Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do you REALLY think of meat? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14183)

I Am Great. 01-08-2009 12:10 AM

What do you REALLY think of meat?

It's the question that plagues us all.

LaBelleDameSansMerci 01-08-2009 08:59 AM

I think it's a rotten skag who takes it too far.
Honestly, it smells really bad. Like someone pissed on it.

Tam Li Hua 01-08-2009 10:21 AM

I like meat, as long as it is prepared well. :D *tummy rumbles at the thought of a steak dinner at Outback...*

Necrophagist 01-08-2009 10:36 AM

Meat is everything a man desires, excluding women of course.

Despanan 01-08-2009 05:24 PM

Meat is the unholy bringer of slaughtering darkness.

Bread is the light and fluffy. Follow the bread.

DRM 01-09-2009 05:25 PM

Meat taste funny when you don't cook it all the way, kinda taste like blood.
O.o

MegearaErotica 01-09-2009 05:37 PM

I'm a sexual woman... I like meat.

Wednesday Friday Addams 01-09-2009 08:17 PM

Anyone who has their steak well done is insane or over 60 years old.

Sanguine Heart 01-09-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Anyone who has their steak well done is insane or over 60 years old.

That is completely true :D.

tekajo 01-09-2009 08:24 PM

It pains me to agree with something that SH also agreed with...but yeah.

Steak: medium rare. No sauce thank you, the blood will suffice.

exacerbatedpoet 01-09-2009 08:30 PM

Well then damn lock me up.

LetheanBlacklight 01-09-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despanan
Meat is the unholy bringer of slaughtering darkness.

Bread is the light and fluffy. Follow the bread.

+1 for meat. Darkness is so totally goth.

LaBelleDameSansMerci 01-09-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM
Meat taste funny when you don't cook it all the way, kinda taste like blood.

I hate the taste of undercooked bird. I've encountered it a couple times (never gotten sick, thank goodness), and it's... just... disgusting.

Saya 01-09-2009 11:39 PM

Ever eat a chicken nugget, and find tendon in it? Happened to me once as a kid, I stayed away from chicken nuggets ever since. I think it was a tendon, anyway.

even when I ate meat I was never a big fan, mostly because of things like that, like choking on a bone after wolfing down "boneless" fish o.O

Sanguine Heart 01-09-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
Ever eat a chicken nugget, and find tendon in it? Happened to me once as a kid, I stayed away from chicken nuggets ever since. I think it was a tendon, anyway.

even when I ate meat I was never a big fan, mostly because of things like that, like choking on a bone after wolfing down "boneless" fish o.O

Yuck! I have eaten a chicken nuggest with a tendon (well, it was springy, so I think It was one.)

One of my friends said he found a human tooth in his chicken nugget from McDonald's, which is why I generally stay away from it.

jack_the_knife 01-10-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya

I get that sometimes, but in home made chicken nuggets with meat coming from the butcher. Getting a tendon isn't that bad really in my opinion.

Wednesday Friday Addams 01-10-2009 12:45 AM

Well that because you eat real meat. Not fake meat XP.

mindless1 01-10-2009 06:16 AM

I don't like meat that much.

isobel black 01-10-2009 09:56 AM

I once heard a really gross story about an abcess in a McChicken, but I think it's an urban legend. I hate tendons though, which is the main reason I stay away from nuggets and the like.

mindless1 01-10-2009 12:49 PM

I used to like McNuggets, then one day they forever changed and since then I haven't even had one.....

PortraitOfSanity 01-10-2009 12:58 PM

Lightly seared Ahi tuna steaks > all other food.

End of story.

tekajo 01-10-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Lightly seared Ahi tuna steaks > all other food.

End of story.
Nay! Rabbit goulash with a slight dusting of Tony Chachere > all other food.
;)

mindless1 01-10-2009 01:04 PM

I just had some seared Ahi Tuna Steaks...

girasol 01-11-2009 07:26 PM

I think that if I don't eat what someone prepares for me - it will go in the garbage and that cow will be dead anyway.
I am iron deficient and nobody makes enough dishes with spinach and other things just to suit me.

I don't mind eating steak, or having dishes with mince in them. But anything that is too meaty makes me feel a little ill. I am not sure why. I do not think about animal cruelty whenever I sit down for a meal but I have just started to feel sick if I eat a lot of meat. So I just eat whatever when I feel like it.

I don't think it is murder to eat meat from animals. Dogs + horses etc. have other qualities which in my opinion - should exclude them from being food targets. I just wished that more consideration was put into how they were treated.

When I was in Turkey - in ramazan... I could not touch meat and I felt revolted by even the smell of any meat dish. I could not bring myself to touch anything with meat in it because for some reason the thought of an animal being sacrificed by people - disturbed me.
People were meant to sacrifice the animal for go n give it to the poor and needy... But our next door neighbor was giving the meat to her neighbors. I hope they didn't really expect to score any brownie points for their sacrifice. A needless exhibition of false generosity.

I hate ramazan. I think they should just give money to meat companies if they really want to - the animals should be painlessly killed and the meat should be donated to the poor.

I should not have been walking to the bakery and seen a cow tied up and stayed at the bakery for 5 hours in case I saw what they were going to do.

fuckwits. -_-

Saya 01-11-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girasol
I think that if I don't eat what someone prepares for me - it will go in the garbage and that cow will be dead anyway.
I am iron deficient and nobody makes enough dishes with spinach and other things just to suit me.

I don't mind eating steak, or having dishes with mince in them. But anything that is too meaty makes me feel a little ill. I am not sure why. I do not think about animal cruelty whenever I sit down for a meal but I have just started to feel sick if I eat a lot of meat. So I just eat whatever when I feel like it.

I don't think it is murder to eat meat from animals. Dogs + horses etc. have other qualities which in my opinion - should exclude them from being food targets. I just wished that more consideration was put into how they were treated.

When I was in Turkey - in ramazan... I could not touch meat and I felt revolted by even the smell of any meat dish. I could not bring myself to touch anything with meat in it because for some reason the thought of an animal being sacrificed by people - disturbed me.
People were meant to sacrifice the animal for go n give it to the poor and needy... But our next door neighbor was giving the meat to her neighbors. I hope they didn't really expect to score any brownie points for their sacrifice. A needless exhibition of false generosity.

I hate ramazan. I think they should just give money to meat companies if they really want to - the animals should be painlessly killed and the meat should be donated to the poor.

I should not have been walking to the bakery and seen a cow tied up and stayed at the bakery for 5 hours in case I saw what they were going to do.

fuckwits. -_-

So even though you don't have any moral objections to animal slaughter, or eating meat since you can't be bothered cooking for yourself or taking supplements, you object when you have to see it happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrntm...eature=related

Factory farming can be and usually is much worse.