Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cerebellum piercing advice (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=4448)

SKot 01-08-2007 09:42 AM

Cerebellum piercing advice

Well, I really want to get my cerebellum pierced. None of the other piercing styles seem 'extreme' enough for me anymore, and I find myself unable to impress my friends or shock my family anymore. So I'm looking into a cerebellum piercing as the logical next step, but I'm not sure how good it will look. Do any of you have experience with this? Should I get a medulla piercing instead?

Thanks for any advice you can give on this.

--SKot

Pyre 01-08-2007 09:52 AM

I would go with the Medulla, personally.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-08-2007 09:55 AM

Why are you getting piercings based on shock factor?

Pyre 01-08-2007 09:59 AM

DHD, Wiki the piercings he's asking for.
You'll understand.
As far as I know, these are impossible to get.
And, if possible, they'd likely screw him over big time.

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-08-2007 10:03 AM

No, I understand what the piercings are... I just don't understand the motivation to permanently alter yourself (and possibly your state of health) for shock factor.

Pyre 01-08-2007 10:08 AM

DHD. . . this thread is a joke. . . There's no way to get those piercings.
You really over-think things sometimes o.O

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-08-2007 10:12 AM

Ack!

Yeah, I do....

Sorry.

:(

To be fair, I had the kind of dumbass friends in high school that would probably actually try to do something like this... For shock factor.

Pyre 01-08-2007 10:16 AM

Being that their cerebellum controls their motor skills, I think it might shock them more than everyone else ;) Besides, as far as I know, a brain piercing wouldn't exactly be visible. . . Unless you shoved it straight through your skulls, as well >_>

SKot 01-08-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyre
Being that their cerebellum controls their motor skills, I think it might shock them more than everyone else ;) Besides, as far as I know, a brain piercing wouldn't exactly be visible. . . Unless you shoved it straight through your skulls, as well >_>

Well, I figured I would either do a ring that would extend out the back of my neck and hang down, or maybe a bar that would have studs sticking out on the side of my head. You know, Frankenstein-style.

I'm sure it would gain me lots more respect for my unique alternativeness.

--SKot

DarkHeartedDemoness 01-08-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKot
Well, I figured I would either do a ring that would extend out the back of my neck and hang down, or maybe a bar that would have studs sticking out on the side of my head. You know, Frankenstein-style.

I'm sure it would gain me lots more respect for my unique alternativeness.

--SKot

See?! It could work....

:p @ Pyre

maggot 01-08-2007 01:33 PM

I say you get both, and have a chain going between them.

emeraldlonewoulf 01-09-2007 05:56 PM

personally, if shock value is what you're going for, look into corpus collosum alteration.... then you could think of two completely disassociated things simultaneously....... the resulting attempts at communication could be quite entertaining....... rather like the Synchronized Dance of the Magnetic Peanuts......

emeraldlonewoulf 01-09-2007 06:01 PM

on a more serious note, I wonder how marketable such things could be in a few decades? Instead of piercings, tattoos, plastic surgery and other body modifications, personality and brain function mods could become quite popular. I mean think about it, the significant other is perfect except for that one little characteristic. It could become a valentine's day tradition. People could modify themselves to fit the perception and expectation of others! For the low, low price of $9,999.99! Add into this genetic modification and the possibilities are endless....

Clockwork 01-09-2007 06:04 PM

I rather like the idea. Would you be getting your wheelchair painted with racing stripes next?

emeraldlonewoulf 01-09-2007 06:15 PM

you could get custom graphics depicting the particular piercing, so everyone will know how "hardcore" you are, and can see how cool you are. IT could be the perfect way to show how much you don't care about outward appearances, and how soulful, dramatic and sensitive you are underneath, how all of this is on the inside, because the mod was on the inside. It will also show how much you are willing to sacrifice for "the culture"....

PersephoneX 01-09-2007 09:37 PM

ha ha ha ha...this thread has to be a joke...

raggedyanne 01-09-2007 10:16 PM

like that one guy from the classic psycology thing who was in some mining accident - something went through his brain. He lived but it pierced the part of the brain that controlled personality and he turned into a jackass. Bet that would shock 'em!
I personally like the idea. Hmmm, maybe I'll get my ribs peirced!

Clockwork 01-10-2007 12:34 AM

Oh yes, that's Phineas Gage. A tamping iron was blown through his skull when explosive charges for the railroad weren't set up properly.

Come to think of it, that's far more extreme than any silly piercing T_T.

SKot 01-10-2007 08:51 AM

I'm beginning to feel that maybe a cerebellum piercing won't be as visibly edgy as I'd like, so I'm now considering extreme body modification.

I'm thinking maybe if I removed a couple of joints on my fingers down to the second knuckle, it would show how much of an unconventional person I am. Although nothing would be quite as intensely counterculture as an arm amputation modification up to the elbow on one side.

Should I modify a couple toe joints as well? The problem is, nobody will be able to see it, and it's too hard to take my boots and socks off every time to gain the approval of my peers. And if nobody knows how alternative I look, what good is it?

Sometimes it's just so hard being a true outcast in today's society.

--SKot

Pyre 01-10-2007 01:14 PM

You COULD attach a phallus shaped object to your face.

SKot 01-10-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyre
You COULD attach a phallus shaped object to your face.

Yes, but the nickname "Dickhead" just isn't dark, scary, or Satanic enough.

Maybe if I went by xxDarkEvilDickhead666xx"?

--SKot

Pyre 01-10-2007 01:28 PM

No.
It would have to be x666xDickheadICPx666x

emeraldlonewoulf 01-10-2007 08:57 PM

hey now, ICP did some cool stuff.......and I don't care if thinking that is thought lame. I freaking LOVE "My Axe is my Buddy" and "tilt-a-Whirl" is awesome.

and the phallus shaped object is just too obvious, you need something subtle, yet striking, something that says "presence", but in that understated, yet dramatic way. If body mods are the way you want to go, you could get hair follicle implants strategically placed in unexpected areas, that would show your individual nature. Or how about genetically induced animal characteristics? Natural looking fangs are so last week, but how about some surgically attached horns, or extra limbs, you could even get them tatooed with chameleon ink, hell, they paint cars with the stuff.

why not get your bones impregnated with metals, like those corporate martial arts guys from that episode of CSI. They say handshakes make a first impression, and boy, what a handshake.....

the sad thing is, on some level, I actually think that last one is kind of cool.....so yeah. The chameleon ink tatoo idea too, I wonder if that could actually work....

PersephoneX 01-10-2007 09:17 PM

ha ha ha...SKot, somehow i never pinned you as the approval seeker. so what's the deal?

emeraldlonewoulf 01-10-2007 10:41 PM

he's be humorous, a bit sarcastic about some people who try too hard to fit into a particular group by doing "extreme" things to their appearance.

I thought the thread intro was kinda funny, actually.