Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   TV, Movies, & Games (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The DC Reboot Shit Show (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25152)

Ben Lahnger 04-27-2012 09:58 AM

Liking that new cover of Wonder Woman deflecting bad guys' bullets off her bracelets... oh, wait. She's firing pistols? Awesome!

/snark

Saya 04-27-2012 10:46 AM

It Cupid's guns and it fires hearts! I think its awesome.

Ben Lahnger 04-27-2012 12:25 PM

Wait. It fires hearts? If Mario picks them up, does he get extra lives?

Murder.Of.Crows 04-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 693656)
Wait. It fires hearts? If Mario picks them up, does he get extra lives?

Your thinking of Link, Mario's life system worked off mushrooms.

Hydrodyssodia 04-27-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger (Post 693642)
Liking that new cover of Wonder Woman deflecting bad guys' bullets off her bracelets... oh, wait. She's firing pistols? Awesome!

/snark

Did you read the issue? Because the ending makes your comment even funnier.

Ben Lahnger 04-28-2012 07:55 AM

Yeah, I'm not reading any current DC (or Marvel for that matter.) I'm picking up the occasional TPB collection of older series, following a few Dark Horse titles and revisiting my Sandman collection.

Thanks fpr the correction. It was Link that I was thinking of. Who'd want a gun that shoots mushrooms?!?

Saya 05-03-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia (Post 693667)
Did you read the issue? Because the ending makes your comment even funnier.

I got the issue today and now get it. I know covers do not necessarily reflect what's going on in the issue, but I was a little sad there was no Wonder Woman shoot out.

Also got World's Finest. I'm glad they kept PG's personality the same and I wasn't a fan of the boob window, but man is the new costume uuuuuuuuuugly. After Marcus To's art on Huntress the art seems like a downgrade in general as well.

Saya 05-05-2012 02:48 PM

http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/22471341076

EEEEEEEEE best of both worlds?!

Solumina 05-05-2012 03:52 PM

Ooooooo interesting

Nihil 05-10-2012 07:52 PM

So, yesterday I decided to read The New 52's Stormwatch. Contradicted everything I've ever read from Wildstorm... still gonna keep reading, though. I have accepted that, while reading comics, you just have to ignore what you think it's bullsh*t. As for the rest of the new DC, I don't really care. I'm more of a Marvel person.
What I can say, though, is they ruined the thing I liked the most about DC - the multiverse. So many different Earths and, even so, everything was so organized; unlike Marvel's Earths and universes.

Saya 05-10-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil (Post 694845)
So, yesterday I decided to read The New 52's Stormwatch. Contradicted everything I've ever read from Wildstorm... still gonna keep reading, though. I have accepted that, while reading comics, you just have to ignore what you think it's bullsh*t. As for the rest of the new DC, I don't really care. I'm more of a Marvel person.
What I can say, though, is they ruined the thing I liked the most about DC - the multiverse. So many different Earths and, even so, everything was so organized; unlike Marvel's Earths and universes.

Well they got rid of the multiverse before, and now reintroduced Earth 2.

Still more organized than Marvel, yes, I used to like X-Men but figuring out continuity was hard.

Valhalla 05-10-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 694847)
figuring out continuity was hard.

This is exactly why I just read trades that I can accept as one story. No derping around with continuity or comics crossing over into each other.

Plus I've never been good at the whole waiting a month thing.

Ben Lahnger 05-12-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhalla (Post 694856)
This is exactly why I just read trades that I can accept as one story. No derping around with continuity or comics crossing over into each other.

I just want to "like" this... lots.

Saya 05-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhalla (Post 694856)

The problem is when the trade ends on a cliff hanger, and its a TBC in another series. I got The Question: The Five Books Of Blood, which was good, but to find out what happens I have to read Final Crisis D:

Saya 06-09-2012 01:22 PM

DC announced four new titles today that will have their '0' issues in September. There's Talon, which is about an escaped assassin of the Court Of Owls who has the origin story of Cassandra Cain with the costume of Nite Owl. There's The Phantom Stranger, Team Seven and Amethyst, WHICH OMG YOU GUYS IS BEING WRITTEN BY THE CREATOR OF JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5au13p37K1qbujox.jpg

They're putting a Beowulf backup story in with it just in case you feel too gay looking at the cover. But I'm game.

Athanos 06-11-2012 03:53 AM

I heard about the complete reboot of all the titles a while back and it's made me not want to go back to DC even more.

I wasn't that interested in reading their line before and this cinched it for me.

Talk about an act of complete desperation.

I used to work in a comic shop a few years ago and DC was always the also ran next to Marvel and any of the independents. They gained some momentum with some of what became their Vertigo line, i.e. Sandman and most of their Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison stuff but whatever success they had was largely because they didn't know it would be a success. It was a complete fluke on their part.

If they didn't have the iconic characters that they have like Superman, Batman and to a lesser extent the rest of their JLA members they would've bitten the dust years ago.

Every time i give DC another go they disappoint me.

Saya 06-11-2012 09:12 AM

Its sad because its not the big iconic comics that are really good. I'm addicted to Wonder Woman but its comics like Birds of Prey, Dial H, Supergirl, Huntress and Batwoman that keep making me go back.

So, DC is releasing #0s of all the new 52, which makes little sense for Batwoman since she already had one. I might pick up Wonder Woman's and Batwoman's....but Catwoman, what the shit are you doing?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5gkl2inBH1qbujox.jpg

Seriously, its like they thought her torso got in the way of the tits and ass so they removed it.

Solumina 06-11-2012 11:38 AM

Ugh dear god, that's just atrocious.

AshleyO 06-11-2012 04:35 PM

It's so bad, I actually lol'd.

Saya 06-12-2012 06:30 PM

Former Catwoman artist Cameron Stewart weights in: http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...056/cscatwoman

You know Catwoman used to be my favourite comic character? Its Batwoman now.

AshleyO 06-16-2012 12:47 PM

LoL!!! Oh man.

Versus 06-19-2012 09:51 PM

I like her boots.