Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   TV, Movies, & Games (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Will Twilight be the new Harry Potter? (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=13172)

Eclipsing the Son 11-15-2008 11:56 PM

Will Twilight be the new Harry Potter?

Signs point towards an unfortunate yes.

Duane 11-16-2008 12:34 AM

Nah,it's just going to be an eye sore of a movie that Nostalgic Critic will do a video on. I can see it now, "This piece of shit is worse than Batman and Robin!"

Eclipsing the Son 11-16-2008 12:47 AM

Or The Covenant!

$haDe 11-16-2008 03:18 AM

Covenant is pretty cool. (At the moment)

But Both Twilight and Harry Potter are stupidly stupid.

Gloomybunneh 11-16-2008 07:03 AM

sadly yes is will. But its become very annoying that people have just started to pick up the book once they see the movie preview.
personally i got the book as soon as it came to the store shelfs about what...4..5 years ago.
It was good but the rest of the books like new moon, eclipse and the last one brakeing dawn had there points of being boring.
Im going to see the movie aswell but if its anything like how blood&chocolate or skinwalkers turned out ill be extreamly disapointed

Albert Mond 11-16-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $haDe
Covenant is pretty cool. (At the moment)

But Both Twilight and Harry Potter are stupidly stupid.

Harry Potter was fine. Compare the ads for "Twilight" to the ones for "Harry Potter". There's no question about which one looks shittier.

Velma Velvet 11-16-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Harry Potter was fine. Compare the ads for "Twilight" to the ones for "Harry Potter". There's no question about which one looks shittier.

I actually agree.
Even my friends, who are avid Twilight friends are pissed about the movie. It's like crap piled upon more crap.

Godslayer Jillian 11-16-2008 01:46 PM

You just know it's going to win a fucking award somewhere, and producers of real movies will become alcoholics.

JCC 11-16-2008 02:46 PM

It's an absolutely terrible series, but I still hope that it replaces Harry Potter.

maromi12d3 11-16-2008 03:08 PM

I doubt it will. But then again look at all the merchandise it has. Though I still doubt it will, can they make toys on this terrible series?

Albert Mond 11-16-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maromi12d3
I doubt it will. But then again look at all the merchandise it has. Though I still doubt it will, can they make toys on this terrible series?

http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums...t5345-300.html

KontanKarite 11-17-2008 05:58 PM

The vampires fucking sparkle. THEY SPARKLE!

That very concept is riddled with FAIL and AIDS.

Eclipsing the Son 11-17-2008 06:16 PM

Apperantly they can be out in sunlight as long as it's overcast...

Know what? This is why 30 days of night isn't set in Seatle. Anybody with half a brain knows you can catch a sunburn in cloudy weather.

Epic Fail.

MegearaErotica 11-17-2008 07:40 PM

It makes me sad to hear that many think Twilight is the new Harry Potter.

Albert Mond 11-17-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Apperantly they can be out in sunlight as long as it's overcast...

Know what? This is why 30 days of night isn't set in Seatle. Anybody with half a brain knows you can catch a sunburn in cloudy weather.

Epic Fail.

And why the hell are they sending a vampire to public school? What kind of weird ass vampire family is this?

HellforgedX 11-17-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You just know it's going to win a fucking award somewhere, and producers of real movies will become alcoholics.

I thought producers of real movies already were alcoholics...
Anyways, yeah, suck.

Eclipsing the Son 11-17-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
It makes me sad to hear that many think Twilight is the new Harry Potter.

It's an insult to Harry Potter and a sign to a severe drop in standards.

Elysiume 11-18-2008 01:35 PM

The Harry Potter books were horrendous, but the films were okay. I think what some fail to grasp about the Twilight series is that they are kids books! Therefore, they don't have to be meaningful, or clever, just something entertaining, because they are aimed at children, and those with the mental age of a child. And it's a great book, if you're a little kid.
The film will most likely be awful, but I'm just a sucker for vampire movies. I just hope they don't make a sequel though. That would just be more shameless milking of a bad idea.

Albert Mond 11-18-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysiume
The Harry Potter books were horrendous...

Bullshit.
messagetooshort

Necrophagist 11-18-2008 02:18 PM

Concurred.

gothicusmaximus 11-18-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
It's an absolutely terrible series, but I still hope that it replaces Harry Potter.

Why? At least Harry Potter has a relatively interesting concept and a wholesome message.
Twilight is tripe with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Quote:

I just hope they don't make a sequel though.
There are three more books in the wildly popular series.

PinstripesAndPithHelmets 11-18-2008 04:27 PM

I actually liked the Harry Potter series. I've never read any of the Twilight books, but I don't plan to. I'm not a big fan of the direction in which vampire fiction is headed.

JCC 11-18-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Why? At least Harry Potter has a relatively interesting concept and a wholesome message.
Twilight is tripe with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Harry Potter attempts to be liberal by having a gay benevolent character (AFTER the book is published, obviously, don't want to compromise the money) yet creates a race of people graced with elegance from birth that end up having a sympathy and pity towards those not born with the same wondrous powers, constantly defending them from the Magical Ku Klux Klan because the Muggles are not born with the greatness to defeat them themselves and must constantly be mollycoddled.

Twilight has the decency to be amoral and apolitical in its shittiness rather than poisoning youths on an ethical level as well.

Bella Sophia 11-18-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KontanKarite
The vampires fucking sparkle. THEY SPARKLE!

That very concept is riddled with FAIL and AIDS.

That made me laugh. X3

Albert Mond 11-18-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCC
Harry Potter attempts to be liberal by having a gay benevolent character (AFTER the book is published, obviously, don't want to compromise the money) yet creates a race of people graced with elegance from birth that end up having a sympathy and pity towards those not born with the same wondrous powers, constantly defending them from the Magical Mickey Mouse Klub because the Muggles are not born with the greatness to defeat them themselves and must constantly be mollycoddled.

Twilight has the decency to be amoral and apolitical in its shittiness rather than poisoning youths on an ethical level as well.

I think you're going into it a bit too much.