Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Have you ever fasted deliberately? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14852)

Qgirl 03-22-2009 02:48 PM

Have you ever fasted deliberately?

Have you ever fasted deliberately? If so, how did it make you feel and did you do it for religious reasons, diet reasons, a dare, etc.?

Opteron_Man 03-22-2009 04:59 PM

I fast because I am anorexic. I will never feel thin enough, but I know I am in trouble. Very soon, I will get the help I need.

Lady_Alyce 03-22-2009 06:29 PM

Yes, I fast delibrately. My humanities teacher convinced me to do it. It's been really neat.

a morbid curiosity 03-22-2009 06:50 PM

I fast... whilst I am asleep...

Godslayer Jillian 03-22-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opteron_Man (Post 521485)
I fast because I am anorexic.

You made a thread about how you're not anorexic, you fucking attention whore!

Pyre 03-22-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 521522)
You made a thread about how you're not anorexic, you fucking attention whore!

Or perhaps responses to his thread convinced him otherwise?

Though I do agree about being an attention whore.

Starmoonshine 03-22-2009 09:42 PM

I have fasted but it was mostly due to the fact that I was so stressed. Actually I was heartbroken but it made me so physically sick that every time I tried to eat I wanted to vomit so I didn't eat for almost 4 days. I was still able to drink stuff okay so I drank some fruit juice. I'm better now but I have a feeling looking at some recent events currently going on that it may happen again soon.

Pyre 03-22-2009 10:07 PM

The only times I am able to fast are when I am upset. I feel too sick to fast if I am upset enough, which eventually leads to my body's rejection of any food I eventually eat.

I cannot deliberately fast, though I have considered it numerous times. I have too much of a difficult time forcing myself to NOT eat that extra meal much less any food altogether. I fortunately love vegetables enough to turn my diet around if I start gaining significant weight as a result.

Solumina 03-22-2009 10:39 PM

I did an apple fast not all that long ago, it was a three day fast where I could only eat apples (I could fix them however I wanted but I couldn't add anything to them) and drink water or apple juice that I had made myself. I felt like my digestive tract was nice and clean afterward but I was pretty sick of apples by the end of it.

Malice In Wonderland 03-23-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 521587)
I did an apple fast not all that long ago, it was a three day fast where I could only eat apples (I could fix them however I wanted but I couldn't add anything to them) and drink water or apple juice that I had made myself. I felt like my digestive tract was nice and clean afterward but I was pretty sick of apples by the end of it.

Wow I kinda wanna do that.
I've heard it's amazing for breaking into a healthier diet.

Geoluhread 03-23-2009 11:18 AM

I fast in Ramadan..
That`s it

Solumina 03-23-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland (Post 521679)
Wow I kinda wanna do that.
I've heard it's amazing for breaking into a healthier diet.

It was actually really easy and when I was done I was a bit tired of apples but I kept wanting to eat things that had that nice, fresh, crisp feeling and I was put off by anything super heavy (save for cheesecake because nothing in the world could ever end my love for cheesecake).

Oh and one more thing: if you do an apple fast make sure to get more than one type of apple (I had gala, granny smith, and golden delicious) that will keep you from getting bored with them.

JCC 03-23-2009 02:35 PM

When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.

Which led to this:

http://mikeresponts.files.wordpress....balejuice1.jpg

That's dedication.

Malice In Wonderland 03-23-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 521720)
It was actually really easy and when I was done I was a bit tired of apples but I kept wanting to eat things that had that nice, fresh, crisp feeling and I was put off by anything super heavy (save for cheesecake because nothing in the world could ever end my love for cheesecake).

Oh and one more thing: if you do an apple fast make sure to get more than one type of apple (I had gala, granny smith, and golden delicious) that will keep you from getting bored with them.

Ooh.
I may try it.
I have a horrible obsession over Pink Lady apples.
And Granny Smiths.

How long should it last?

Solumina 03-23-2009 03:03 PM

Mine was a three day cleansing kind of deal, I have heard of people doing it for a week but I think that is a bit much.

Minyaliel 03-23-2009 04:06 PM

Yes, I have, several times. I only drank water and fruit juices. The amount of time varied, anything from 1 day to a few days. It´s okay, at least it´s easy on my food budget.

Tam Li Hua 03-23-2009 07:07 PM

I tried doing it for religious reasons [only water or fruit juice for the whole day], but I didn't make it the entire day. Recently, I had to fast for 12 hours [no food, no liquids, no nothing], until after my ultra-sound.

It made me feel light-headed and very on-edge. I do -not- like fasting.

Saya 03-23-2009 09:03 PM

I did the Thirty Hour Famine one year, no food at all, just juice and water for thirty hours. I found it hard but I'd do it again. My highschool stopped doing it though because the gym teacher was convinced it would encourage us to become anorexic.

Which is sad because it was probably the only charity work we did that year that went for a good cause, everything else was for things like field trips, uniforms and shit like that.

girasol 03-24-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 521724)
When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.

Which led to this:

That's dedication.

also pretty gross.

Does anyone know if someone starting to get weird yellow or light brown marks on their skin is a sign of nutrition or somethign else?

When I haven't eaten it has been because I have been upset or angry or sick. or broke. :)

I_Zik 09-14-2009 04:10 PM

[quote=JCC;521724]When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.
I looked like this once. It's like nothing you've ever experienced. It gets to the point where you don't even feel hungry anymore. If it goes too far, you might never come back. I was, at the worst, 90something pounds and 5'10
Bitterly Brutal
Mind you it wasnèt by choice like Bale here.

Renatus 09-14-2009 04:35 PM

I many times get soo focused I actualy forget to eat alot of times.

korinna5555 09-14-2009 04:41 PM

I'm just not a big eater. One meal in the middle of the day is usually enough for me, and apples(!)/bananas/other fruits to snack on.

CrimsonPythonidae 09-14-2009 05:22 PM

I used to do the forty hour famine when I was younger. We did it in Girl Guides.
I used to eat hardly anything back when I first started working and had virtually no money left after paying rent. I lived on Vegemite on toast and 2 minute noodles for ages.

zerademark 09-15-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC (Post 521724)

Which led to this:

That's dedication.

Thats how I look like.
BTW, I eat 4 times per day not including snacks and so. Nothing can help me...

CataclysmKitten 09-15-2009 11:33 AM

I was anorexic for some time. It's hell on earth.
Thank the heavens I recovered. I don't wish anorexia on anyone.