Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Whining (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weirdness (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=26213)

april13 04-28-2012 02:01 AM

Weirdness

So a coworker who I don't dislike but I'm not attracted to in the slightest made a clear pass at me the other day.

It was a bit of shock, because not only did I always assume she was straight, we never talked much beyond exchanging pleasantries so it was completely out of the blue.

What really weirded me out however, was that my workmates seemed to think it was the best news ever and started encouraging me to 'give it a chance', WTF?

Though I realise the ignorant masses seem to draw self-worth from being in a relationship or getting laid, and my workmates know I've been single and celibate for a long time, I was still rather offended that they expected me to throw myself at this woman just because she showed interest.

Jackson Cutler 04-28-2012 02:25 AM

I don't think you should be offended. I think you should pity your other co-workers.

april13 04-29-2012 12:00 AM

I guess it does say more about them than it does about me, I just couldn't get over how thick they were to keep encouraging me despite me clearly indicating I had no interest whatsoever.

CIRQUEFREAK91 06-01-2012 10:06 AM

They're not your friends, so I don't think you should be bothered with it.

mindless1 06-10-2012 04:00 PM

lol, did she need a raise? jk

Elystan 07-04-2012 03:48 PM

This isn't whining it's thinly veiled bragging

Solumina 07-04-2012 11:43 PM

No it isn't, it is an uncomfortable situation that was completely unexpected, involves the feelings of someone that she does not want to hurt and has created an exceptionally awkward work environment so I'd say it is a perfectly valid situation to whine about.

april13 07-05-2012 09:20 AM

Thanks for coming to the rescue Solumina, while I was mildly amused to find my post atracted the only piss poor excuses for trolls we have left, it's kick to see a respected regular has my back.

The situation has diffused itself because I decided to act completely oblivious, which seems to have done the trick. My workmates still take the piss now and then but it's all in good fun.

And 'phobestan, what exactly are you implying here? It would be rather ignorant to think such uninvited attention is worth bragging about because the woman was previously perceived as straight.

Alan 07-05-2012 09:21 AM

Don't worry about him, he's just a douche.

Elystan 07-05-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by april13 (Post 698185)
Thanks for coming to the rescue Solumina, while I was mildly amused to find my post atracted the only piss poor excuses for trolls we have left, it's kick to see a respected regular has my back.

The situation has diffused itself because I decided to act completely oblivious, which seems to have done the trick. My workmates still take the piss now and then but it's all in good fun.

And 'phobestan, what exactly are you implying here? It would be rather ignorant to think such uninvited attention is worth bragging about because the woman was previously perceived as straight.

I implied nothing, my accusations were quite explicit

april13 07-05-2012 10:13 AM

Thanks Alan, I thought I'd try feeding the troll but that turned out to be no fun at all.