Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Fashion (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gothic Clothes for Bigger Folks. (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=14662)

Tam Li Hua 02-25-2009 09:13 AM

Gothic Clothes for Bigger Folks.

I found this site which features clothing for plus-sized folks while browsing for good deals! :D

Some of the clothing is a tad expensive, but it seems more reasonable than most 'Net shops. [Ebay and Etsy notwithstanding.]

~Lady Tam~

Underwater Ophelia 02-25-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua

~Lady Tam~

Christ, is this going to be a new thing for you?

gothicusmaximus 02-25-2009 02:24 PM

"Now I don't have to lose weight!"

JCC 02-25-2009 02:30 PM

Firstly, most of those clothes are ghastly, and secondly, considering that the models are all generic slender and attractive photogenic females, I'm not really getting the feeling that these are made with the fat and ugly in mind rather than that they've put some elastic on to fit around your mammothian waist.

PortraitOfSanity 02-25-2009 02:32 PM

I don't think I'd order from an online store that carries canes and umbrellas.

badteccy 02-25-2009 02:41 PM

Gosh, I'm really glad I stopped dressing goth awhile ago, most goth clothes are retarded looking.

LaBelleDameSansMerci 02-25-2009 06:46 PM

http://www.gothicplus.com/images/upl...hminidress.jpg
Oh that's what was wrong with her face. She's wearing fangs.

Yeah, I'm not that big on a fair amount of the the ready-made clothing, but the clothes do have some individual aspects that are good (they just add it with other things that cause it to fail)...

Man In Room 5 02-25-2009 07:07 PM

This place also sells ashtrays.

http://www.gothicplus.com/home-stuff.../prod_829.html

For your big fat gothic ash.

Pineapple_Juice 02-25-2009 07:23 PM

^ Well done.

PS, I've noticed that most of the clothing in the website-at least for the coats section-all came from this website called Chicstar.com. They're been around for years. I know 'cause I've been buying jackets from them for a while, and a dress once. Their clothes are everywhere so I figure it might be cheaper to buy directly from them.

Tam Li Hua 02-25-2009 07:44 PM

Thanks for the site reference, PJ. :)

Ophie: A new thing? No. I've been doing that for a while, though perhaps not so much on Gnet.

gothicus: Oh no, I'm still going to be healthy, lose weight, and exercise. :)

PoS: Suit yourself. ^_^

Tam Li Hua 02-25-2009 07:51 PM

After perusing and considering chicstar, I think I'll stick with Retroscope Fashions.

Pineapple_Juice 02-25-2009 08:33 PM

Retroscope has chicstar clothes in it too, silly.

Tam Li Hua 02-25-2009 09:37 PM

They have some, but from what I saw of chicstar's site, Retroscope has -far- classier clothes en masse.

Pineapple_Juice 02-25-2009 09:39 PM

I'm just saying, chicstar's shit is everywhere, so might as well buy straight from them if you see their stuff elsewhere.

Tam Li Hua 02-25-2009 09:40 PM

Granted. blacktext

Sir Canvas Corpsey 02-26-2009 03:42 AM

Their buckles section... just called Archangels the highest ranking in the powerful hierarchy of angels.... but.. they're only number 8... that's second from the bottom....

This fucking pisses me off.

Not to mention their neck ties section features Green Day and Misfits...

Ghastly looking ( and that is a bad thing, no matter how "goth" you are) and the prices are just as bad.

honeythorn 02-28-2009 10:04 AM

There are couple of nice things on that Retrocope. I very much doubt any of them would fit me correctly though, and satin is an absolute No No for large people, espescially if fat rolls are involved.

alyroi360 02-28-2009 10:59 AM

NO tight fitting stuff!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! if it's so tight that you're fat is oozing out the seems and practically ripping the clothes, not only is it unattractive, it's also very uncomfortable.

mashpotato 04-12-2009 09:49 PM

If that delights you then go for it.

Tam Li Hua 04-13-2009 12:00 PM

mash: Actually, this thread is rather old and in that time, I've done a bit more research to find things I like a little more.

I still -love- the Gothic Victorian look, however. =D

Solumina 04-13-2009 12:55 PM

Its not that old Tam, if your taste has changed that much that fast they you may want to take a look at your clothes and see if they are what you really like or just what you think others would want you to wear.

Tam Li Hua 04-13-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina (Post 529345)
Its not that old Tam, if your taste has changed that much that fast they you may want to take a look at your clothes and see if they are what you really like or just what you think others would want you to wear.

It's a few months old. I don't see why it would be strange to tweek my wardrobe a little bit.

As for wearing what I like, I wouldn't be carrying around and using frilly black and red parasols, a Nightmare Before Christmas purse, or wearing all black velvet outfits to work, much less aspire to wear Victorian outfits, if I cared that much about fitting in to the general public aesthetic. (That being said, the general public seems to appreciate the deviant style, since whenever I wear such things I only get complements. ;] )

SiouxsiePernova 04-13-2009 11:01 PM

Has anyone purchased a parasol from Retroscope Fashions? If so, exactly how durable are they?