Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Eat Me, Drink Me (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=12119)

Dark Twisted Soul 09-01-2008 11:49 AM

Eat Me, Drink Me

Ok I'm new so I'm probably gonna get seriously flamed for this.
Is it just me, or does Marilyn Manson's latest album suck? His other albums were awesome. What the fuck happened?

Godslayer Jillian 09-01-2008 11:54 AM

He made a new album.

a morbid curiosity 09-01-2008 11:57 AM

Wow, great first post.

Marilyn Manson was never awesome.

Necrophagist 09-01-2008 01:41 PM

Marilyn Manson is a horrible icon for the gothic subculture.

He sucks - period.

Saya 09-01-2008 01:47 PM

I like some of his old stuff, I tried listening to some new songs but I got bored. Maybe thats it. He's not pushing any buttons with this album, just trying to bring attention to his relationship with whatsherface. Its just all boring love songs, which if I want I'll just listen to another band who has a half decent singer.

Breathless Horror 09-01-2008 02:52 PM

I occasionally enjoy his music, despite the 100 or so demerit points on my goth license, but I agree that his new stuff is pretty awful.

KontanKarite 09-01-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Marilyn Manson is a horrible icon for the gothic subculture.

He sucks - period.

God fucking damn it. He's NOT a fucking icon of the goth "subculture" in the first place. To say that he's a BAD icon for it gives undue and incorrect credence to the man and his art as something that's goth.

Jesus jumped up in anal, those who claim he's a terrible goth artist is WORSE than those that simply think he's a good artist and doesn't know any better.

Joker_in_the_Pack 09-02-2008 02:32 AM

Not to mention he never ruddy called himself goth, the media did. He said he was influenced by Goth artists of the 80s, he also said he was influenced by Skinny Puppy.

Zakyath 09-10-2008 03:55 AM

I would definitively say that EMDM was his most goth album ever, musically (even though I still wouldn't call him goth). though, his lyrics were pretty poor in that album.

another of his greatest influences is david bowie.

MitsyMayhem 09-10-2008 03:38 PM

Anyway.
I personally like Manson.
But you're right, his new album is crap and nearly put me to sleep.
And your whoever said whatsherface.
Her name is Evan Rachel Wood from across the Universe.
Him and Dita got a divorce.

StarBurstSunKiss 09-10-2008 03:40 PM

im not much of a manson fan but from his old album i liked 2 songs.
i havent heard his new one yet

††BlackRose†† 09-10-2008 04:53 PM

Manson sucks. End of story.

He's not goth, he's just marketing himself. That's all.

LetheanBlacklight 09-10-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Manson sucks. End of story.

He's not goth, he's just marketing himself. That's all.

Oooooh, spoken like a true idiot. Instead of telling distain for his music by it's merits (or by oppinion, lack thereof) why not jump on the band wagon by saying: "He's not goth, so he sucks"
Music is music and to everyone their own, but next time try to communicate as to why without looking like a moron.
End of story.

Draconysius 09-11-2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakyath
another of his greatest influences is david bowie.

And don't forget Alice Cooper, stealing all his stage show ideas and such.

Zakyath 09-11-2008 07:44 AM

well, looks like I did, I'm glad you reminded me

Heavenly_Goth 09-20-2008 11:30 AM

I don't think that it sucks I like it but then again I love Manson...
<3

Fatbaby 09-20-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
God fucking damn it. He's NOT a fucking icon of the goth "subculture" in the first place. To say that he's a BAD icon for it gives undue and incorrect credence to the man and his art as something that's goth.

He is not goth, he is just wierd.

Nexus-6 09-20-2008 07:44 PM

Though I don't mind a couple of the songs on "Eat Me, Drink Me" I found it hard to listen to from start to finish and couldn't get into it like I did with his previous efforts. I felt that it lacked punch and it didn't have any memorable songs on it, like how Anti-Christ Svperstar and Mechanical Animals did.

lucylucy 09-21-2008 11:13 AM

I used to really be into Manson when I was younger. It was a phase. I had all his cds, several shirts, his autobiography. Then I grew up a little and realized while he's not the worst artist out there, he's nowhere near the best. Eat Me, Drink Me I bought for old times sake and killed the last lingering bits of my obsession.

LadyFilth 09-25-2008 01:07 AM

I love Manson, personally. And I could careless if you all detest his guts. He never did call himself, goth, only except the media. Which I find funny. Just a question behind the divorce between Dita and Manson...Why did they even divorce, I never really got the full story or bothered to check. Plus whose that anorexic fugly chick in his latest cover. I got it as a gift on my birthday, by a friend, I couldn't afford the album then, so I'd youtube it, and from what I heard it sucked chocolate balls. Some songs were okay. In a way, I dislike his new style. The album seems kind of scenster. IN-MY-OPINION. I don't know. Marilyn Manson & The Spooky Kids, will always be legendary to the shit he has up now. MANSON ROCKS.

Saya 09-25-2008 01:11 AM

They divorced to my understanding because their relationship became strained and he fell in love with Evan Rachel Wood.

LadyFilth 09-25-2008 01:17 AM

Strained as in, not working out, too many arguement? I don't know. I heard she walked out on him, and that he cheated on her. Blah blah. And how they both were just very different. Then again, those may just be gossipy rumors.

Saya 09-25-2008 01:19 AM

They both say different things I do believe, I never got her side of the story, and all he really said was that he was so depressed until Evan Rachel Wood came along, he never really said he cheated I don't think, but apparently he did.

LadyFilth 09-25-2008 01:29 AM

Ooh...well thats a bummer. They were a very cute couple. But, I hope Dita isn't heart broken or anything.

NightmareInShiningArmour 09-25-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFilth
He never did call himself, goth, only except the media.

You wanna watch the Tainted Love video he did?
Look closely. What does it say on the front of his car?
GOTH

Fail.
Even if he was just using it as an image thing for that clip, he still called himself goth.