Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Madames and Monsuiers... good evening... (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14910)

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 04:08 PM

Madames and Monsuiers... good evening...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I am a student studying Theatre in college who loves to paint and sing.

2. Where are you from?

Originally I'm from New England

3. Who is your favorite author?

Susan Kay

4. What are your favorite films?

The Cell, The Phantom of the Opera (silent film), Battle Royale, Mr. Brooks, Repo! The Genetic Opera.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Something Sarah Brightman

6. At your funeral?

Something Mozart...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Beautifully, Elegantly, the details aren't ironed out yet

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Black with crimson lining

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

The beauties of having a few in the closet...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

My deceased pets

11. What's your favorite band?

Emilie Autumn

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Working on my Bachelors in Communications with a concentration in Theatre

13. Why did you join?

Perhaps to find more of my kind...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

The first 13 should have

HumanePain 03-26-2009 04:11 PM

Welcome my lady. I was glad to read The Cell was one of your favorite movies, it is one of mine as well. And I enjoyed Sarah Brightman's Harem performance on public television, eclectic and beautiful. And of course many love Mozart.

Which plays or acting parts do you enjoy performing?

JCC 03-26-2009 04:17 PM

When speaking the most fundamental of French in some strange attempt to gain favour, do try to spell 'monsieur' correctly.

Tam Li Hua 03-26-2009 04:20 PM

Good evening! =D Welcome to Gnet!

Repo! is one of my favs. I need to re-watch The Cell.

Unimatrix 00 03-26-2009 04:33 PM

Hello baby. Welcome to the boards! My name is Louise, but folks call me Lu. Pleased to meet you!

x x x

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 04:42 PM

Humane Pain - I've been partial to the Phantom of the Opera, but I love musicals and i enjoyed The Importance of being Earnest, Cats, and A Christmas Carol.

JCC - I shall remember next time, however the title is in fact a quote from a favorite series of mine.

Tam - Like Repo, the cast may at first put you off for The Cell but it's an incredible story.

Lu - Pleased to meet you!

Renatus 03-26-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00 (Post 523166)
but folks call me Lu.

We do? I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to that. I think I'll just stick with Louise.

Also to the newcommer to our forum, welcome.

Unimatrix 00 03-26-2009 04:50 PM

Renatus my little sweetheart you can call me anything you want. ^^ I wish I could go on AIM but I am logging off now.

And hello Lady Christine! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Beware, there's a few nasty assholes here who will try to upset you, but the majority of people here are lovely folk, like me and Renatus. Just don't mind the dimwitted fuckfaces.

x x

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 04:53 PM

Lu - Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the heads-up.

Unimatrix 00 03-26-2009 04:57 PM

No problem honey. There's soo many nice people. I'm just saying theres some people here who will pounce on you for misspelling, saying something out of the ordinary etc. Believe me, I've been through it all on this site! But I hope you have a good stay here.

How are you this evening? x

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 05:12 PM

Indeed, but that's a risk one must face on the internet. It take all types to make a world however. I don't mind seeing the different folk here, but I do hope I have a good time here as well.

I'm alright, just watching some television.

Xombie 03-26-2009 05:42 PM

Oh, we only ridicule Unimatrix because she bragged about beating up some chick, and because her piss fetish is just downright funny. I think it was well-deserved. We're only "mean" to other people if they're fucking morons.

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 05:49 PM

Xombie - Well, it does take all types to make a world. I hope however I do not turn out to be a 'fucking moron' at any rate.

HavelockV 03-26-2009 07:13 PM

Ahh, Milady. *sweeps hat off head and offers a bow* Welcome to this motley assemblage of characters. And such fine tastes you do have. Miss Brightman is a wonderful talent. I do hope you enjoy your time here, if it is not too impudent a thing to say coming from a fellow neophyte of this board.

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 07:57 PM

Thank you kindly. I find my tastes perhaps a bit more refined then average perhaps, but I do agree Ms. Brightman is quite incredible. As far as a welcome, you are less new then I, so it isn't imprudent at all.

Underwater Ophelia 03-26-2009 08:46 PM

It doesn't matter if it's a quote, you fool, you spelled "monsieur" wrong.

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 08:48 PM

Forgive me, next time I'll be sure to run it in a translation application.

Underwater Ophelia 03-26-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Christine (Post 523288)
Forgive me, next time I'll be sure to run it in a translation application.

...what the fuck?

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 09:04 PM

Was I unclear?

Smells Like A Foot 03-26-2009 09:07 PM

No need to talk like a chump, it makes you look like...............

A chump.

Underwater Ophelia 03-26-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Christine (Post 523308)
Was I unclear?

No, but what you said makes no sense. A translator wouldn't correct a spelling error.

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 09:11 PM

Forgive me then Ophelia, what I meant was I would go to a translation application and enter 'Mister' in order to translate it to the correct spelling of the word rather then feel it out from memory. I hope I'm not coming across hostile, that is not my intent at all.

HumanePain 03-26-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia (Post 523286)
It doesn't matter if it's a quote, you fool, you spelled "monsieur" wrong.

(Ahem) Didn't you just say in another recent post that if you correct someone's grammar then yours better be immaculate?

http://gothic.net/boards/showthread....310#post523310

Mr E Nigma 03-26-2009 09:51 PM

Lady Christine, I wonder what your favorite stuff by Brightman is.

Also are you an avid fan of opera?

Lady Christine 03-26-2009 10:10 PM

Well, I purchased Winter Symphony, and I personally am a huge fan of Eden and Dive. I much like Eden though, it's a very relaxing CD to listen to and I quite enjoy it. Harem is also very beautiful, and so is Symphony, I just really am partial to Eden for some reason or other...

I wish I could say I was an avid fan, however I am a fan and enjoy opera very much, I just don't have the background or obsess to be any more then a fan.