Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Facebook? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14443)

Steppenwolf 01-20-2009 04:15 PM

Facebook?

I was thinking I should make an account , but I want to hear your opinion first . Is Facebook useful to you? Better than myspace? Worst?

beauismyhorse 01-20-2009 04:53 PM

It's easier than myspace.

Steppenwolf 01-20-2009 05:48 PM

................. now seriously

Solumina 01-20-2009 05:56 PM

I like it much better than myspace. There really aren't people who use it to find people to hook up with, it is really more for keeping in touch with people who you already know.

Sir Canvas Corpsey 01-20-2009 06:27 PM

I started with myspace and then recently switched to Facebook, I use both but Facebook is far superior.

exacerbatedpoet 01-20-2009 07:44 PM

I've never had a myspace but I have a Facebook and I use it is a lot. Its just like Solumbia said. Its used more for keeping up with people than meeting new people. This is useful for me especially since I'm at college and this way I can keep up with friends back home or at various colleges. You can join groups, and have applications. Its pretty good and because both parties have to agree to be friends, it has some aspect of security even if its not perfect.

Saya 01-20-2009 07:58 PM

Yeah, I really like facebook, I got in touch with a lot of people I haven't spoken to in a long time, especially family who live far away. Also great for talking to friends who moved away like Ashley, I don't really call or IM her a whole lot so facebook is good for just leaving notes and commenting on things she posts.

Mealla 01-20-2009 09:17 PM

I prefer Myspace because I like the customization and the fact that you can add music or videos on your profile. I don't really like Facebook's layout, and as horrible as it sounds, I generally prefer meeting new people than keeping up with old ones. Probably because I have very little in common with most of my old friends. Myspaz does get annoying in some respects though. Some people have REALLY spammy pages, and I get lots of messages from creepy, much older men who want to be friends with me. Or creepy couples randomly wanting to have sex with me. I keep both Facebook and Myspace, but I tend to use Myspace more in spite of the negatives.

Saya 01-20-2009 09:28 PM

I don't use Myspace at all, I got mine a few years ago and I only had one RL friend who used it, I posted it here when I was really new and the only person who added me was Catch >.< so needless to say I abandoned that Myspace page and never looked back.

Duane 01-20-2009 09:35 PM

Myspace is okay, I'll be fine with it as long as Catch doesn't add me as a friend...

Saya 01-20-2009 09:35 PM

XD I just searched to see if I still had the link up, apparently some 31 year old lady down in the states has my old myspace username thingy. So I don't exist on myspace anymore, huzzah!

Opteron_Man 01-21-2009 12:00 AM

I have heard good things about Facebook. I say: "go for it!".

Geoluhread 01-21-2009 01:47 AM

It`s waaaaaay better than Myspace..
Because people add lots of applications and customizations on their myspace pages and it takes them DECADES to download, with facebook, you can`t! but you can add applications, join groups and pages .. etc..

The other thing that i really like is that there are some really good games there :p hehe

Waaaaay better than Myspace

Nexus-6 01-21-2009 04:12 AM

I have profiles on both Myspace & Facebook but personally I prefer Myspace.

Alarica 01-21-2009 04:13 AM

Have to say I prefer Facebook. Nobody I know uses Myspace or Bebo

Aaroneet 01-21-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
I like it much better than myspace. There really aren't people who use it to find people to hook up with, it is really more for keeping in touch with people who you already know.

I completely agree; this post says it all.

Necrophagist 01-21-2009 06:30 AM

Facebook sucks. Don't join.

Tam Li Hua 01-21-2009 06:59 AM

I got a free Whopper because of it. :D

Raptor 01-21-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoluhread
people add lots of applications and customizations on their myspace pages and it takes them DECADES to download, with facebook, you can`t! but you can add applications, join groups and pages .. etc..

Facebook applications are often far more annoying. At least on Myspace people usually have some idea of how they want to design their page before they add things, so it doesn't end up as much of a mess. Though there are some horrible Myspace pages yeah.

I have both, and I don't use either that much. Facebook is kind of useful for events, some people only give information about things on there.

Oh and deleting your Facebook account is difficult, one of my friends tried to get rid of his own.

Gothing 02-12-2009 03:04 AM

Geoluhread, Aaroneet, Alarica, Saya, Sir Canvas Corpsey, exacerbatedpoet, Solumina, beauismyhorse, what are your facebook usernames?
Can I add you guys?

Geoluhread 02-12-2009 03:12 AM

Sure, you can add me to this email...
khth90 -at- gmail -dot- com

@ Raptor, the new facebook doesn`t add the applications right away to your page. there`s only your wall and info.. The application boxes are added later.
The new facebook is better than the old one, because it WAS a mess.

Cicero 02-12-2009 03:28 AM

The only thing facebook has been useful to me for was to inform me that an old classmate had copped it in a car accident. It also informed said classmate's brother of the death before his parents told him themselves. THANKS, FACEBOOK!

Alarica 02-12-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothing
Geoluhread, Aaroneet, Alarica, Saya, Sir Canvas Corpsey, exacerbatedpoet, Solumina, beauismyhorse, what are your facebook usernames?
Can I add you guys?

Sure. I think it's under the email addy abbie1412 @ live. co. uk.

nis~sijai 02-12-2009 03:50 AM

nice, post up your e-mails for the spammers :p

Alarica 02-12-2009 04:02 AM

thats why i dont use my personal email for anything. spam away!!