Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   General (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Transportation (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=6626)

Cappinator 07-19-2007 03:50 PM

Transportation

I'm curious. What do you use to get around?

If you walk everywhere, tell me what kind of shoes you wear.
If you drive something, tell me what it is, what model etc...

honeythorn 07-19-2007 03:56 PM

My mother drives me to work as I cannot drive, and I get 2 buses home. I either walk, get a lift from friends or take buses and trains. I mostly wear a pair of black and purple rose print Doc Martens, or New rocks. I also have a pair of peeptoed, flat pump-type emo shoes for slobbing around the house in., and walking to the shop.

Aaroneet 07-19-2007 04:00 PM

My mother takes me to my camp job in a leased 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt with a black paint. It is an LS, or base model, which probably sets us back about $200 a month. My typical attire consists of my camp staff shirt, shorts, and my pair of black-and-white Converse high-tops. Otherwise, I am seen travelling home in my camp bus, or my parents' secondhand car, a 1998 Chevrolet Malibu with a green paint finish.

Cyntrox 07-19-2007 04:11 PM

I use an old bike to get around, or take buses mostly.

Saphyra Runa 07-19-2007 04:20 PM

Trashy 1998 Honda Civic death trap. Brakes are shiiioot, has a front end problem, the rear end is sliding downward, but reliable. Henh, sounds like I am describing myself.

kimaru 07-19-2007 04:24 PM

hmm...When I'm at my moms I go in her van or a school bus. When I'm at my grandparents I ride in their van, volkswagon, motorcycle, or I walk...

Saddiction 07-19-2007 04:26 PM

I walk now that I live downtown (New Rocks), otherwise I drive. The car is a 2000 Malibu, maroon in color. I'd like to get a new car, but cost of living is too high at the moment. Not to mention gas prices. Gas costs roughly $4.50/gallon. I try to avoid driving at all costs, since I have a pretty aggressive case of road rage.

Don't Look Behind You 07-19-2007 04:31 PM

I either walk of take the tram.

I absolutely LOVE TAKING THE TRAM. You never know what kind of people you will see walk in and out. It's like a movie.......you get freaked out enough to get a kick for the day....

Tha Duckman 07-19-2007 04:35 PM

Tha Duckman walks.

On his feet.

Usually while eating a bagel.

biohazard 07-19-2007 04:42 PM

My mom usually drives me. She uses a 1997 Toyota Four Runner.

Underwater Ophelia 07-19-2007 05:07 PM

I am usually transported by my boyfriend's RAV4. It's silver. And smells like me inside.

thedoll 07-19-2007 05:16 PM

A 1990 toyota camry silver named skuttles. When motivated he can move pretty fast, but usually just mosies about. My best friend drives a 92 toyota camry in green named mr. waffles. Hes big and gay and usually holds great adventures.

Solumina 07-19-2007 06:15 PM

I drive a 2003 sand colored Subaru Forester. My mom got a new car and gave me her old one so now I drive a soccer mom car Woot

Saddiction 07-19-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solumina
I drive a 2003 sand colored Subaru Forester. My mom got a new car and gave me her old one so now I drive a soccer mom car Woot

She just gave it to you? You didn't have to pay anything? My mom made me pay $4000 for her old one.

Solumina 07-19-2007 06:21 PM

well it is my first car and I kind of needed one at school that and it is still hers, I'm just aloud to use it (that and I will be the first to admit that although there have been a few hard times I have so far had a fairly privileged life)

Haunted House 07-19-2007 06:26 PM

I walk pretty much everywhere. My boots are old and hand-me-down. I donlt even think they have a brand name on them. If they do, its worn off beyond being able to be read. Sometimes I get a ride around with my friend. When I have to go into the city I take the bus.

Saddiction 07-19-2007 06:28 PM

Must be nice. My first car was a 1984 rust bucket. Can't say I've experienced a privileged life. I've had to fend for myself since I was 19, so I guess I'm pretty used to paying my way.

I bought a new car once, but ended up writting it off.

Solumina 07-19-2007 07:05 PM

I am very thankful for it, although I would rather still have my dad then the financial security we have due to his life insurance policy and the fact that Erik (my brother) and I count as war orphans (Virginia pays for our tuition at any state school) but c'est la vie

Cicero 07-19-2007 08:39 PM

I walk or take trams and trains. The only boots I walk in are my black leather, calf-high, lace up, Italian something-or-rathers (no actual brand label on them). I love them almost literally to death.

I've been working towards getting a licence but driving is just plain annoying. And scary. It would be great for being able to go down to the beach easily though. That's pretty much the only reason I'd want to drive.

psyches_reflection 07-20-2007 02:29 AM

Lots of walking, in my very comfy Doc Marten mary-janes. I get the bus to and from work, and the train to the city centre. I'm not earning enough to run a car, or even pay for lessons. Not whilst saving for Uni, anyway.

Minyaliel 07-20-2007 03:48 AM

*sings* These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they do...

Nah, I usually walk or take the bus/ tram, although I'm known to use my bike or rollerblades if I need to get somewhere really quick.

badteccy 07-20-2007 04:49 AM

I was too afraid to drive (well, I still am), so my mom, sister, or my friend Peter drives, or bus. Also, JUST WHEN I WAS READY TO DRIVE I BROKE MY LEG!
The gods don't want me to drive.

Solumina 07-20-2007 10:07 AM

I wish that I could walk more but when you live out in the boonies it is a bit hard, at least when I'm at school I can walk or carpool with a bunch of people

HellforgedX 07-20-2007 05:20 PM

I got my Tempaz. Half Mercury Topaz, half Ford Tempo. Thing runs on demon powers somehow, it shouldn't be going still. Takes about 13 gallons (about 50 L) to fill up and I ran about 500 miles (about 805 km) on it. Righteous!

Solumina 07-20-2007 08:37 PM

how do you have a car that is half and half?