liked the insinuated necrophilia. It amused me.

The music and the animation were the movie's saving graces.

Actually. . .just repeat what Tstone said.

Wow, Tom, you and I are scarily alike, as far as movies go.

spookypurple 10-23-2005 07:01 AM

I liked it. My husband said it wasn't bad. He declared it a 'chick flick'. So I guess it'll be me buying the DVD, then.

mortalitas incomitatus 10-23-2005 07:21 AM

ummmm.....i mentioned it on the tim burton thread.
or atleast i think i did.....not im not sure...... :(

mortalitas incomitatus 10-23-2005 07:24 AM

yupyup...i did.
just checked.....post#19

Nemesis 10-23-2005 10:28 AM

Ive just seen that, i like it, hehe partly because i love Johhny depp, but its a good film!

mydnyght 10-23-2005 11:26 AM

i liked it 2 !! the ending was beautiful!! i'm gonna buy it on dvd, my wife however did't
really like it though...she's not really into the "scene"

angel_dark_demon_bright 10-28-2005 04:24 PM

I thought the movie had excellent animation and score. It took a while to get into it at first though. I went and saw it with a group of people and only one of them didnt have something to like about it. the ending was kind of sad.

thetiesonyourcorset 11-17-2005 02:03 AM

i still haven't seen it yet! i could have bought that poster but i got another one that says at the top "you may kiss the bride" with obviously the bride on it and the character Johnny Depp plays!! i can't wait to see it!

Surgeon Méchant De Sang 11-19-2005 12:42 PM

I thought it was really sweet. I do agree that the movie was visually stunning, and I did enjoy the gratuitous use of the color blue. What I thought was interesting was how much colorful the world of the dead was compared to the land of the living.

~Nix Nightingale~ 11-19-2005 12:44 PM

I LOVED this movie! My boyfriend and I saw it the day it came out. To me the songs weren't as strong as they were in Nightmare before Christmas, but it was still a really awesome movie. WAY better than whatever crap they were trying to do with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. There are now a total of 2 Burton movies I dislike.

Auriane 11-24-2005 11:51 AM

I've seen it a few weeks ago and loved it to bits. True, the story isn't very strong, but the characters and language and songs are so lovely. I especially like the "Tear to shed" song. I'm playing it almost non-stop now.

Also, I wish my clothes also flowed just perfectly, like theirs.

Tanzanari 11-28-2005 12:50 PM

I didn't like the ending. People are such necrophobes *shakes her head*