Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Judeochristianity explained (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=15503)

Godslayer Jillian 06-16-2009 05:54 PM

Judeochristianity explained

http://theinternetisterrible.com/wp-...ings/nb3e3.png
http://theinternetisterrible.com/wp-...ings/nb3e3.png

Duane 06-16-2009 06:48 PM

That's why I prefer Atheism.

Xombie 06-16-2009 06:52 PM

OH. I get it now.

Underwater Ophelia 06-16-2009 07:07 PM

That's fucking hilarious.

Beneath the Shadows 06-16-2009 07:08 PM

Awesome.10

Godslayer Jillian 06-17-2009 12:11 AM

You know what would piss me off? If some christian group made a film of some part of the bible and they would precede it with the message "based on a true story"

Corpsey 06-17-2009 02:43 AM

Ha. It is amusing.

I personally prefer the 2nd movie before Tom Cruise did a remake of it.

Unfortunately, most people only have seen the Tom Cruise version of it.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 544132)
You know what would piss me off? If some christian group made a film of some part of the bible and they would precede it with the message "based on a true story"

I think that's already happened.

And I think you need to get over it.

Underwater Ophelia 06-17-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua (Post 544186)
I think that's already happened.

And I think you need to get over it.

I'm not getting over blowing up abortion clinics.
I'm not getting over not letting me marry a chick if I want to.
Not getting over forcing Native Americans to study the Bible.

Until YOU get over ME, you can go fuck yourself.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 544188)

Honestly, those are things you SHOULDN'T get over, and those are things I haven't gotten over myself.

Blowing up abortion clinics is ridiculous. Not letting you marry the person you love, even if they are of the same gender, is ridiculous. Forcing -anyone- to study a religion that they don't want to is also ridiculous.

The irony is that the folks who blow up clinics, etc. are going directly against what Christ taught, and I honestly don't get how they can rationalize their hatred and still claim Christ.

My point was that some folks get pissy simply because not everyone agrees with them religiously, and -that- gets on my nerves. Disagreements are fine, but one can't expect everyone in the world to change their viewpoints just to make that one person happy.

BTW, there -are- non-violent, sane, peace-loving Christians out there. The folks you pointed out are -not- the majority, but rather the exception.

isobel black 06-17-2009 09:04 AM

Ophelia, I realize there's a good chance me saying so will piss you off, but I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm not in the habit of quoting posts in my signature, but this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 544188)

definitely deserves to be in one.

Sinjob 06-17-2009 09:12 AM

*Deep Sigh* Tam, No one is oppressing you for being a Christian; we’re simply oppressing you for being stupid. You’re consistently trying to prove a point stating only SOME Christians are bad and radical yet this is the side that you seem to only talk about. Or the only side that really stands out to you. And yes, though I haven’t been able to follow all of your ridiculous feuds with Ophelia week by week, you do need to get over yourself or whatever seems to be bothering you like a salty bitch of a sore.

This is the Internet, and you seem to be so insecure about these opinions that you feel the urge to mark out every little goddamn thing you disagree with as if you’ll change as a person by reading these unholy contrasting views. Your just saying the same thing over and over again, expecting all of us to react in a different manner.

P.s. In relating to theory and article posted, Judaism is also considered the religion of masturbation.

Godslayer Jillian 06-17-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua (Post 544195)
I honestly don't get how they can rationalize their hatred and still claim Christ.

Maybe because Jesus said he'll be more lenient with Sodom and Gomorrah on judgment day than with those towns which don't welcome the 'Truth' and don't "shake the dust off" the feet of those who spread the message?
Maybe because Jesus himself said he didn't come for peace, but to divide the world?
Maybe because he said he "did not come to bring peace, but a sword"?
Maybe because he is the one that introduced the idea that if you're not with him then you must be against him?

Quote:

one can't expect everyone in the world to change their viewpoints just to make that one person happy.
My my, aren't you getting all pissy because I don't like your religion?
I'm not about to change just to make one meager person happy.

Quote:

The folks you pointed out are -not- the majority, but rather the exception.
No matter how many times you say that, we know it's not true. You should stop lying and get over the fact that we find your religion irredeemable.

Also, listen to Sinjob.

Onyx 06-17-2009 10:40 AM

blah.

Would have been a little better had they spelled Muslim correctly. Also, while Judaism and Christianity dismiss the Muslim faith, Muslims believe that Abraham and Jesus were prophets of Allah, just not the most recent.

Godslayer Jillian 06-17-2009 11:13 AM

Moslem is another acceptable spelling for the more commonly used Muslim.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian (Post 544217)
Maybe because Jesus said he'll be more lenient with Sodom and Gomorrah on judgment day than with those towns which don't welcome the 'Truth' and don't "shake the dust off" the feet of those who spread the message?
Maybe because Jesus himself said he didn't come for peace, but to divide the world?
Maybe because he said he "did not come to bring peace, but a sword"?
Maybe because he is the one that introduced the idea that if you're not with him then you must be against him?

He also commanded His followers to love their neighbors, and that loving others was the second greatest commandment. Blowing up abortion clinics isn't loving.

Quote:

My my, aren't you getting all pissy because I don't like your religion?
I'm not about to change just to make one meager person happy.
I just want you to stop whining about it. But, I know that's not going to happen. C'est la vie.

Quote:

No matter how many times you say that, we know it's not true.
Fine. Remain ignorant. It's your choice.

Quote:

You should stop lying and get over the fact that we find your religion irredeemable.
Like I said, I'm just tired of hearing folks complain about it, especially when I know how wrong and messed-up their viewpoint is.

Quote:

Also, listen to Sinjob.
I'll think over his comments.

Duane 06-17-2009 12:53 PM

You're not fairing any better than DMW is in the Pro Gun- Anti gun thread.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinjob (Post 544205)
drama drama drama

My only point is not everyone is going to agree with GJ religiously, but that it's not the end of the world if they don't.

That being said, comparing a minor thing like the credits on a video to abortion bombings and the gay marriage issue just seems a bit over the top, and ranting at -me- about those things when I've said a billion times I -don't- approve of the ban on gay marriage or any of the other things is exceptionally annoying.

Add to that my bad mood from earlier this morning, and there ya go. Sorry to stir the pot.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane (Post 544251)
You're not fairing any better than DMW is in the Pro Gun- Anti gun thread.

*sigh*

I know.

Solumina 06-17-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua (Post 544252)
My only point is not everyone is going to agree with GJ religiously, but that it's not the end of the world if they don't.

Tam this little bitch fit started when you took offense to Jillybean saying that he has a problem with a movie based on the Bible saying that it is "based on a true story." No matter what your religion you shouldn't tout it as being based on a true story, it is something that you believe, not some irrefutable truth so get over yourself.

Quote:

Add to that my bad mood from earlier this morning, and there ya go. Sorry to stir the pot.

You always say things like this whenever you get in an argument, which is fairly constantly, you must have a really shitty life.

Sinjob 06-17-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

That being said, comparing a minor thing like the credits on a video to abortion bombings and the gay marriage issue just seems a bit over the top, and ranting at -me- about those things when I've said a billion times I -don't- approve of the ban on gay marriage or any of the other things is exceptionally annoying.

Add to that my bad mood from earlier this morning, and there ya go. .

...Did you not listen to a single fucking word I said?

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer is obvious seeing as she keeps saying the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND YET EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS.

And it's funny how you respond to someone who disagrees with you in such a blunt manner. Also, you can't just start a fire and expect everyone else to put it out, if you're going to state your view dogmatically any person with a functioning brain would be able to take the consequences that come with that.

Quote:

Sorry to stir up the pot
Are you fucking serious? TEXTBOOK passive-aggressive.
And if you're going to say I'm spewing drama after the countless other threads that hold arguments as useless as this...

Well, enough here has been said already.

Tam Li Hua 06-17-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 544286)
Tam this little bitch fit started when you took offense to Jillybean saying that he has a problem with a movie based on the Bible saying that it is "based on a true story." No matter what your religion you shouldn't tout it as being based on a true story, it is something that you believe, not some irrefutable truth so get over yourself.

Eh, I tend to agree, but it doesn't change the fact that some folks, who genuinely believe it to be true, -have- put such things in front of their vids.

Quote:

You always say things like this whenever you get in an argument, which is fairly constantly, you must have a really shitty life.
Yeah, it's something like that. I'm not usually on Gnet except when I'm at work, and life at work is -quite- shitty right now.

I'm working to change that situation, but the change is quite slow and agonizing. Anyways, back to everyone slamming me for how stupid I am..

Sinjob 06-17-2009 02:59 PM

Oh Boo-Hoo! I'm sorry you have the inability to accept constructive feedback.
:,( !!!

Solumina 06-17-2009 02:59 PM

Tam, maybe you should take up a hobby that is a little better for your emotional health than keeping up with this shit, that or you could just learn how to hold a rational argument and then hey maybe you wouldn't be involved in so much drama and people wouldn't hate you so much.