Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   TV, Movies, & Games (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What movie did you last watch? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=34)

Perfectly_Flawed 02-06-2004 06:47 PM

What movie did you last watch?

Myself?

Underworld. Just last night. I thought it was quite blah. Didn't do vampires/dark mythology any justice. Focused on action instead, though that wasn't stellar either.

Manimal 02-06-2004 07:18 PM

Vampires? What Vampires? I was too busy staring at whatshername...

Asurai 02-06-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manimal

Kate Beckinsale. Don't even consider asking how I know that off-handedly.

The last movie that I watched was "Daddy Day Care." The comicbook-geek-guy was cool.

Perfectly_Flawed 02-06-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manimal

Whatshername in PVC and/or leather? :P

Alain 02-06-2004 10:31 PM

Underworld... hmm... the costumes were fun, so were the modified shurinken-type weapons in the first chase scene, but plot wise...
enough said.
I saw Big Fish last night. A bit cheesy, but there was that nice underlying weirdness and lack of reality that made it all worthwhile.

Darkness_Of_The_Night 02-07-2004 11:22 AM

Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed
Myself?

Underworld. Just last night. I thought it was quite blah. Didn't do vampires/dark mythology any justice. Focused on action instead, though that wasn't stellar either.

All yes Underworld. I love that movie. I seen it do many times. Thinking about it I just watched it last night to. I did not think it was a blah at all. It was very good indeed. Will if you think about people do have there on saying about things.

D_O_T_N

Icegoblin 02-07-2004 10:44 PM

Equilibrium, the best sci-fi Ive seen all year. Very dark and brooding. Made me think about its premise hours after the credits went by.

voidinside 02-07-2004 10:59 PM

sadly the last movie I watched was bruce almighty. But I'm going to the movies tomorrow and I'm gunna see The Butterfly Effect.

Daz 02-08-2004 12:07 AM

RUBBER she's completely covered in rubber, except for the corset that is
last time i watched underworld we spent the whole time picking out the holes. it was fun.
last movie i watched was Big Fish but i'd already seen it before. last new movie i was was Monster, it's amazing... if you are amazed by serial killers that is :twisted:

Perfectly_Flawed 02-08-2004 09:02 PM

Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness_Of_The_Night
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed
Myself?

I did not think it was a blah at all. It was very good indeed. Will if you think about people do have there on saying about things.

Yes. Which is why I said I thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icegoblin
Equilibrium, the best sci-fi Ive seen all year. Very dark and brooding. Made me think about its premise hours after the credits went by.

Love that film. It definitely had me thinking too ... though ... not for too long. For me, there was only one stream of thought: we live to feel. I couldn't find any other topic to ponder on... so it kind of got old (IMO).

But nontheless, I think it is excellent.

Oh yes ... rubber. :twisted:

Edit 2: Frickin hell. I just put my own words in quotation marks.
(Yes, TStone, I just read your post in the "type of horror do you read then" thread, and become that bit more self-concious. :D )

DaAngelOfGoth 02-08-2004 09:30 PM

:evil: well the last movie i saw was called you got served i have no idea why i sat through it but i did im not proud of it......

ohthefuckwell 02-08-2004 09:37 PM

um that would be *ahem* the lion king, just yesterday. for the 827th time.

hey!! it wasn't my turn to pick the movie, dammit.

could have been worse....coulda been strawberry shortcake meets rainbow brite....or the land before time 47.....or gigli.....

*shudder*

Icegoblin 02-09-2004 02:30 AM

Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man- for the unteenth time. I dont know why I like this film, but its just so damn entertaining in a campy cheesy sort of way. 8)

Man, Im a big dork.::hangs head::

WickedLee 02-10-2004 12:22 AM

Right now, I am watching Shanghai Knights. It's a good movie and I like that british bad guy. I think he's kinda cute.

Perfectly_Flawed 02-10-2004 12:30 AM

Misery.

I've seen it a couple of times, and read the book twice. It never fails to disturb me. Especially the 'hobbling' scene. :shock:

Daz 02-10-2004 08:43 PM

ummm i watched Army of Darkness last night. you know i'll never understand how it became suck a cult film and i'll also there for never understand why i like watching it. i know i get into a mood where nothing else will do... maybe it's got something to do the the over load of bruce campbell and his cheezy lines. :twisted:

Manimal 02-10-2004 08:56 PM

Bruce Campbell = the second coming of Christ

last night I went through a From Dusk till Dawn marathon. Yep... all three in one sitting. I rule.

Agwani 02-10-2004 09:51 PM

Orgazmo

The first time I watched it, I spent the entire time saying "I can't believe I'm seeing this..." and my mouth was pretty much gaping open the entire time.

I watched it for the second time on Friday, just so I could hear all the parts I missed, due to my hysterical laughter.

RetroGoth_queen 02-10-2004 10:04 PM

The Rage in Placid Lake - Starring Ben Lee.... it was good

Icegoblin 02-10-2004 10:11 PM

Tank Girl yet again. Lori Petty is campy and fun as hell, easy on the eyes ta boot. Eh? 8)

secretboy 02-10-2004 10:40 PM

I saw "Big Fish"

It sucked.

Damn, I remember when Tim Burton used to do cool movies.

Perfectly_Flawed 02-11-2004 09:21 PM

Toy Soldiers

Engaging film ... though IMO, a couple of the characters and scenes were irrelevant. Also the idea that a group of prep-school boys could mastermind such a perfect plan, and manage to take out so many of the terrorists holding them captive is quite unrealistic ... but the film pulled it off. That is, if you succombed to the suspension of disbelief concept, which one needs to do in order to fully enjoy a movie ...

All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

Icegoblin 02-12-2004 01:00 AM

John Carpenter's Vampires. One of my favorite vamp movies, next to Fright Night, Innocent Blood and Near Dark. James Woods is the ultimate macho anti-hero you love to hate. 8)