Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's your current hair style and color? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=12884)

Raptor 10-26-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
4" mohawk, down at the moment. It's dark brown for now

Same, or a kind of death hawkish thing anyway. Needs the sides cutting at the moment though and I'm trying to decide whether I should bleach or colour the sides, or leave it.

Maldarion_Haliax 10-26-2008 03:52 AM

I keep mine combed back or just messy and it's blue right not,I'll post a pic when I find my adapter.

Saya 10-26-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Oh... That sucks!!
I've known my hair dresses for about a year, i go there about once in two months, so she knows what styles i seek and what works on my bone structure... She also gives me tips (like i have hair on my neck, so she made it a little longer down the bottom to cover that)...
Building a relationship with your hair dresses is important... Especially for me, because my hair is very soft and any screw up would show, no matter how small it is.

She also gives us discounts for being regulars :)

The problem I think with a lot of hair dressers here is that few of them are used to it when someone presents a hair cut that is out of the ordinary. I've never seen anyone with the hair cut I showed her before, I think that had a lot to do with it.

There is a hair stylist who doesn't mess up my hair, but she was away on vacation for a month, and I was impatient -_-* I had uber long hair and got sick of it. It took her an hour and a half to chop it all off!

honeythorn 10-27-2008 11:01 AM

I;m dying mine again in a few minutes, the usual black seeing as it won't bleach up light enough for me to have any blue.

Breathless Horror 10-27-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor
Same, or a kind of death hawkish thing anyway. Needs the sides cutting at the moment though and I'm trying to decide whether I should bleach or colour the sides, or leave it.

Bleached sides always looks pretty sweet. You could do polka dot sides if you feel adventurous XD

TheBloodEternity 10-27-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saya
I wanted mine long in the front and short in the back, but the hair stylist screwed up.

Well, this is what I have right now. =)
-
I get my hair cut at cheap places like Supercuts...

Raptor 10-27-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Bleached sides always looks pretty sweet. You could do polka dot sides if you feel adventurous XD

Ah thanks, I was actually about to ask people's opinion here.

I'm thinking I might be able to get away with not dying the middle black? Pic (yeh it's very dirty, it's been up a few days).

But yeh I'll probably cut the sides to a 3 or something this week, and maybe bleach too.

Cicero 10-27-2008 10:17 PM

Raptor - Dying the middle black would be awesome, and bleaching the sides would look totally Jonny Slut. And when your sides are short again you could even try drawing zebra or leopard print on the sides. Permanent marker works well for that.

crucifix 10-28-2008 04:46 AM

About chin length on the sides, *slightly longer* in the back (not mullet like, though) and below my eye length in the front. It has a very little bit of texture to it and I straighten it. I want to grow it out enough that I can pull it back and out of my face and not deal with it on work days, but for now it is still an hour event everyday to try to make it presentable and not poofy and super curly like it naturally is. Oh, and it is dyed black, my fave color that I have had so far.

crucifix 10-28-2008 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Well, this is what I have right now. =)
-
I get my hair cut at cheap places like Supercuts...

Me too. I always get a simple cut, though. I tell them "cut it DRY, cut the back straight across and give it a tinyest it of texture." If I want something more elaborate, I go to a more expensive place to get it done. Supercuts is great for trims, though.

Scareebowfairy 10-28-2008 05:44 AM

My hair is naturally dark, wavy and long down to about my belly button. I haven't colored it in a while. I like pining my hair out of my face using little pins and clips I've stuck bows and ribbon on.

Raptor 10-28-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero
Raptor - Dying the middle black would be awesome, and bleaching the sides would look totally Jonny Slut. And when your sides are short again you could even try drawing zebra or leopard print on the sides. Permanent marker works well for that.

Sides are now a 3, yay for student discounts. Also have the dyes, I'll do it in the next few days hopefully. I take it that it would be a bad idea to dye any of it twice? (like I shouldn't do it all black and then do the sides blonde after, or the other way around). And I am I going to be able to do this myself?

Breathless Horror 10-28-2008 04:22 PM

Personally, I would suggest having a friend help you with the dye. It's do-able by yourself, but you risk screwing up on the bits you can't really see, and if you're not used to working in the mirror that may be little help. I always prefer to have a friend help, cause I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my hair.

Please post pics when you're done, it should look great!

~~Auriel~~ 10-28-2008 04:49 PM

I have long hair that is naturally EXTREMELY dark brown (almost black), but I dye it blue black because I like how it shines blue in the sunlight! My hair is also wavy/curly and very thick. It doesn't take to back combing very well but I am readily armed with a giant supply of hair spray and a teasing brush. I straighten it, wear it curly, wear it wavy, wear it in braids. It is currently pulled back in a french braid, as my son is quite the hair puller!

Cicero 10-28-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor

Sides are now a 3, yay for student discounts. Also have the dyes, I'll do it in the next few days hopefully. I take it that it would be a bad idea to dye any of it twice? (like I shouldn't do it all black and then do the sides blonde after, or the other way around). And I am I going to be able to do this myself?

Dye the hawk first, then bleach the sides (keeping the black bits well out of the way of course - it might help to have some hair clips, even if the hawk is fairly short). I often do it the opposite way around without thinking, but that can lead to the black dye bleeding into the bleached bits when you wash it out.

And yes, everything Breathless Horror said. Post pictures!

Raptor 10-29-2008 02:03 PM

I now have light brown sides haha. It was blonde dye though, which is like diluted bleach right? So I guess I'll just wait a day or two and try again. Use the same sort of stuff or find actual bleach?

Thanks both of you, it's very helpful.

Breathless Horror 10-29-2008 06:01 PM

Personally I prefer bleach, but thats because I'm of the "leave the bleach in for 1.5 hours and fry my hair to get a lasting, super vibrant colour" school. I don't really know much blonde hair dye, so I'd bow to Cicero's more extensive experiance and say go with whatever she suggests XD

Cicero 10-30-2008 12:21 AM

I'd also suggest going for actual bleach. I think the blonde hair dye would include the dye of whatever blonde it is, so bleach gets rid of that annoyance. Plus you can get a huge tub of bleach powder and a huge bottle of developer and keep them on hand for whenever you need them.

My 'extensive experience' (which really isn't that extensive, haha) has involved some very stretchy hair after leaving bleach in for too long, so my only warning would be not to leave it in for more than an hour!

jack_the_knife 10-30-2008 05:51 AM

A friend of mine has "dyed" his mohawk with spray paint (designed for cars), I think he's ruined it and will have to shave it off, but I don't know anything about hair. So I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone ever done their hair with car spray paint and if so, does it work?

JCC 10-30-2008 06:18 AM

My hair sucks. I woke up yesterday like "I HAVE THE BEST HAIR IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE! SHIT YEAH!" and now it's just a case of " :("

gothicusmaximus 10-30-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
My hair sucks. I woke up yesterday like "I HAVE THE BEST HAIR IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE! SHIT YEAH!" and now it's just a case of " :("

Sounds to me like you're BIPOLAR.

Raptor 10-30-2008 03:09 PM

All done now, will get a picture tomorrow.
Yeh the powder bleach worked way better. But now I can see that the black dye just made my hawk a darker brown. Buying dyes on sale in a supermarket is a bad idea. I'm happy though, thanks very much guys :)

Ryaken 10-30-2008 03:19 PM

My hair's long, hazel/blonde and kinda ringlety, but it's more a case of top half straight and getting curlier lower down. I want to dye it black and have it all straight. But I may get it cut shorter, and dye it black with red tips or just have one side bang being red-tipped the rest in a ponytail (I have it like that now, just not dyed.)

bluey-green-vein 10-31-2008 05:46 AM

i have a Johnny Slut style death hawk at the moment, but my hair is very versatile, sometimes i wear my hair in Twin Fins, Mohawk (usually just spikes) and a kinda messy comb over style, its alot of fun :D

Cicero 10-31-2008 06:01 AM

Well I just got my hawk dreaded. It's been a bit traumatic, but with some ridiculously long extensions, skull beads and animal bones I'll be voodoo-pretty in no time. Pictures will follow.