Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Things that can improve your gothic style? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25628)

GothicEveryday 10-26-2011 11:18 AM

Things that can improve your gothic style?

Hello there!

I have a question on my mind and I think it's a good one to share with you.

I's because sometimes we feel that we miss something in our syle, but sometimes we don't know what is it. So...

What do you think you can do or u need to improve your gothic style?

I'm going to be the first in answer: self-confidence and leave my city, because I live in a very small town and people is always complaining about the "weird-things-they-don't-know"...

Cheers!

Wraith235 10-26-2011 11:49 AM

Stompy boots(Something with a zipper on the side. It is in poor taste to look for a girlfriend just so you can have someone to take off your boots at the end of the night. However, the personals ad would be pretty funny.)

Better pants(I need to go to a mountaintop and meditate while listening to some good drone so that I can discover what "goth pants" are, exactly. Is there such a thing? Maybe I'll just get black slacks and call it a day. I don't exactly look "blessed" in black jeans or leather pants.)

Jacket(Something 'foofy' but not too 'foofy' Slightly more Pirates of the Caribbean and less Pirates of Penzance)

Grausamkeit 10-26-2011 01:06 PM

What, exactly, is wrong with Pirates of Penzance? You are so racist!

:p

I would totally put out a personals add looking for a girl to take my boots off, too. That would be awesome!

What is 'goth clothing', anyway? Can clothing even BE 'goth' if it is not worn BY a Goth?

Wraith235 10-26-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grausamkeit (Post 683406)
What, exactly, is wrong with Pirates of Penzance? You are so racist!

Yes, yes I am. You got me. I am secretly the Grand Wizard of the Fashion KKK.

Quote:

I would totally put out a personals add looking for a girl to take my boots off, too. That would be awesome!

I'm surprised I didn't see it a lot more before the zippers on the side became popular. I would think that would make introductions awkward. "Hey gang, meet Amy." "Is Amy your girlfriend?" "No." "Is she your sub." "Uhhh..not quite." "Then what is she?" "She's the girl who takes my boots off at the end of the night." everyone nods sagely

Quote:

What is 'goth clothing', anyway? Can clothing even BE 'goth' if it is not worn BY a Goth?

That is an excellent question that I don't have an answer to. However, I have been informed in no uncertain terms that blue jeans and khakis are most assuredly not Goth and any attempt to wear such things as a part of my ensemble will get my membership card revoked IMMEDIATELY.

Which actually reminds me of another thing I can do to improve my gothic style. Get my goth membership card updated.

Solumina 10-26-2011 03:49 PM

Jeans are okay as long as they are full of holes and/or nearly torn to shreds, silly boy.

GothicEveryday 10-27-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraith235 (Post 683407)
Which actually reminds me of another thing I can do to improve my gothic style. Get my goth membership card updated.

Me too! XD

justeen28 11-06-2011 01:08 PM

I could use some more shoes, and jewelry!

Storm 11-06-2011 09:15 PM

I need more shoes too. I only have one pair of stompy boots. :p And I also could use an upgrade on my magical goth membership card.

Grausamkeit 11-07-2011 05:06 PM

Buy all of your clothing from Hot Topic/Torrid.

Lapin 11-16-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
Jeans are okay as long as they are full of holes and/or nearly torn to shreds, silly boy.

Some of us like looking like presentable members of society. And working in a lab with dangerous acids while wearing something that looks like it went through a shredder seems like it might end in pain.

You should go do it. Might be good for a laugh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grausamkeit (Post 684207)
Buy all of your clothing from Hot Topic/Torrid.

You're right, The Gap does have some nice things.

Saya 11-16-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lapin (Post 684923)
Some of us like looking like presentable members of society. And working in a lab with dangerous acids while wearing something that looks like it went through a shredder seems like it might end in pain.

You should go do it. Might be good for a laugh.

Some of us also participate in this kind of humour called "sarcasm".

Versus 11-16-2011 09:30 AM

Some of us.

Lapin 11-16-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya (Post 684926)
Some of us also participate in this kind of humour called "sarcasm".

And some of us think people getting hurt is hilarious.

Some of us.

Miss Absynthe 11-16-2011 10:15 AM

Well, it depends on who it is getting hurt.

Grausamkeit 11-16-2011 12:55 PM

Sarchasm, that thing that newbs rarely cross.....

Catch 11-21-2011 08:42 PM

Well, when dressing Goth I do okay. For the most part, I could just try harder. Most of the time I just wear sweats around the house. Still looking kind of Goth, but I feel no need to get all bent out-of-shape on anything. Casual Goth, it's the new thing. :)

Miss Absynthe 11-22-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grausamkeit (Post 684955)
Sarchasm, that thing that newbs rarely cross.....

Oh dear. I read this when you first posted it, and have only now seen the spelling pun. I'm changing my middle name to Sherlock.

Grausamkeit 11-22-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe (Post 685513)
Oh dear. I read this when you first posted it, and have only now seen the spelling pun. I'm changing my middle name to Sherlock.

:)

I was wondering if I should've spelled it 'sar-chasm', but figured people would get it, anyway.

carakitty 11-22-2011 11:20 AM

I need to first of all get a Goth Fashion Sense, or perhaps even just a Fashion Sense to begin with.

Accepting applications for personal fashion consultant! =)

Solumina 11-22-2011 08:53 PM

Girl I'll make you fabulous!

carakitty 11-22-2011 09:55 PM

Well git on it then! Tell me what to wear tomorrow!

CyanideandRaspberryTea 11-23-2011 05:31 AM

In no uncertain terms...a bustle skirt. Preferably a red/black striped one...and perhaps a skull-patterned tophat...yes, that will do quite nicely methinks.

Miss Absynthe 11-23-2011 05:52 AM

I LOVE bustles.

CyanideandRaspberryTea 11-23-2011 05:59 AM

Aren't they bloody expensive though D: I mean seriously...but this is where both the "you're not paying for the garment you're paying for the brand" comes into it and also the fact that I keep saying my life would be alot easier if I had a sewing machine >.< ASIDE from that...bustles are beyoootiful <3

Entity0013 11-23-2011 07:15 AM

Eh, black clothes and more tattoos? Thats usually how I go about it. :mad: