Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Greetings from Latin america (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=125453)

tentaclelord 08-11-2015 05:46 PM

Greetings from Latin america

Good evening Ladies and Gents...Im an 18 year old colombian with a recent intrest in all things gothic. Down here in colombia goth is almost non existent,though there is a fairly large metal and street punk community.Most of my teen life i have been a big Metal fan but due to a close friend, 2 years back ,introducing me to post punk and its ilk i have been in love with it. I have beeen trying to juggle between my newfound love and my old taste.

1. I enjoy rpgs both tabletop and video. i love talking about film and philosphy. I enjoy medieval arms and armour and their correct historical use.

2. The land of andes and cofffee..colombia, from the capital Bogotá

3. I am a big Tolkien Fanboy. I adore Lovecraft and Robert E Howard. As rule of thumb anything with sc fi or fantasy I will enjoy.

4. Clockwork orange is IMO the greatest single piece of film evar. I love tarantino,kubrick,Lars von Trier and akira kurosawa. Enjoy tim Burton,dracula,zombies,samurai and anything with wierd fantasical crap.
5. A strange combination of gothic rock, death rock,industrial and an eclectic collection of metal.

6. New Dawn Fades By Joy Divison and Electric Funeral by Black Sabbath

7. Doing something epic or by seeing the blinding maddening horror of the dark elder gods.

8. A big black oak one with red satin and studs on the outside.
9. Im sort of stuck between styles.But a black band tee held by suspenders with big black stompy boots and a trenchcoat.

10. Pretending and indulging in fantasy without judgement... but hey who cares if they do i will geek out till i die.

11. Sweet zombie jesus ...its a tie between joy divison and Black Sabbath. I like sisters of mercy ,Bauhaus,Alien sex fiend and The damned. I also love Doom, Black,folk,and death metal.

12. Im a senior in highschool, hoping to study history and or anthropology in uni.

13. Im hoping to meet other wierdos and cool people who like gothic things since there isnt much of a scene here. Most people who know me see me as a metalhead and i wish i could look more goth and seen as one.But hey i love the music and literature and thats what matters to me.

14. Im a goatboy.. soy un hombre cabron

DarkSaber 11-20-2015 01:12 AM

Hi! I'm new to got as well.

Stormbringer 11-20-2015 01:45 AM

Welcome Tentaclelord. You sound just like one of us. This is a rather quiet forum as others will tell you, so please help us to bring it to life by contributing to all the discussions and you're more than welcome to add topics of your own. Everyone here gets along well ane everyone's views and opinions are respected. I too am interested in Tolkien, Kurosawa, Kubrik, Lovecraft, philosophy and film.

Anise 11-20-2015 10:02 AM

Hey Tentaclelord & welcome <3

Haven't been here long myself, like the forum and dig the peeps ;)
It's good to have you here, look forward to seeing you about the forum!

Pr1aP1sm 11-20-2015 08:06 PM

Hello TentacleLord,

I never go anywhere without my Big Black Stompy Boots.
Would feel weird without them.

Hope you find the weirdos here to your liking.
I am fairly new here, and still figuring things out,
But so far everyone seems to be the right kind of weird.

Rats 11-20-2015 09:09 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!