Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GreenDay!!! (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=1415)

Nemesis 12-21-2005 06:48 AM

GreenDay!!!

Ive just had an argument with someone, who thinks that greenday are punk! For chuffs sake they are not punk they're pop-punk if that!!!

Nemesis 12-21-2005 06:56 AM

yeah i know sorry...but it really grates on me because all the poseurs think that they're really punk and goth because they listen to greenday

katsumy 12-21-2005 08:42 AM

In my opinion every song is diferent from rock to punk so... well again that's my opinion. :)

horrorgirl 12-21-2005 09:33 AM

They are nothing but a generic punk pop band.

angel_dark_demon_bright 12-21-2005 10:05 AM

Im sorry but i do actually like greenday. even if they are "pop-punk" or "poseurs" and not goth. I do like their new stuff but the earlier stuff was better.

Bete Noire 12-21-2005 10:45 AM

"They are nothing but a generic punk pop band." Horrorgirl thou art correct. There is a girl who goes to my school and slits her wrists and listens to green day and my chemical romance and lots of emo music. She calls herself a "glamour-goth". She is a pathetic wannabe. She has no idea what "goth" is and is very close-minded....Shit i'm ranting. Sorry.

Nemesis 12-21-2005 10:47 AM

dont get me wrong i wasnt saying that you couldnt like them..i have no problem with that its just people who insist that they are punk when they aren't

angel_dark_demon_bright 12-21-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xnguela
No one said you couldn't like them, and why are you apologizing?

I didnt want to take a chance of pissing off someone who hated them with a passion.

Hirsipuutarhuri 12-21-2005 11:35 AM

GreenDay...is...not...good...

Metatron 12-21-2005 12:47 PM

Any reason why you're saying that? When you have an opinion, support it...most of us aren't psychic and can't guess what the hell you're thinking. I do like GreenDay...although their new stuff is too political for my taste. Dookie is probably my favorite album of theirs.

Bride_Of_Satan 12-21-2005 02:03 PM

I love Greenday but I do have to agree with you. I can only stand Heavy/Black/Dark metal and certain types of rock music and Greenday are falling into the same catergory as Avril Lavinge. I much prefer their older songs such as Minority and Basketcase - those two songs changed the world in my opinion.

rockandrose 12-21-2005 02:16 PM

Green Day is a "pseudo-punk band"

"Green Day are a cartoon. They are The Simpsons of rock – a band you can safely let your kids watch even if it is a bit risque, because in the end it all boils down to repeated choruses of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie – oi, oi, oi", a few fireworks and a bit of jumping around in a paddock.

Perhaps that is a simplistic view, but then, pretty much everything Green Day do is simplistic.

They are a three-piece Californian pseudo-punk band with a handful of chords and a similar amount of gestures about youth and, just lately, about the way their country, the US, is going about its business."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.a...55E2702,00.html

Fallenfromgrace 12-21-2005 07:30 PM

I like greendays new stuff i think their new songs cool but i was never able to hear their older songs so ill check it out and give you all the final virdict in my opinion

Blushing Heliophobe 12-21-2005 11:47 PM

Baah.

I don't care what losers listen to what bands, it doesn't make the bands themselves any more or less good. And Green Day is Pop. They're sold/marketed under the Pop charts.

Demonista_Ravenesque 12-22-2005 12:20 AM

All the girly people like Greenday at the school I came from.

They were more interested in Billie Joe rather than the music though.

But I don't particularly care for their music.

rubedo 12-22-2005 03:00 AM

here green day is used as a label on your clothes that shows what you like and hate. no one cares for the music, their all into what kind of hair-do the lead singers got and whether or not he's got a girlfriend. its all crap and i hate it. music is an audio form of art, not a visual. you hear it and are supposed to love the sound and are supposed to develop emotion from it that cant be developed otherwise. and so to these boy loving message ignoring people...you can only learn to ignore them and like what you like with no shame

Metatron 12-22-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Baah.

I don't care what losers listen to what bands, it doesn't make the bands themselves any more or less good. And Green Day is Pop. They're sold/marketed under the Pop charts.

Yeah, and so is Loreena McKennitt. Last time I checked she was a Celtic singer...

bedlam babe 12-22-2005 04:13 PM

I used to be a fan of old stuff like Dookie but now, fuck, they make me cringe.

insanityofhumanity44 12-22-2005 05:12 PM

i listen to their older stuff, particularly nimrod and dookie. but their new album isn't bad either.